• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

EmVMnBQW8AA6jh8

STOP THE COUNT!!

That's got to be the tightest the premier league has been at this point in years. It's crazy to see how badly Sheffield and Burnley are doing right now. Great start for Leicester though!

Today is the day that Wrexham will vote on its ownership takeover by Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds after the most surreal zoom call with the fans yesterday.

FB-IMG-1604919892326.jpg

Hopefully we can join you in a Premiership title race in at least 5 years time :D Unless everyone has buggered off to a European Superleague we're not invited to by then.

Liverpools first choice back four and henderson are all injured as well as Salah having Covid

tough few weeks for them

In case anyone's interested, the first episode of a new weekly 4-part series following UFEA referees, called Man In The Middle, has dropped on UEFA TV today! :)
(It's FREE too!)
https://www.uefa.tv/

Last edited:
20201123_090021.jpg.b3f8739c2a3b0a1518c31f44a8d72b0a.jpg
20201123_090014.jpg.327e9069cf3533a47e6e761cce98083a.jpg

20201123_090016.jpg.a802eddc58bed47365d609e2a9c2047e.jpg

Here are the leaked expansion plans for Leicester's King Power Stadium, said to cost nearly double what our new training ground has cost! Crazy to think a club that was in league one just over 10 years ago can afford to spend nigh on 300m on infrastructure, so lucky to be my local club.

Looks good, only been once for a league Cup game the other year.

What will that up the stadium capacity to?

KSS seem to excel at this sort of thing they designed the recent main stand expansion at Anfield and new training facility at Kirkby. Plus the design for the Anfield Road end expansion.

The above concepts are at least a couple of years old and designs may well have changed since they were produced, but they give a very good idea of plans for King Power Stadium. I believe something like that would take capacity to around 42,000. Although there are currently rumours that a capacity of 48,000 is being looked at.

KSS have also designed our new training ground which is almost complete and makes Liverpool's new one look a tad shabby, even if I do say so myself! Drove past the entrance yesterday and it has a real wow factor!

Looks good, only been once for a league Cup game the other year.

What will that up the stadium capacity to?

KSS seem to excel at this sort of thing they designed the recent main stand expansion at Anfield and new training facility at Kirkby. Plus the design for the Anfield Road end expansion.

there was talk on foxestalk forum it was to be 48,000 but I can’t see that from those images. More likely In the 42,000 region (10,000 additional seats). It’s also a complete demolition of the current east stand due to not having foundations to support an expansion of this scale, so that’s why I’d image the cost is so high.

Liverpool had planned to start work on the Anfield Road End this season but delayed it due to the pandemic. Personally I thought they've missed a trick now as due to the restrictions on fans now they could've cracked on faster now as they wouldn't be worried about reducing the capacity.

Real Madrid are currently playing in their B teams ground whilst the Bernabeu is renovated for instance.

Looking very open at the top this season.

Liverpool, Man City, Tottenham, Chelsea and Leicester all genuine contenders.

What we like to see.

Last edited:
Looking forward to our game today VS Fulham, expecting a win... which almost feels snobby, but if we are going to become a top team season after season like we aim to, then we have to be beating mid/lower table teams frequently. My worry is two of our 3 PL loses this season have been against West Ham and Villa, teams who on paper we should be beating, we just need to find a consistent way to break teams down with 11 behind the ball too.

Might as well make this the Leicester Thread the way I’m going with it, but could not help myself sharing this
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.lcfc.com/news/amp/1950005
Leicester city have announced their new 100m training ground and move in Christmas Eve for the first session.
LC9392-012.JPG
LC9392-020.JPG
LC9392-056.JPG
I've just been reading an article on that now. I might not be a Leicester City fan, but even I can't get over just how incredible that new facility looks! :)