• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2015

Whilst talking about the enterprise, I was told, yesterday, that it was also already owned by Merlin and not a rental.

Info was from a geeky staff member, who is normally pretty good on this kind of knowledge.
Thought others had seen the showmans van on park with it? I'm just going off hearsay though.

They were testing the lighting tonight
P1190800.JPG

@Stevie - That was a brilliant concert. I saw it at Wembly. Best gig I have ever been to. The projection rig used for it is in the pic at the end of this link https://goo.gl/photos/e8iAiVY8rmprVCb9A

Last edited:
OK, that's pretty sweet. But there is a sliiiight budget gap between the two shows in question.

They were testing the lighting tonight
P1190800.JPG

Hmm. I think they're starting to go a bit OTT with the lighting set up. The last 2 years they've been using beam lights so bright they start to drown out the fireworks.

I'll reserve judgement until I see it but I think they need to start scaling back the lighting a little and put some of that budget into other effects.

The lighting was testing a lot last night, even the enterprise lighting was testing a bit, but it wasn't lifting or anything. Even heard some of the music in the evening.

I don't think the enterprise will spin, as currently all the wires are hanging down, so can't see how it will be able to spin? I think it will just lift up.

Also there are currently no lights on top of the towers or lasers so could this mean we won't see any of them this year?

Here's a few photos from last night:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446401031.352684.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446401050.422585.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446401068.145224.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446401078.383280.jpg

There is a part of me that is disappointed we won't see the rig spin, however I did have a suspicion it wouldn't. I can't imagine the slip ring would provide reliable DMX signals that are interference free.

I've just been told a snippet of interesting information from someone who works on the park about this particular model of the Enterprise...... its not any old Enterprise wheel..... oh no, apparently, its Number 1 - the first one ever made..... Not sure if that is of any significance but interesting nevertheless....

Whilst talking about the enterprise, I was told, yesterday, that it was also already owned by Merlin and not a rental.

Info was from a geeky staff member, who is normally pretty good on this kind of knowledge.

It seems the staff member who has been winding GaryH has just been proved wrong.
The below image was taken today. Note it isn't number 1 at all :) I am guessing it was the same staff member who told me it was Merlin owned.

P1190829.JPG

A couple of other firework construction geek pics below.
P1190811.JPG

(Proof it wont spin)
P1190814.JPG

P1190816.JPG

P1190818.JPG

P1190836.JPG

(Whats that on the pink bit? Fairy Lights?)
P1190840.JPG

P1190843.JPG

P1190852.JPG

P1190860.JPG

And finally, just to prove that I didn't take that from inside the fence, this is the non zoomed in pic.
P1190859.JPG

Last edited:
Also there are currently no lights on top of the towers or lasers so could this mean we won't see any of them this year?

Lasers are promised in the press release, so I hope that hasn't changed. Tbh though, CMT will probably have those dropped in and programmed in a single day, maybe Wednesday, and ready for rehearsals on Thursday.

I can't imagine the slip ring would provide reliable DMX signals that are interference free.

A wireless DMX receiver would have seen to that. So yeah, what a shame it won't spin :(

The lighting set-up (so far) seems quite different compared to previous years. There are a lot more lights on the lawns/Towers Street side of the lake than usual. There seem to be less lights around the trees on the slopes leading up to the Towers and no lights on top of the Towers as present.

I suppose the lack of lighting on top of the Towers could have been down to access issues in the Towers what with having three mazes rather than the usual two.

:)

From the sound tests that have been posted, it seems like this is another pop song mashup like the shows before 2013. Eugh!! I'm having serious doubts about having to sit through 25 minutes of this now.

Maybe it's the return of Dr Pop Rocket but I don't think there's going to be any video.

From the sound tests that have been posted, it seems like this is another pop song mashup like the shows before 2013. Eugh!! I'm having serious doubts about having to sit through 25 minutes of this now.

Maybe it's the return of Dr Pop Rocket but I don't think there's going to be any video.
2013 and 2014 used plenty of pop music but it was mixed well with different kinds of music and stitched together well to create a story.

Towers have just released this video on Twitter about the finale.

Looks like we'll be getting ITHOTMK again, but it sounds pretty decent, to be fair. Looking forward to the finished product even more now! :)