• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

They're replacing Corkie... With that crap? ::)

Even I'm surprised at the theme park wasteland on that one... :eek:

See, like Tim and Sam I'd genuinely love to try the Volare (and I really enjoy MJ), but their operations are so abysmal I'd rather travel further to go elsewhere. Bizarrely, on my last visit, due to its second train lying in pieces and the disastrous loading/unloading procedures, Kumali had an even worse throughput than Mumbo Jumbo. It's infuriating.

When I was at Flamingoland a couple of years ago, we worked out the throughput on MJ was something like 150pph!

The park is a joke in so many ways! I have not been since 2010 because, quite frankly, their installations are completely non-appealing. Since the opening of Mumbo Jumbo, it seems to have regressed significantly.

Stop giving the place so much stick. I dont think that place is that great, but as goons we cant really complain at their investment rate, and all the 'UK's firsts' they keep bringing in; S&S El Loco, Volare (apparently), Vekoma Motocoaster, park model StarFlyer.

Getting a Volare will certainly get me back through the gates!

The thing I noticed last year is that the staff smoking seems to have stopped or at the very least reduced. In 2011, staff were smoking in the stations, over control panels in their booths, learning over guests doing restraints with fags on and everything - worse than any of the seaside parks which have a worse reputation for some reason.

I love that on their Youtube marketing video, they describe it as having "swooping turns, breathtaking drops, and two heartline inversions creating the incredible sensation of zero gravity." I fear that whoever wrote that may have mixed up the heartline roll with the zero-G roll :/

I think we should cut flamingoland some slack. It really does market the merlin parks well for us.

Plus, in most cases, it's cheaper to visit a merlin park. Grab yourself a BOGOF very easily and you're laughing. I struggled to get in for under £25 for mingo in 2010, because offers just don't appear at all. Most expensive pile of turd ever that place.

The local paper did have buy one get one half price vouchers a couple of times that I saw last season. But only during busy periods for some reason, if I remember right.

Just thought I'd ask before we damn this investment too quickly has anyone actually been on a Volare? Would be ironic if they turned out to be quite good.

Having said that I've been on a Zamperla Kite Flyer (the flat ride version of their flying coaster) and the flying position is no Air that's for sure.

I'm just going off the 2010 Mitch Hawker poll, where "Fav Zamperla Volare" finished dead last, even losing it's mutual rider comparison with Goudurix.

I've done one... They're... Well. Interesting. Rough as hell, but pretty interesting. It's like being smashed between two hard mattresses whilst rolling down a hill.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Jared said:
I've done one... They're... Well. Interesting. Rough as hell, but pretty interesting. It'd like being.smashed between two hard matresses whilst rolling down a hill.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Sounds amazing!

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Yay. Now all that's left to decide is the theming; thatch huts and rockery or generic wasteland? :)

I remembered there's one at New York...

Excellent, my trip to Flamingoland can be held off until they get a ride of quality...

I think a lot of people here are reacting to this in a way which I for one see as 'snobbery'. I for one am excited to try a new ride type which wouldn't be seen at other parks. I've been on the flat ride version of it at Twinlakes years ago and I can't remember it being a horror story.

Rides are meant to be fun, I hope they manage to prove you all wrong with a ride that's slightly different and hopefully... FUN!

The ride might be "fun" but it's the park that it's in that is the problem for a lot of people. Flamingoland is about £30 per adult, with very few discounts or offers available. People's past experiences of the park mean that a new ride, especially one that doesn't look very exciting, just isn't reason enough to visit again.

I'm sure the ride will be fun, and bone-breaking as a special bonus, but when it's likely that only about 6 people will get on it a day, I wouldn't pay the money to find out. I also hope they prove us wrong.

The Kite Flyer flat ride is uncomfortable and dull - which appear to be two aspects that are in common with the Volare consensus...

Are Mingo getting two other Zamperla rides this season too? It seems like a bit of a Zamperla overload. I know the casual guest will be interested in new and different ride experiences, but if the experience is poor then they will not come back. Combine this with poor operations and customer service and its a dangerous combination for the park.