• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2022

Queue times aren't as horrendous as at Scarefest due to a lower cap.

You'll still be looking at a 60-120 minute wait for coasters. Food places are busy but usually do okay at coping.

Viewing area gets absolutely rammed, would advise arriving earlier, there's a lot of different places to watch from, but the closer to the lawns tends to be better.

So other than the lawn and Towers Street, is there anywhere else can you view from? Presumably some of the park is shut off too.
I think you can view them from mutiny bay, KC and forbidden valley etc but I’m not sure why you’d want to because you’ll lose all the immersion from the lighting and music.

X Sector, Dark Forest and all paths leading to them are closed off because these are in the fall out area and I think they also fire from fountain square and some of the paths around the towers.

I think you can view them from mutiny bay, KC and forbidden valley etc but I’m not sure why you’d want to because you’ll lose all the immersion from the lighting and music.

X Sector, Dark Forest and all paths leading to them are closed off because these are in the fall out area and I think they also fire from fountain square and some of the paths around the towers.
Sorry, I should have put in some context. I'll have two youngish children with me, and I can't really be buried right at the front because there's bound to be the inevitable "I need the toilet" from one of them, having stood there for several hours. I need to be somewhere I'm not going to end up blocked in by people and be able to arrive half an hour or less before the start. I appreciate this will comprise the view and atmosphere but that's the joy of children I guess.

Sorry, I should have put in some context. I'll have two youngish children with me, and I can't really be buried right at the front because there's bound to be the inevitable "I need the toilet" from one of them, having stood there for several hours. I need to be somewhere I'm not going to end up blocked in by people and be able to arrive half an hour or less before the start. I appreciate this will comprise the view and atmosphere but that's the joy of children I guess.
The best place for this is probably somewhere around the bottom of Towers Street. I always watch the show from the mound (or whatever you want to call it) at the bottom of Towers Street, and it is always a good view. And in previous years I have been able to get a spot here fairly close to the start of the show. The view for kids may be compromised though as you would have people in front of you.

There is no need to stand for several hours, at 6.15 go to the toilet and then start heading to the lawns about 6.30 there will still be plenty of space in the centre of the grass. Many people don’t want to risk the mud or want to be able to get off quickly so stay close to the path, so you need to get through those people and then find it quite empty near the centre of the lawn.

Totally agree with the above. We have always arrived on the lawns about 15mins before the show and whilst it might looked packed from afar, once you get past the people at the bottom of Towers St you find there is actually plenty of room to find space to watch the show.

Last year they covered the entire lawn area with walkway for the fireworks which was a massive improvement. It allowed people to more easily spread out without getting muddy boots or even slipping on the grass. That also meant the end of Towers Street wasn’t quite as busy as it has been in previous years.

Last year they covered the entire lawn area with walkway for the fireworks which was a massive improvement. It allowed people to more easily spread out without getting muddy boots or even slipping on the grass. That also meant the end of Towers Street wasn’t quite as busy as it has been in previous years.
I think they’ll be doing the same this year, the lawns were already getting muddy last week during scarefest.

I think they should probably cover some of the lawns up for scarefest and then do the lot for fireworks.

Some details about this years display have been released by Birmingham Live:

The UK's biggest fireworks display is coming to Alton Towers Resort next weekend for Bonfire Night. The display will use a combination of dramatic fireworks, ground-breaking special effects and a surprise element that has never been seen at the resort before.

The Alton Towers Firework Spectacular will celebrate the theme park's rollercoasters including Nemesis, Oblivion and Wicker Man. It will play homage to the backstories with a specially curated, unique soundtrack.

Drones would be good, although any real wind and they won't be going up. I guess a surprise element could be anything, especially when it comes to Alton Towers marketing department!

I've always thought drones would be awesome but seeing how even on summer days there's often a wind across the lake I can't see it happening on a November evening!
Bit embarrassing if a large part of the show is based around a ride that's still broken down on its lift hill...
They had The Smiler last year for quite a large part of the display!

Last edited by a moderator: