• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2017

looking at everything you get, I dont see how they can be making any money from it o_O

Because fast track doesn't really cost them anything, same with a few other benefits.

But lets break down the retail value of the package
- Golden Circle Fireworks viewing area £?
- Priority Ride Pass on a choice of 3 rides £15ish
- Glass of bubbly or mocktail on arrival £5
- DigiPass - unlimited digital ride photos £15 (£30 per pass, but would only buy one between 2)
- 2 course fabulous buffet £20
- Post show soup & roll £5
- Hot drinks, cordials and biscuits £5
- Poncho £5
- Special limited edition pop badge £1
- Children's entertainment
- Glow in the dark item for the children £5
- FREE Standard Car Parking £3 (£6 per group)

Thats roughly £69 of value, but quite a lot of that won't cost very much to produce. Also whether the buffet is worth £20 could be subjective!

Cost to the park...
- Golden Circle Fireworks viewing area - 2 members of staff and some fencing (assuming £8 per hour * 2 staff * 3 hours / number of guests lets say 60= Just less than £1 per guest)
- Priority Ride Pass on a choice of 3 rides - 3 pieces of paper
- Glass of bubbly or mocktail on arrival - £1 max
- DigiPass - unlimited digital ride photos - 1 piece of paper
- 2 course fabulous buffet - £4 max
- Post show soup & roll - £1 max
- Hot drinks - 50p
- Poncho - 50p
- Special limited edition pop badge -10p
- Children's entertainment - 2 members of staff (as above <£1)
- Glow in the dark item for the children 50p
- FREE Standard Car Parking - piece of paper

So a (entirely made up) cost to the park of £9.60 + 5 pieces of paper

So does anybody know how late are these VIP packages on sale for?

Presuming usual Merlin, there won't be a maximum number available, so I'm wondering, in the past, could you still buy them the day before? We have tickets and a cheap travel lodge booked but we're not making a final decision until a reliable weather forecast has been announced (because it's such a long drive), so what I've saved on the travel lodge, I might consider splashing out on these for us this year.

I can see why they are reluctant to do Friday fireworks though. As it is a school day they don't get the same numbers that they used to when they did 5 nights of fireworks and the Friday was in half term. Doing a whole week of ScareFest for half term does seem the better option. Maybe if fireworks are busy this year they will look again at the Friday, but the last time I went on a Friday for fireworks it was very very quiet that day. We now go Sunday and it is manageable.

Oh I dunno because a lot of people who buy a half day ticket and come in after work / school or travel up and spend half day on the park and can get out at a sensible time afterwards or stay overnight.

Many will avoid the Saturday due to queues while those attending on the Sunday and don't live local would have to take the Monday off of they are staying overnight.

The Friday night while not as popular as the Saturday I agree was still a very busy night. I think they are doing it over 2 days purely on the basis of cutting costs.

Public service announcement.

Can everyone thats going to the fireworks keep in mind. The weather reports for the day of your visits. And wear suitable clothing.
Also make sure you have any medication you need to take during the time on park. Eg asthma inhaler.

Thank you for reading this public service announcement

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

My family won’t be attending this year due to last years debacle which I’d say was close to being dangerous

Yes, yes. I was there on the Saturday last year. It wasn't close to being dangerous...it was horrendously dangerous. I've never seen such a poor performance from Alton Towers. It was very obvious they'd put profits over visitor experience...and it's clear they intend to do that again. Awful event. Truly upsetting in the most serious of terms.

Oh. Almost sold out. Or so they say
DNBOV0pWkAAo9Lo

Do MAP holders staying at the Hotel need to pre-book (the £5) ? The website don't make this clear, but I've been told we don't

I believe them when they say that they're almost sold out for the Saturday at least, I fully expect the park will reach capacity. Pre-booked my ticket last night as I'll be arriving after 3pm and would like it get in!

It would be silly if hotel guests, AP holders or not, did not get guaranteed entry.

:)

Lots of complaints about this on Facebook. I can understand both sides of the arguement - those who have forked out for a pass don't like having to pay more while Alton to avoid complaints has to know the number of guests arriving to guarantee them entry.

I suggested on the Facebook page that perhaps in future, the £5 voucher could be used against food/drink/merchandise when in the park, so in effect it is free for the guest, while Alton still get some money back from it, and from those who do not turn up. They said they will think about this for next year.

We've got the Alton Towers Hotel booked for Sunday night, I was planning on using Clubcard vouchers and arriving early (10am) but I am getting worried that it might sell out. I would assume that the Sunday won't sell out before the day and arriving early will be enough.
I do assume at the moment that if Saturday doesn't sell out on pre-booked alone it will reach capacity in the first few hours.