• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2017

Found this on YouTube. From 2003. Don't think it's ever been posted on the forums.

Could we please stop the petty arguments and keep talk on topic? I appreciate both sides of the coin but there is a time and a place and the Fireworks thread isn't the right one :)

Could we please stop the petty arguments and keep talk on topic? I appreciate both sides of the coin but there is a time and a place and the Fireworks thread isn't the right one :)

You could say, "sparks are flying." But man the past 3 pages of this thread have made my day. PeteB has done it again :tearsofjoy:

Plus unlimited fastrack !
Sounds like a bargain price does that

Just 3 rides one time only aparanty.

As you were

Last edited:
Why on earth are they bringing back this VIP crap when it's been absent the past few years?

When the shows are getting smaller each year, it's hardly worth it at all.

Also, the "golden circle" or VIP area as it was before, is just a big chunk of the lawns which ordinary guests can't view from, meaning less desirable places to stand. That's just another slap in the face for those who can't afford the big price tag.

I'm absolutely thrilled that for the first time since 1997, I won't be attending Towers fireworks at all. They lost my custom after last year. Chosing to spend my money at other more deserving events this year.

Also, the "golden circle" or VIP area as it was before, is just a big chunk of the lawns which ordinary guests can't view from, meaning less desirable places to stand.

There is plenty of space on the lawns, even when they used to have a reserved section it didn’t feel crowded. The bigger issue is that a lot of people don’t want to get their trainers muddy and won’t leave the path so stay outside the Skyride or on Towers Street. There is usually lots of gaps on the lawn but most people won’t bother moving down towards the front either due to the mud or as they want to get out quicker when it’s over.

Actually sounds like a decent package and to be fair it is probably the only way to guarantee that you will get any food on the eveings of fireworks.

Speaking of food and fireworks, I really hope Towers get their act together this year and avoid the usual farce. I suspect however that they will not.

:)

I usually don't like these VIP packages but I think this one is actually quite good for the price. £60 or so quid and you get a decent viewing area, hot buffet and drinks, car parking, fast track on 3 rides amongst other stuff, I would pay that for the convenience of not having to queue hours beforehand to secure a decent viewing spot.

The reason I didn't attend last year and I wont be again this year however is not the prices, but the fact its over just 2 days. Its bad enough with queues and crowding on the 3 day events, but from what I heard about last year, I was right to stay away given people were saying it was actually very dangerous (as above as well) in terms of the volume of people, and not being able to get on many rides all day, not to mention the long queues to get out afterwards.

Bring back the 3 day event, and the Friday night fireworks!!!!!!

I can see why they are reluctant to do Friday fireworks though. As it is a school day they don't get the same numbers that they used to when they did 5 nights of fireworks and the Friday was in half term. Doing a whole week of ScareFest for half term does seem the better option. Maybe if fireworks are busy this year they will look again at the Friday, but the last time I went on a Friday for fireworks it was very very quiet that day. We now go Sunday and it is manageable.

Actually sounds like a decent package and to be fair it is probably the only way to guarantee that you will get any food on the eveings of fireworks.

Speaking of food and fireworks, I really hope Towers get their act together this year and avoid the usual farce. I suspect however that they will not.

:)
looking at everything you get, I dont see how they can be making any money from it o_O