• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage 2014

Fine! Your burger and whatever that lame excuse for chips were looked nice anyway. :p

So I arrived at the park yesterday and went to the Splash shop to buy an Appletiser as I do on most visits. I was shocked to see that the price had risen for £1.20 to £1.50 in the course of a couple of months! That's a price increase of 25%. Madness! It was only a few years ago you could get a can for 90p. Thankfully I did not pay for anything else at the park for the rest of my visit.

In better news, if it's not alrealy been mentioned here there is a new burger at the Burget Kitchen which is good to see.

:)

Does anyone use the food vouchers from the main AT website?

Quite honestly, I had no idea they existed, but yes, they do seem good value and would definitely use them if I didn't have a MAP.

Obviously only of you were with your family, or the correct number of people / correct adult-child ratio. Personally, Even if BK offered two means for £5, I'd still rather go to pizza pasta.

Went the pasta and pizza buffet on Saturday food was fine, not very cheap but ok, the toilet was disgusting and the cutlery was dirty and wet, that's all !

So guys i'm off to Scarefest with my daughter on Friday for a 2 night stay at AT (Choo Choo as the Runaway Mine-Train operator would say!) and i can't wait! :D

Just a quickie, we've not been to AT since Fireworks in 2012 and we really loved eating at Flambo's in Splash when we were there. I was wondering has anyone eaten in Flambo's these past few weeks? If so what's your general view on the food as i heard that it has gone downhill a little which would be a shame?

Thanks all!

Ate there not so long ago and the food is pretty good. Obviously go very hungry all day so you make the most of the £19.95 buffet!!! But overall, i've not had bad food in there.

Ate there not so long ago and the food is pretty good. Obviously go very hungry all day so you make the most of the £19.95 buffet!!! But overall, i've not had bad food in there.

Ignore Gary @nikfonso, he's gone soft, think he's been paid off by Merlin or has been hypnotised or something ;)

:D

Oi Oi Oi - nothing wrong with Flambos!!! Like I said, never had bad food in there and there's a decent choice. Whether its worth the price tag is another thing, but this is alton towers dont forget! :p

I have also never had bad food at Flambo's, but it was 2012 when we last ate there, the goat curry was excellent. £19.95 does feel expensive, but for a three course meal that isn't too bad (especially compared to London), plus annual pass discount makes a difference.

Oh yes the goat curry, very nice indeed that was! They were still doing it last year.

I ate there a few months back and it was fine, the curry's they do were nice. Chocolate fountain for desert. Its a bit steep yeah, depends how much you eat, and if you have an AP of course ;)

Flambos is hit n miss, I try and avoid it where possible these days.

Pizza in Margs was not to bad when I stopped last time, and they seemed to be reasonably priced as well.

Ian

Cheers for the feedback guys. I've just bought an AP (i'll be picking it up at AT) so that'll save me a few quid.

Can't wait. :)