• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food and Beverage 2016

I think we all need to calm down about food and beverage offering. I've been on two days since new season and plenty is still on offer. The starbucks was great by Nemisis to get my son a drink and treat while my daughter and wife rode Nemisis. The pizza and pasta place was open after rides closing so could have a meal after a great day at park and service was good. After all don't we go to enjoy the rides not eat constantly all day?

Two of my favourite things are rollercoasters and food. I agree we go to theme parks for rides to have a great day out but having a great choice of food is the cherry on top when your hungry. There aren't that many places to eat, so the few places there are becomes over crowded. That puts a bit of a dampener on your day and that annoyance seems even worse when your hungry. I agree that they should bring back the chain restaurants. Thank goodness for The Woodcutter's rib meal and other tasty treats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burger King at BPB closes on some off peak days.
If a company knows it will not make a profit on very quiet days,
it will do its best to avoid opening unless contractually obliged.
Doesn't matter if it is Merlin or not,
they are all in the game to make money.

Burger King at BPB closes on some off peak days.
If a company knows it will not make a profit on very quiet days,
it will do its best to avoid opening unless contractually obliged.
Doesn't matter if it is Merlin or not,
they are all in the game to make money.
I understand closing outlets quiet days when they might lose money, but towers seem to have closed quite a large number of food outlets over the last few years, ranging from small kiosks to courtyard bbq. Now, unless you only want a hot dog or are willing to queue for woodcutters, your only option is ffc or bk. While I personally don't mind these options too much, some people have higher standards than the food served in those outlets, or if staying for more than one day, want more varied food options. At very least, they relive the queues for the currently open outets, and its going to be hard finding seats in ffc combust days.

There is no excuse for this. After seeing the queues for food at all of the outlets when I went on good friday the entire group I was with (12 of us) unanimously decided to wait and go to maccies on the way home instead. It's as if they don't even want people to eat in the theme park. Why not open up another fried chicken co. in dark forest? That's an entire area without any kind of fast food offering. The whole issue just stinks of poor planning and management.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think we all need to calm down about food and beverage offering...After all don't we go to enjoy the rides not eat constantly all day?
The main draw of a theme park is indeed its rides and themed areas, of course, and no, I don't go to a park to eat all day. However, a day at a theme park consists of more than just being in queues and going on rides. People have to get lunch, and will remember whether the food and guest service relating to it was good. When I go to a park I expect a good choice of restaurants and outlets that all make it possible to get decent quality food anywhere I choose to eat at, and without too much waiting around for it. Queuing for a long time for an average meal breaks the escape from normality that a theme park should offer. Conversely, high prices for these park food must attract less complaint when guests can see that it's justified in what they get for their money.

Reactions: Ted
I think we all need to calm down about food and beverage offering...After all don't we go to enjoy the rides not eat constantly all day?

Of course we do. But spending up to 7 or 8 hours day walking around a park as big as Towers, you will get hungry. Which is why they are essential in a theme park. Interestingly though, I actually did know someone who want to Thorpe and just ate in the Pizza Hut there for most of the day (true story!) :p

One of my current pet hates is that, ever since the branded outlets have been removed, the pizza and fried chicken restaurants have been split up. So if you're in Forbidden Valley and want to go to Fried Chicken Co. You have to venture all the way to X-Sector to get some, unlike the old KFC and Pizza Hut combo where I could have just gone to one at Katanga Canyon which is a shorter walk. The Burger Kitchens are much more spread out (and they were as McDonalds and later Burger Kings). You could accuse me of being a fussy eater, but that's how I am. :p

The closing of outlets is nothing but short-sighted accountancy nonsense.

If there's massive queues at outlets, people will go elsewhere. That might be in or outside the park.

Bottom line can only be that the combination of bad customer service (ie long lines) and people eating elsewhere will only hurt revenue.

Well done Merlin, another very short term gain for the shareholders.

Lets not forget that these outlets haven't (all) been closed because they are not viable, it's because the park has faced big budget cuts. Sadly something has to give, and it's the food outlets that have got the chop. Given that on top of this several rides have become SBNO, two rides have been removed, street entertainment and pirate shows have been removed, and the park is closed several weekdays this season... that just goes to show the scale of cuts this season, and also how big of an impact The Smiler crash has had on the park.

With things like Towers Loving Care going on however, it shows that there are still people working in the park that want to improve the place... there's hope, I think, but it's very hard to support a park which is such a mixed bag right now.

Life has been saved ! Mutiny Pancakes now sell waffles ! :)

Mmmm waffles :)

There is no toffee icecream on offer tho but at least it's a start :(

Lets not forget that these outlets haven't (all) been closed because they are not viable, it's because the park has faced big budget cuts. Sadly something has to give, and it's the food outlets that have got the chop. Given that on top of this several rides have become SBNO, two rides have been removed, street entertainment and pirate shows have been removed, and the park is closed several weekdays this season... that just goes to show the scale of cuts this season, and also how big of an impact The Smiler crash has had on the park.

With things like Towers Loving Care going on however, it shows that there are still people working in the park that want to improve the place... there's hope, I think, but it's very hard to support a park which is such a mixed bag right now.

It goes to show the cuts are pretty big when they have also cut two shops and even sales and information have lost two outlets (mutiny bay and x sector), again a strange one as they just make money on selling fastrack! But clearly all departments have had cuts made.

Back on topic, I noticed fried chicken co had a queue right out the door on Friday afternoon, even the donuts outlet on TowersStreet was really busy during the day, and other outlets across the park are just as busy.

Maybe this is all good news. Maybe they've underestimated demand and therefore the park is actually busier that planned/budgeted for?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Did pizza pasta today and i have say it was lovely. It was fairly quiet in there so no queues and he pizzas were fresh all the time. The staff behind the counter was lovely, Sammy even gave good feedback to the box office about her! She interacted with everyone and was so nice.

They also had some actual garlic bread on offer today!

Once the Rollercoaster Restaurant is open it will obviously offer more choice and hopefully a decent meal.

Also any pictures of the new Coffee Shop in FB Please :)

So after being over excited that I find waffles again on park , imagin my disapointment when ...
eAbHO7O.jpg

£3.60 to boot !
No option for sauce, the smallest scoop of icecream I have ever come across.
Bring back Dark Forest Waffles. !
:(

Looks like it's been served in one of those regurgitation trays in hospitals...

So after being over excited that I find waffles again on park , imagin my disapointment when ...

£3.60 to boot !
No option for sauce, the smallest scoop of icecream I have ever come across.
Bring back Dark Forest Waffles. !
:(

Is that it???? looks like someones left overs, put it on their facebook page, say is this acceptable?