• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Nathan said:
Wild Mouse has been removed?

Edit: Just seen the news on Ride Guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadn't this been rumored for a while now?

Can't say it's a loss, but could be bitter sweet for Flamingo Land themselves. On the one hand they've gotten rid of a pretty stock ride, on the other I can't see them replacing it with anything better, especially if a Zamperla Volare is on the way ???

The rumour pops up every year, so it was always one of those 'believe it when it happens'.

I suppose it's no huge loss, but it's another hit on an already depleted line-up of rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like they have traded the ride in with Zamperla as part of a deal with purchasing the new rides as it is for sale on the used rides section of their website.

Based on the latest season ticket renewal letter, we're looking at a Zamperla Volare (opening July), Zamperla Magic Bikes and an as yet undisclosed family ride.

Take a look at this. What.. is.. the point. http://www.zamperla.com/en/zamperla-details-rides-magic_bikes

I think this year marks a serious kicking down a notch of the investment made at this place. I actually cannot believe they're getting this collection of tat. If this is their next major purchase after Mumbo Jumbo, and not just a medium-level investment of filler attractions, then I genuinely have doubts about the future of Flamingoland.

They have one of those at Legoland Discovery Centre, its not very exciting...

Partially as to get to a decent height you had to pedal pretty hard, which I think a lot of kids wouldn't be able to do.

It just frustrates me. Entirely. The park is huge. You know what I'd have done? I'd have kept gate prices the same and instead focused the entire budget on sprucing up the park. The park has more money than sense, yet I fear that in times to come, this equation will reverse. Honestly, they could do so much; how well would a small, indoor themed area go down in wet and windy Yorkshire? Or adding street actors? Even their transit-system Little Monsters dark ride thing could be better worked... With the epic kids' area in 2011 (with all the adventure treehouses and huge slides and stuff), I thought things were on the up again... Maybe not.

Except the rides they're getting aren't very good. :p

There's seriously a lot more that they could do with the money they have. Are they trying to be bad on purpose?

:-\

But it is just our opinion that the rides aren't very good. That bike rides does look crap, but it's a kids ride, so who cares? If I visit this year, I wont be going on it.

If they stopped investing for a while people will still complain. It's as if everyone is expecting them to add a B&M coaster every year.

Enthusiasts <///3

When they close a rollercoaster, no matter how generic, and replace it with a glorified carousel, I think criticism of their investment choices is warrented.

Just because the ride is for kids wouldn't make me think the ride sucks. I actually like good kids rides just as much as bigger rides. It just depends on whether or not it's just a cheap ride with little theming or it's done correctly.

Investment doesn't have to just go on new rides, but the new rides they do add need to make the most of the money they have. Just look at Hurakan at Bellewaerde for example. That's a very small park. Rather than just spend money each year creating uninspiring tat which won't really make people want to visit, they saved up and have made what looks set to be a fantastic little coaster with an awesome looking dark ride section. Flamingo Land could have done something similar but instead they decided to go for quantity rather than look to save up and create a single quality attraction.

And finally, being an enthusiast doesn't mean we automatically have to lap-up everything theme parks and ride manufacturers do/make.

:)

And finally, being an enthusiast doesn't mean we automatically have to lap-up everything theme parks and ride manufacturers do/make.

You're totally right there, but it also doesn't mean we have to moan about everything either, does it?

At the end of the day, if they are getting a Volare, that's a major coaster for them, and the GP will lap it up. Whether we like them or not, it's irrelevant. So say they are getting the Volare, they're also getting two smaller rides as well, that's surely a bonus? Not many parks (especially in the UK) will add a major coaster plus 2 smaller rides in the same year.

It's because we're frustrated that a park as big as Flamingo Land isn't getting rides appropriate for the kind of park it should be. They can do better than this.

These three rides aren't the sort that will attract people from across the UK and they need to be doing that. They are the kind that people will experience once and then not care about again.

It doesn't matter that they're cheap or they have three new rides. They're simply three cheap rides which will make an impact on their wallet but won't do much for them in the long run. Wouldn't it be better to have just one new ride which is well-themed over three pretty boring rides with very little going for them?

They sold two coasters to add to their funds, so they could have introduced one new family coaster (like a new woodie) which could have been themed very well and made a big difference to the park by attracting people from across the country.

Instead they've opted to spread that money out over three bland rides. People might initially think that's great until they find out that those three rides aren't that special. Then take into account parks like Alton offering a real major coaster and Chessington adding a huge themed safari attraction for this season whilst Flamingo Land's ticket prices rise for mediocre additions and I'm sure most people will end up being disappointed if they decided to visit Flamingo Land over the others.

As I said, it's quality not quantity. One great new ride is better than three average ones.

:)

Sorry, but can we stop referring to a Zamperla Volare as a major coaster. :-[

While Flamingo Land do continue to invest in new attractions, they haven't really pushed the park on in four years. As short-term investments they're perfectly okay, but none of them are going to hold much appeal 2-3 years from now.

I was just saying to Dar last night, this will make a total of five kids carousels to choose from at the park.