• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Food & Beverage 2018

The scrapping of ADD is due to reasons that I believe will become apparent soon. Also, it was sometimes abused.

Personally, i felt it was a rip off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They are renting out space on the edge of the lawn to mobile food trucks. :D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

What time do food outlets open at Towers currently? One thing I noticed PortAventura (in Salou) does on some days, they open all food outlets from 12-1pm, only the entrance area has food on offer in the morning. Something Towers could do, possibly?

Or more likely Towers will go the way of only opening certain food outlets during peak periods and having only one/two restaurants open all year round.

Alton Towers, the multi day resort experience, perfect for the anorexic on the go :rolleyes:

or maybe they are just concerned about our ever expanding waists lines :confused:

I suspect it's staring us in the face why All Day Dining is to be scrapped, and that'll be down to the inability to dine all day. I can envision the restaurants such as RCR and Woodcutters opening at 12, as well as select outlets such as Mutiny Bay.

What time do food outlets open at Towers currently? One thing I noticed PortAventura (in Salou) does on some days, they open all food outlets from 12-1pm, only the entrance area has food on offer in the morning. Something Towers could do, possibly?

Or more likely Towers will go the way of only opening certain food outlets during peak periods and having only one/two restaurants open all year round.
Most at Alton don't open till at least 11am.

:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well, let's hope ADD is being binned off because the park have decided to stay open until later into the evening most days next season and that as a result it would no longer be profitable to offer an ADD option!

Meanwhile, at 4PM in the real world.....

Woodcutters and RCR will be the only food options this year. Woodcutters will be have one big delivery at the beginning of the season and expected to go until Scarefest without any more deliveries. RCR will be open from 3:30pm to 7pm but only for Hotel guests who pay the extra £10 booking fee for a meal. All hotel restaurants will be closed.

There were some pretty good options in around 2010-2012 or so, I think (roast chicken dinners at Towers Family Restaurant, fajitas with wedges at Mexican Cantina, Spinball Noodles' brief existence etc.), but the common theme has been that anything worth eating one season is gone the next. Now of course this has reached the stage where we're stuck with utterly rubbish choice, and with no F&B discount on Towers season passes, when my ATAP runs out I think I'll take my own lunch in rather than paying the full price for the mediocrity available.

With no F&B discount on Towers season passes, when my ATAP runs out I think I'll take my own lunch in rather than paying the full price for the mediocrity available.

We're all good for F&B discount until our ATAP runs out though? Only just thought about that. Hope the staff don't get confused about passes purchased months ago and the new one for next season.......