• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fireworks 2022

Hi guys,

I’m planning on taking my kids to the fireworks next year. We’ve never been to them before and I imagine this may be the only time we do.
With this in mind I’ve been planning ahead and looking at the ticketing options; does anyone have any experience/opinions of the ‘Big Bang’ ticket please?
On the face of it you get some good things; food, three fast passes each, priority place to watch from etc which comes at a price - hence my research 😀

Thanks in advance.

I haven’t done it myself, but it certainly appeals.

If you are someone that visits multiple times a year, then it probably isn’t worth it. But for a once a year trip and to push the boat out as a treat, the extras look good.

Just having somewhere warm to use as a ‘base’ for the afternoon sounds good to me, it can be cold, especially once it gets dark, and so the ability to have a covered, heated place to sit and eat some food and have a drink without the crowds that are inevitably trying to get food across the rest of the park would be a winner.

Maybe it’s just my age!

Going to be very interesting to see how they use the drones. I guess my main worry is that when they end up spending more on extras for the show there is less money available for the fireworks themselves. Hopefully there won't be too many dead spots.

Looks like the weather is going to be good enough for the drones to go up this weekend, but I wonder what their contingencies are if that was to change.
Wouldn't be surprised if the drones form ride logos at points during the show.

100 drones is not a huge amount to be honest. The show will be 2D. DLP I think use 150. Also someone said for 30 minutes. But most drone shows unless replacements are brought in only last 12 - 18 minutes with batteries.

Could these screens be used for new announcements perhaps, or maybe they've added a story to the show now and there'll be a short Film!? Exciting to see how it progresses!

Fireworks were ok. The show was better quality last year. More rounded and variety whereas this year was just each coaster sections

Fireworks were ok. The show was better quality last year. More rounded and variety whereas this year was just each coaster sections

Kind of agree tbf! It was a fantastic display as always but I did prefer the show last year, felt last year had a better structure to it and a bit more diversity. However I did enjoy some of the ride sections this year. Highlights have to be the Smiler and Oblivion sections for me. The atmosphere on the lawns was brilliant in the build up also. The drones pre show we’re also brilliant, really added a new aspect to the whole show!, I was expecting them to feature during the display but I think They actually worked better as a pre show build up.

Food this year was definitely way overpriced, even more so than previous years, and there was a definite issue with just having one bar serving drinks on the lawn, the queue was backed up to the end of towers street at times with only one bar and four serving.

Couldn’t help but notice the Stranger Things / Running Up That Hill mash up that was played this year.

Anyone else think it’s coincidence that we have a dark ride being gutted that has a house shaped facade, references to clocks in the parks social media teases, distorted phone call teasers and a potential U.K. first dark ride IP.

You never know!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash
Couldn’t help but notice the Stranger Things / Running Up That Hill mash up that was played this year.

Anyone else think it’s coincidence that we have a dark ride being gutted that has a house shaped facade, references to clocks in the parks social media teases and a potential U.K. first dark ride IP.

You never know!
Oh no... not another less-than-average IP ride from merlin? They must've learned their lesson from The Walking Dead ride, surely?

Oh no... not another less-than-average IP ride from merlin? They must've learned their lesson from The Walking Dead ride, surely?

I mean, I hope they don't go down that route, and if they were I'm pretty certain they'd be teasing it by now. But Stranger Things is huge, and if they did theme to that, I'm certain the public interest would be massive.

It would also have a good lifespan with the final season not due out for a while. It'll be popular for years like Breaking Bad. Walking Dead isn't in the same bracket IMO.

Anyway, Fireworks, people who have seen, how were the drones? Look good from pics on twitter.

Finally, judging by crowds, a Friday trip is definitely on the cards for next year. Less than an hour queue for major rides all day, early and late in the dark rides, what's not to like?

The music was mixed, from excellent to not that great.

Drones were a lovely addition pre-show.

Lighting was superb, possibly the best yet.

Fireworks however were really lacking, a distinct reduction in pretty much everything. Relative to previous shows, almost underwhelming in the amounts and scale.

Overall, still excellent, just not a standout like last year was.

Absolutely loved the drones at the start. Incredible what they can do with them now.
The bit where they made a coaster track and had the car going along it blew me away

I found the amount of fireworks was reduced slightly but for me it didn’t affect the show.

The biggest problem for me was the music and also the flow. Apart from the nemmy and Oblivion sections the music was a big let down. Also the screen’s were way out of sync with the audio, hopefully they can sort that for the next 2 shows.

As always loved the lasers. For me they add so much to the show but always seem a little bit under used except during the 13 section. Much like the drones, a lot can be achieved with lasers when they are used to full affect.

Fireworks is still a no brainer to attend. £40 for 11 hours on park and a world class display! Bargain.
I did enjoy the show, just didn’t love it like I did last year.