• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Two really good games of football last night. They were both exciting and fast pace. :)

That goal from the Polish captain was utterly amazing. I think thats goal of the euros sorted already, but we'll just have to see. ;)

Just a shame about the trouble before the match between the Poland and Russia fans. :-\

Predictions for today.

Denmark 1-2 Portugal (Denmark to be overconfident and let a goal slip, they recover before the break but Portugal dominate the second half).

Netherlands 2-1 Germany (Holland to bounce back, Germany lost their last second group game in the WC so more of a wildcard choice).

Forgot to add my prediction. Anyway, here we go. ;)

Denmark 1 - 1 Portugal

Denmark will be confident from the last match and I think they'll score an early goal. From then it'll be very cagey, but in the last few minutes I think Portugal will score.

Holland 1 - 1 Germany

Very even match. Germany to score first with Holland to score soon after. But I think both keepers will put in a good performance and keep it at 1 - 1.

:)

Predictions for tonight:

Denmark 1-2 Portugal - (I feel Portugal will be the dominant force, but Denmark will no doubt go without a fight.)

Holland 2-3 Germany (Both teams are strong, and it'll be a tough game. But I think Germany will just manage to capture the win.)

What I hope will happen:

Denmark 3 Portugal 0

Holland 6 Germany 1

What I think will happen:

Denmark 2 Portugal 2

Holland 1 Germany 0

Want Holland and Denmark to win as it'll be funny to see the teams who qualify already. Also hope that Germany don't make it through, don't want to face them in the knockout stages :p

Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed Chelsea manager on a two year deal.

RyanYoxall said:
I think thats the right move for Chelsea, he won two cups for them! :)

I wish him good luck. ;)

I also wish him good luck, he's gonna need it. Under perform for even a portion of the season and I can see Roman wielding his famous axe.

I could see it coming and I'm glad it happened, I would of given Di Matteo a chance and then gone to Pep anyway. I see Di Matteo as a bargain hunter due to his previous lack of resources so I can't wait until he makes his mark on the team. I think he'll (finally) reduce the average age and make solid positions with players now going such as Kalou and Drogba. I wish him all the best of luck.

Both games today are crackers!

Well, Holland can just about still make it, if they beat Portugal by two goals, and Germany beat Denmark.

First "new kit" post on TST is Everton's new nike kits, and unlike all Nike kits this season apart from Arsenal's and Barcelona's, I like both of them:

Home Kit:
2012homekit.jpg

Away Kit:
Everton-black-nike-away-jersey.jpg

Both kits are great, but I love the away one, possibly the best Everton away kit I've seem for ages, although all our recent ones have all been gash anyway. ;D

Breaking new, Harry Redknapp is set to leave Tottenham Hotspur after nearly four years in charge. This is according to Sky Sports News so chances are it is true. Must say I'm shocked by this as he was doing such a fantastic job there.

:)

I am shocked, but Levy wanted Champions League football. And Harry has had lucrative Eastern offers. I'd say Pep would be spoken to for a replacement, but it sure will be hard. Watch some of their stars go now.

looks like Moyes is on his way to Spurs, be interesting to see who Everton line up to replace him. Certainly makes me glad we acted quickly and brough Brendan Rodgers in before this whole merry go round was able to start properly

Stelios said:
I could see it coming and I'm glad it happened, I would of given Di Matteo a chance and then gone to Pep anyway. I see Di Matteo as a bargain hunter due to his previous lack of resources so I can't wait until he makes his mark on the team. I think he'll (finally) reduce the average age and make solid positions with players now going such as Kalou and Drogba. I wish him all the best of luck.

Both games today are crackers!

I have a sneaking suspicion that Di Matteo has been given only a 2 year contract because Roman intends to go for Guardiola after his "sabbatical" next season, and therefore he would only have a relatively low pay settlement to get rid of RDM. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope RDM proves him wrong by winning more trophies next season!

How did we bot get a point tonight I know Germany played well but always look on the bright side we can still get through the group :'(

John_P said:
looks like Moyes is on his way to Spurs, be interesting to see who Everton line up to replace him

Well Levy, feel free to make him any offers. ;D

If Moyes did leave, I'd like Nigel Adkins as our new manager, failing that then Martinez would be a decent appointment.