• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Flat Rides: What would you like to see come to the park?

I know the games in the Bunker and Mutiny Bay are ticketed to get prizes - is that the same in this one? If not, I wonder if they will be and the Ops cabin would also be the counter to exchange 10,000 tickets for a small rubber ball?

I know the games in the Bunker and Mutiny Bay are ticketed to get prizes - is that the same in this one? If not, I wonder if they will be and the Ops cabin would also be the counter to exchange 10,000 tickets for a small rubber ball?
It's not an op cabin though, it's marked on the plans as a "store".

There is no compelling argument because the plans, which are official documents that have to be truthful for the purpose of a planning application, state that the building will house arcade equipment!

Now I'm in agreement that this will be an arcade. But they were not exactly truthful in Wickermans plans in regard to the lift or with Nemesis on multiple points. Like the sand in the track and the colour. I would push a counter argument based on the above, that Alton Towers are not always truthful in their official documents.

The point I'm making is, the last few years has shown us that the official plans for one reason or another, have differed to what we got, you could say, not truthful. Some of them being quite major points too, especially from noise perspectives. In what is a sensitive area.

Compared to what Alton Towers have said in plans and then done in the recent past, putting a ride inside a building they said was for an arcade, would be quite minor.

Edit: sorry, only just seen the telling off for veering off topic.

Last edited:
You've been mentioning Tivoli Extremes across the forum for months now, but as has been pointed out already Tivoli as a company doesn't exist anymore. Towers aren't going to get a permanent ride in that's second hand, so it's going to be something else that'll come in.
Oh I suppose they wouldn’t bring in a ride second hand that’s true. That’s a shame then

To be fair if you bought a standard flat ride it wouldn’t take long to install. The likes of Enterprise, Blade, Ripsaw are all back of lorry flat rides.

We know it doesn’t take long for towers to add a queue line or fencing as those for the RetroSquad rides were added and removed over closed season quickly enough.

We know it doesn’t take long for towers to add a queue line or fencing as those for the RetroSquad rides were added and removed over closed season quickly enough.
Spinjam/Mixtape and Twistatron all used existing queue lines (Submission ahd Enterprise).

I’m not particularly convinced a new flat is going to arrive for 2024, but to play devils advocate, if there was, it doesn’t have to be ready for March.

Just like they did with Sub Terra last year they could be aiming for a late May opening. It’s unlikely they would want any construction work taking place in FV for the grand opening of Nemesis in March, but X-Sector could well be the location instead.

They’ve lost four flat rides so I’d be extremely surprised if they don’t have at least one new flat for this coming season. They obviously know they need them for capacity otherwise the retro squad would never have existed.

They’ve lost four flat rides so I’d be extremely surprised if they don’t have at least one new flat for this coming season. They obviously know they need them for capacity otherwise the retro squad would never have existed.
To be fair wasn't the original purpose of the retro squad because during Covid the indoor attractions couldn't open?

They have Nemesis back and will probably repair Hex wouldn't put it past them to soldier on another season without adding anything. I do think they'll be putting a Ripsaw and Enterprise clone in though before the summer

To be fair wasn't the original purpose of the retro squad because during Covid the indoor attractions couldn't open?

They have Nemesis back and will probably repair Hex wouldn't put it past them to soldier on another season without adding anything. I do think they'll be putting a Ripsaw and Enterprise clone in though before the summer
Don't know about enterprise but I'm pretty certain that a Ripsaw replacement is planned for sometime later in the 2024 season. Time will tell though.