• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food and Beverage 2016

Just stick to Pizza/Pasta or Woodcutters. More expensive every year but far better than Burger Kitchen.

I wouldn't "mourn the loss" if the whole resturant was demolished, had it's rubble burnt to ash, it's ashes disolved in acid, and the resulting gloop loaded in to a rocket and fired in to the sun.

ahaha.

Food aside, that Burger kitchen up by Charlie is so bland inside it makes high street fast food outlets look well 'themed' in comparison!

Awful interiors, dire food and rip off prices.

Remember when Burger King took over from McDonalds and everyone was gutted, if they came back now and Bugger Kitchen naffed off everyone would be pleased.

Ideally I'd love to see McDonalds return - but it'll never happen.

Which was the better out of the brand fast food outlets? McDonald's was before I visited, i think I remember burger king*, and I've definitely eaten in KFC (which was far better than fcc). Just would like to know how McDonald's did in comparison to burger king/kitchen

*I also vividly recall seeing rita:QoS (despite first visiting in 2010) and a slightly altered version of hex's preshow in which you see the member of the Earls family die, so I'm not sure my memory is much to go off. Not sure if I should be worried...

Burger King is slightly less nasty than Maccies. But we all know what they really need is a Patty & Bun.

A rarely went but as far as I am aware Burger King was widely ridiculed when at Towers. All sorts of stories about awful staff and orders being totally wrong etc. Also I don't think you got MAP discount meaning it was somewhat expensive.

:)

Burger King was fairly robust in terms of the quality of the food you received, as franchises often are. With Burger Kitchen there is no real benchmark, but with good old BK you knew what you should be getting and your expectations were set accordingly against high street outlets (in terms of quality and price).

BK always felt a lot less organised and they were perhaps harmed by having such a varied menu. The facilities in Forbidden Valley & Mutiny Bay aren't big enough for that and would never be used for that type of outlet outside of a theme park. You'll note that the Burget Kitchen menu is far less substantional and multiple components are used in a number of menu items.

On the whole, I like parks to have their own food offerings, but they have to be done right. They have nailed Pizza/Pasta at each of the ones I've eaten at, Burger Kitchen is getting there and I don't eat chicken so can't comment.

I've never tried Burger Kitchen due to bad reviews (and knowing what the quality of food is like in other eateries).

Burger Kitchen seems well suited for the smaller Mutiny Bay and Forbidden Valley outlets, although for the restaurant by CATCF it seems like a missed opportunity. You have this huge restaurant with one type of food on offer. At least with McDonald's and Burger King you had more variety and more to choose from.

The park could do with an outlet that has a bit of everything, on a bigger scale than Woodcutters which is pretty much the only choice for that kind of thing. Would be nice to see a chippy back in the park too. I know Fish and Chips was never busy, however a chippy as a small take away outlet would work really well.

@DiogoJ42 - I love P&B, but you're kidding, right?
I never kid when it comes to burgers. Look, I'm using my serious face:
bowdown.gif
burger.gif

hahano.gif

Which was the better out of the brand fast food outlets? McDonald's was before I visited, i think I remember burger king*, and I've definitely eaten in KFC (which was far better than fcc). Just would like to know how McDonald's did in comparison to burger king/kitchen

*I also vividly recall seeing rita:QoS (despite first visiting in 2010) and a slightly altered version of hex's preshow in which you see the member of the Earls family die, so I'm not sure my memory is much to go off. Not sure if I should be worried...
For me personally, I preferred the Burger King, although I remember there being a bit of an uproar when they replaced Maccy D's, so I'm probably in the minority there.

As much as I wouldn't urinate on a McD's if it was on fire, even I have to concede that the one by Toyland Tours was well themed.

Never been a fan of any franchise joint. Typically tasteless food, served in cardboard, that leaves you hungry.

Now Nick, if your reading this, get on the phone to Tim Martin. Wetherspoons on Towersstreet for the win.

Chicken Tika Masala, rice, nan bread, popodoms, mango chutney, onion baji and a pint, with change from seven quid and served on a plate, not cardboard. Of course this may not be advisable before a ride on The Smiler....

Unfortunately, this would lead go a minority causing unsociable behaviour.

To be fair, I can't fault the chicken kebabs in Mutiny Bay. They are delicious, cooked freshly in front of you, and comparable to what you would pay at the local takeaway.

Last edited:
I've never tried Burger Kitchen due to bad reviews (and knowing what the quality of food is like in other eateries).

Burger Kitchen seems well suited for the smaller Mutiny Bay and Forbidden Valley outlets, although for the restaurant by CATCF it seems like a missed opportunity. You have this huge restaurant with one type of food on offer. At least with McDonald's and Burger King you had more variety and more to choose from.

The park could do with an outlet that has a bit of everything, on a bigger scale than Woodcutters which is pretty much the only choice for that kind of thing. Would be nice to see a chippy back in the park too. I know Fish and Chips was never busy, however a chippy as a small take away outlet would work really well.
i went to the Burger Kitchen's FV outlet when i visited AT a few weeks ago, and the burger was actually really nice. :) (bear in mind, i had a plain cheese burger (no sauces or salad).

Whenever I eat from the fast food outlets at towers I always expect to get served poo.
Then when I am served a big pile of poo I'm not disappointed
:)