• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flamingo Land: General Discussion

Does anyone think Mingo's express pass is worth it for a busy day? I'll be going with my parents just before the schools break up, and they won't be doing any rides. I can't get the access pass because of that (I'm able to walk and can ride alone, and do it all the time) so I was thinking about getting the express pass, so I can get on the most popular rides at least once. Tis £50 though, and you get 1 express ride on each of the 5 rides (leaving an hour between each use). We know inversion will be added eventually as it has a dedicated VIP entrance, but I wouldn't have thought It'll be added till at least next season.

Does anyone think Mingo's express pass is worth it for a busy day? I'll be going with my parents just before the schools break up, and they won't be doing any rides. I can't get the access pass because of that (I'm able to walk and can ride alone, and do it all the time) so I was thinking about getting the express pass, so I can get on the most popular rides at least once. Tis £50 though, and you get 1 express ride on each of the 5 rides (leaving an hour between each use). We know inversion will be added eventually as it has a dedicated VIP entrance, but I wouldn't have thought It'll be added till at least next season.

Mingo isn't worth visiting on a busy day. I'd just avoid it full stop.

Mingo isn't worth visiting on a busy day. I'd just avoid it full stop.
I haven't been for a few years, and am yet to ride any of the big coasters. Plus having really enjoyed Colossus back in April, I'm really looking forward to getting on Sik Invers10n. it's only 90 mins-ish from me as well. :)

You enjoyed Colossus? Wow.
Did you not read my Thorpe trip report? I was expecting it to be unbearably rough, but to my surprise I found it butter smooth and also had no headbanging due to my height. Rode it twice (towards the back then very front) and both rides were the same. Can't wait for Inversion as it'll be even better! (For comparison, Saw was dreadful apart from the indoor section)

Did you not read my Thorpe trip report? I was expecting it to be unbearably rough, but to my surprise I found it butter smooth and also had no headbanging due to my height. Rode it twice (towards the back then very front) and both rides were the same. Can't wait for Inversion as it'll be even better! (For comparison, Saw was dreadful apart from the indoor section)

I don’t have any head banging on Collosus due to my height as well but I still find it a rough ride. It’s definitely not “butter smooth” for me, more like “crunchy peanut butter that has dried out and gone hard and rips your toast when you try to spread it” smooth.

You enjoyed Colossus? Wow.
Believe it or not, Colossus does have plenty of fans! Not everyone finds it rough, and some do really like the layout! I’m guessing you’re not a fan @Matt.GC?

I’m certainly not a fan of Colossus myself; it sits firmly in my bottom 10 (#83 out of 91 coasters ridden), and is something I ride no more than once every visit.

I find it phenomenally rough, and never fail to come off with incredibly sore ears and a decent headache (although I am admittedly only 5’9.5”, and have a good few inches of room left over in the OTSRs). Even putting aside the roughness, I’m also not keen on the restraints at all; I’m thin and not particularly big in any dimension, and even for me, it feels like they really dig in to my thighs and make me feel very uncomfortable, so I can’t imagine how uncomfortable it would be for someone with even vaguely big thighs. In Colossus’ defence, I don’t think the first half would ride badly at all if it was smooth (although I must say that I have never once gotten airtime on its airtime hill), but I’m not a huge fan of the second half with the repeated barrel rolls regardless of the smoothness.

I think Sik could ride quite well dependant on how much of a difference the new trains make. It’s not a coaster I’m massively excited for, as I’m not a fan of Colossus, but I think people could like it!

Believe it or not, Colossus does have plenty of fans! Not everyone finds it rough, and some do really like the layout! I’m guessing you’re not a fan @Matt.GC?

I’m certainly not a fan of Colossus myself; it sits firmly in my bottom 10 (#83 out of 91 coasters ridden), and is something I ride no more than once every visit.

I find it phenomenally rough, and never fail to come off with incredibly sore ears and a decent headache (although I am admittedly only 5’9.5”, and have a good few inches of room left over in the OTSRs). Even putting aside the roughness, I’m also not keen on the restraints at all; I’m thin and not particularly big in any dimension, and even for me, it feels like they really dig in to my thighs and make me feel very uncomfortable, so I can’t imagine how uncomfortable it would be for someone with even vaguely big thighs. In Colossus’ defence, I don’t think the first half would ride badly at all if it was smooth (although I must say that I have never once gotten airtime on its airtime hill), but I’m not a huge fan of the second half with the repeated barrel rolls regardless of the smoothness.

I think Sik could ride quite well dependant on how much of a difference the new trains make. It’s not a coaster I’m massively excited for, as I’m not a fan of Colossus, but I think people could like it!
I think because I found Colossus smooth it allowed me to enjoy it and appreciate just how good the layout itself is. That's why I'm so looking forward to Inversion, and the latter could well become one of the UK's best coasters when it opens a week on Saturday. 🙂

So if TCFNAI* opens to the public at 12:00 then I’m guessing that may mean that the prominent vloggers are getting two hours exclusive ride and filming time on it? The park should be able to dispatch a good half a dozen trains for them in that time!

*The Coaster Formerly Known As Invers10n. I can’t bring myself to call it the S word.