• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food and Beverage 2016

Its perhaps in preparation for Scarefest, perfect location when watching the fireworks etc to pop and get a drink

Any other vegetarians mourning the loss of the spicy bean burger from Burger Kitchen?

Reactions: Tom
I wouldn't "mourn the loss" if the whole resturant was demolished, had it's rubble burnt to ash, it's ashes disolved in acid, and the resulting gloop loaded in to a rocket and fired in to the sun.

What is the new cheese and onion thing like?
It's not the food of kings - I prefer the original one, personally.

I wouldn't "mourn the loss" if the whole resturant was demolished, had it's rubble burnt to ash, it's ashes disolved in acid, and the resulting gloop loaded in to a rocket and fired in to the sun.
Goodness. It's not the best food I've ever eaten, but I think it's fine for theme park fare.

I'm a burger snob, I've been spoiled by all the fancy burger places in London. ;)
I've not eaten at the Towers branch, but I tried a Burger Kitchen cheeseburger at Chessington once. The "cheese" was green.

Plenty of the smaller UK parks have finally realised that good food is important. Paulton's, or even Pleasurewood Hills, for example. Blackpool at the weekend meet we just had served a fine burger. Of course there are still exceptions such as LWV and Oakwood where the food is dire.

Reactions: CGM
The Alton ones are ok @DiogoJ42 - they're hardly Honest or Elliot's, but it's not bad food. Green cheese sounds worrying!

Towers burger kitchen isn't too bad really (I should know, my parents insist on eating there every time we go). Its far from the best food I've ever eaten, and towers can do much better, but in comparison to other parks, it's not the worst. We ate at burger kitchen at chessington yesterday. Burgers looked like they'd been kicked around the floor, so much so that all three people in my group who ordered burgers had to send them back. We had the response "we can give you new burger, but it will probably be exactly the same, my best advise is to take a refund and eat somewhere else".

Hard to beat that customer service.

Burger Kitchen isn't meant to be gourmet though, by any stretch of the imagination! It's just *cheap* fast food, on a similar level to what you would expect from McDonalds. The more *quality* options are definitely what you would find in the hotels and grills on-park, particularly the Rollercoaster Restaurant.

Regarding Burger Kicthen, the chicken premium I had on Sunday was lukewarm and dry, but the quarter pounder was much better.

Burger Kitchen's standards are lower than McDonald's. They have far less of an offering and still manage to mess up the food. If they're going to get rid of a fast food chain, at the very least, they should have the same standards. I don't mind paying a premium for good food at theme parks. I do mind a lot overpaying for completely rubbish food though. :mad:

Hey social media hippies: instead of releasing cockroaches in to Byron for complying with the law, how about you try catching the ones that no doubt lurk in Burger Kitchen?