• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

From the outside the relegation battle is bonkers, two points separate the bottom seven! I can only dream of the title race being so tight.

Oh wow, biggest upset in the history of the Scottish Cup tonight! Top flight Aberdeen lose to Darvel, a team from a town of less than 4,000 people in the 6th tier of Scottish football is hilarious.

To give you an English comparison for all the southerners (that includes the North of England too from where I am), It's like Everton losing to a team from Sunday league in terms of how big an upset it is. Honestly, please follow the lower leagues of Scottish football, far better than the two horse race in the top flight, as you can get some pretty crazy results there with teams that deserved to get noticed.

Last edited:
THAT'S why we can't let our national sport be destroyed by the top teams making their billion pound owners ever richer and setting up closed off "competitions" only for billion pound clubs.
Actually until 2013, the Scottish football league was actually a closed shop for well over a hundred years in which you never had teams making the jump from either the Highland or Lowland leagues, the English leagues had long fixed this problem from thr 1970's which tells you how backwards the Scottish league was with many teams in the lower leagues just wheezing along without the threat of relagation from the Scottish league.

Thankfully the introduction of the system has been a major improvement in which you are not only seeing new teams take their place but all have major ambitions to do well and those who have gone up have done far better than those teams who have deservedly gone down. Many more teams you must keep a look out on, only criticism is that many of these teams should have all gone up decades ago but alas better late than never.

Darvel are an example of a team that have ambition who want to reach the promotion so I'd keep an eye on more teams in the lowland and Highland leagues for sure.

Charges against Greenwood have been dropped - Im not sure he will play for united again though

Wherever he goes he will get abuse and chants directed at him, the club won't be able to stop it

But if they get rid, it is also tricky because as @Jb85 said, in the eyes of the law he isn't guilty

I'm not sure he'll play for Manchester United again, but there will be clubs more than happy to pick him up. Plenty of players who have been convicted for crimes have gone back in to football, and Greenwood has not been convicted.

Clearly fame and money at a young age got to him and he did some bad things. He'll now live with that for the rest of his life. And if I ever see him playing again you can be sure he'll be getting plenty of stick from me!

Man City have been hit with over 100 charges for various financial reasons. This might not be good for them!

Worst case scenario is they get expelled from the PL, but hopefully that won't happen (no football fan ever wants to see that happen to any club). A fine or points deduction is more likely in my opinion.

In over news, Sheff Wed have gone top of League 1 after beating Plymouth! We've got Ipswich away on Saturday, need to beat them to keep them away from us.

Worst case scenario is they get expelled from the PL, but hopefully that won't happen (no football fan ever wants to see that happen to any club). A fine or points deduction is more likely in my opinion.
If the charges are to be proven then I'd have no complaints if they were relegated from the Premier League, either because they're kicked out or given a massive points deduction. You can't just go on breaking rules for such a long period of time.

Of course, Manchester City deny all charges and will be lining up the best lawyers for their defence, just as they did for their successful appeal at CAS when UEFA banned them from the Champions League for 2 years.

This won't be going away quickly - they will appeal and im 100% sure it'll get to the CAS before anything is announced

Man City have been hit with over 100 charges for various financial reasons. This might not be good for them!

Worst case scenario is they get expelled from the PL, but hopefully that won't happen (no football fan ever wants to see that happen to any club).
I imagine quite a few United fans might disagree with you.

I see a points deduction of 5 points for each season. Or enough to stop champions league qualification

It be appealed, and end up being three points.

Really want expulsion for them. Imagine the Prem without them. 👏🏻

Right now, I take pleasure in seeing arsenal constantly ahead of them…not that I support the Gunners.

Fascinating extract from the Wikipedia page for Leeds City FC.

"Following the conclusion of the war a scandal ensued and the club was accused of financial irregularities, including breaking the ban on paying players during the war, that led to the club's dissolution in 1919. They were expelled from The Football League eight games into the 1919–20 season. The harsh punishment was handed down mostly because of the behaviour of the club's directors, who refused to co-operate in an FA inquiry, and refused to hand over the club's financial records."

So, the precedent is set. You heard it first...get ready for the founding of Manchester Rovers.