• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2017

Q&As are not legally binding. Terms and conditions over the sale of a product are. The T&Cs state that the pre-booked ticket guarantees you entry to the theme park, failure to abide by this is asking for trouble. They are probably advising to arrive before 3pm to prevent a late rush to the park when the car parks will already be very full.

:)

So what they are saying is even if you paid full price online and you turn up later in the day there's a chance you'll be turned away? So they cover themselves by burying it the q&a and t&c which very often people read. I got a feeling theres going to be one or two upset people next week

That's essentially what they told me, 'please arrive before 3pm with your guaranteed entry ticket to avoid disappointment', I'm not sure what they class as 'disappointment' but here in the real world that usually means not being able to do what you planned. Given Merlin's record I wouldn't assume that they won't turn people away who arrive late if the park has hit capacity.

Legoland are quiet different, they're much clearer, even if it is still buried deep within their t&c about the roads being shut at a certain time and the need to arrive before they do.

Edit: talking of Legoland, someone is complaining on Facebook that they were told on the phone by Merlin that the bring a friend for a fiver was valid for today, if you've done your research you'll know it isn't, but here's another example of Merlin saying one thing and doing another.

That's essentially what they told me, 'please arrive before 3pm with your guaranteed entry ticket to avoid disappointment', I'm not sure what they class as 'disappointment'

Quite a loose phrase in Merlin terms but as far as Alton is concerned it could include:

Having to park in the back of beyond knee deep in mud with no chance of ever getting your car out again - oh, and that'll be £6 please

Not being able to get on any rides whatsoever and having to queue for an hour for a wee

Not able to get any food as the outlets are closed and everywhere else has sold out (the £15 burger van hasn't though strangely enough)

Not being able to get a decent viewing spot for the fireworks or stuck behind the "grand circle" with a view of the VIPs backs

If I were to even be insane enough to even contemplate going up for the weekend I would be there well before midday, let alone 3pm! (but accept for some people due to circumstances this isnt possible).

We went to Legoland instead tonight, less of a journey incase things go wrong and despite horror stories on Facebook that the car parks were full and they weren't letting people in we drove straight into a parking space at 4.30 a stones throw from the entrance and walked in without a hitch, took 15 minutes to get out after, but I imagine those stuck at the back of the overflow car park were not so fortunate.

Fireworks were OK, but not the best I've seen. Might still go next week, but it's not essential for us now.

So how bad is it going to be on Saturday? Like is there any chance I'll get into pizza & pasta for tea? And what will the queues be like?

Some of you moaning bunch need a reality check.

Alton Towers + Saturday + Fireworks has been an insanely popular event since the early 1990s.

End of.

Park's gonna be rammed.

Really!?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alton Towers + Saturday + Fireworks has been an insanely popular event since the early 1990s.

End of.

Park's gonna be rammed.

Really!?

True. I can remember days of 3 hour queues for Air and not be able to move on the Katanga Canyon footpaths due to the sheer volume of people. But the park managed it so much better than they do now.

Oh and also just heard Lightwater Valley have done 3 days of fireworks this year. So a vastly inferior park and a neighbour (Drayton) are both still on 3 days while Towers has dwindled down to 2. Whats your excuse, Towers??? Lack of people turning up thats what.

Next year I expect 1 night of Fireworks.

Anyhoo, has anyone got pics of the set up? I need to analyse and criticise. :D

I'm hearing they've gone with the same trussed stage set up they used last year, but a smaller sound system. Bit pointless imo.

End of.

Park's gonna be rammed.

Really!?

With all respect last year was the first time I can ever recall Alton having to turn people away due to reaching capacity thanks to the event being 2 days not 3.

Yeah it was always busy on the Saturday I agree, but since it's been just 2 days it's on another level of busy!!!

I don't have numbers but I believe that last year was not as busy as it has been in the past (though certainly busier than 2015). The park just felt busier due to the being fewer rides, attractions and restaurants to deal with the crowds.

That would suggest that they have lowered the capacity of the park then else it would have turned people away. Interestingly towers are advising people to get there before 3 due to car parking.....

What time does the park close Saturday night for “normal” customers?

Fireworks is included in the gate price so as long as you're in before the park reaches capacity, you'll get to see the display and can stay until it closes at 9pm :)

Thanks for the replies.

I thought it was 9pm, people who’ve purchased the “Big Bang” ticket get to stay til 10pm

315d4wg.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

I thought it was 9pm, people who’ve purchased the “Big Bang” ticket get to stay til 10pm
Erm...'Big Bang' ticket? What on earth? This is the first I've heard about such a thing...

Effectivly the park is open unto 10pm for everyone really. queues close at 9pm, by the time everyone in the queue has been on it is 9:30. I think Towers Trading will be open until at least 9:30, so the hospitality tent having guests in it until 10pm isn't that weird.