• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage 2014

I agree, was a sad day Mac D left the park, i remember once having a double quarter pounder with cheese at Alton Towers, had never seen one in any other Mac D at the time, must have been early 90's.

McDonald's at Towers was a fantastic eatery, with all the theming in there. The traffic lights and the cars you ate in were great fun! Just look at what we have now...

There is for most people :) I imagine a large percentage of guests are from the south.

Snacking is a good idea but walking around Towers is pretty damn tiring and you work up a bit of an appetite! Also with all the smells around the place it makes you really hungry!

there is that, and im from north tha no's so we get one derby ish. Its ok eating well at towers but if you go their on a budget. Really roothless on tight budgets. I don't get paid that much petrol plus entrance price plus food comes near 200 for the day for two of us. If we can scrimp and scrape on food. Fine by me

I've never had any major problems with the food quality on park, but I've always had a problem with the sheer cost of it!

agree, you pay the same at a services and get less quality. Its a shame really because lowering the price wont mean a dip in profit as more people would eat recon

there is that, and im from north tha no's so we get one derby ish. Its ok eating well at towers but if you go their on a budget. Really roothless on tight budgets. I don't get paid that much petrol plus entrance price plus food comes near 200 for the day for two of us. If we can scrimp and scrape on food. Fine by me

There's a Mcdonnalds at the Watford gap on the M1 which isn't a million miles away for us Southerners..

The one just past JCB on the A50... That is my MD's of choice. If you are going south, I thought everybody used the A50?

I don't find the food/drink too pricey tbh, especially with the map discount, in fact quite cheap. I was chatting to a girl behind the bar about the price of a Stella, it was just below (or just over) the £3 mark, and I exclaimed "wow," to which she replied, "yeah I know, it is expensive" and I thought she was joking - I work in MK and I'd pay that for HALF in some places.

Anyway, without digressing too much, £16 for an all you can eat (evening) world buffet is very good value; as is all the offerings, the biggest steak on the menu is something like £16 iirc. First choice is emperors though, (when it's open) and do love a good fill at flambo's still. Secret garden is ok, but I feel it pretends to be something it's not, it's not relaxed and efficient enough (like emperors) to be a restaurant and it doesn't offer the variety like flambo's to go for the buffet style dining. The new pizzeria is a great addition to the food offerings on resort and regularly go back for lunch whilst on park.

their seems to be a north/south divide. We int north a saying "how much £3 for a Stella?" etc. Yet i suppose you southeners are used to high prices. Its grim up north but its cheap

The quality and service and value is going South (along with their spend per head if this idiotic shambles continues), the expense is going North, quickly.

That, is a recipe for crap balance sheets.

I know I said this before but I predicted it when I first joined 2 seasons ago - I could see the trend then, I do have a giggle with people about "what I've done" but seriously, this isn't hard!

If they changed to a product that was more unique, (I have plenty of ideas for this, but I refuse to give them away on here), people would buy and spend MORE because PERCEIVED value is what is required!

Right now, everyone knows the food is crap, the service is crap, and the price is high, and it's getting worse - it isn't necessarily the standard it's at now that's the problem either, it's where that standard dropped from, and how extortionately more you pay for it!

It's getting disgusting.

Give me control of their catering, and a bean counter to make the sums work, and I would change that place around.

My overall feeling is, they should return to High Street brands rather than sticking with the same, low quality, high priced food.

I know at first this sounds ridiculous, but even getting places like Nando's, Frankie & Benny's and TGI's into the mix would bring up the amount of people eating in the park. If you consider it this way, if you have more brands people like, they won't bring anything with them, so they will obviously be buying drinks, snacks and things like that in the park, which still provides Towers with money but at the same time, people are eating at places which they know and like. Nando's service is very quick and cheap, you can spend £10 or even less in there and get a meal with unlimited drinks. The other 2 are quite pricey but people would be willing to pay if they trust and know the providers of the food. I'd much rather pay more money to know I'm getting something with higher quality with a high street brand than the own-branded food at Towers.

And then, if they chuck in McDonald's or KFC, people would no doubt be coming with the intentions to eat at the park's outlets, rather than bringing own food because people know the quality and price are both not reasonable.

Even if they trial it, for 1 or 2 years, at Thorpe Park or somewhere like that, do some surveys of what people prefer and the types of food oulets people enjoy going to, before they fully make a go of it, would be a start.

This is just my opinion anyway, I'm all for bringing back the old high street outlets, but mixing in some new ones like Nando's and the table service outlets.

I hear you Kydog - I agree wholeheartedly, Franchised outlets are great, gives people more choice, and provided the prices are the same as the high street then more value too (with the exception of Burger Krap which seem to vary their prices depending where they are - though the poor quality of their burgers is pretty consistent).

Bring back Maccy'D!!!!! Bacon n egg McMuffin in the mornings, nom ruddy nom

If you got rid of Pizza Pasta I would have to have you killed.

I would bring in Pixie-Discounts! A much cheaper all you can eat because pixies are only tiny and can't eat that much anyway, and it makes us look great!! ;)

I don't agree with franchising the restaurants out either, talking of the other posts, I can see the points, but I think solid fast food they've shown they're incapable of doing well - but restaurants are easier to get right with a good chef, and a decent menu crafted. Doing fast food well is hard, they're trying to roll out a "brand". It's different when it's one little bespoke shop, like a chippy, or particular cuisine, but to try and do it in a way you can roll out a standard that's equal or better than the giants is just idiotic. Let them make you the cash for doing nothing, and focus your attention then on more bespoke restaurants and experiences on park.

Make a high quality fast food dining experience, ala, BurGR but you've got to care about the quality to do that.