• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

If Moyes leaves for Totenham then I cannot see Everton getting in the top half of the table next season, Moyes did so well with so little money and his team always put in 100% for him. And honestly I can't think of another manager who would do so well under the circumstances at Everon.

Although I could be wrong and if Everton got a new manager then he could work wonders at Everton. ;)

Is there any news of where Redknapp is intending to go? Do you think we'll see him at another EPL club in the future?

I also think that Di Matteo's 2 year contract is for Pep to then arrive and I do think that Chelsea also don't want to risk too long contracts now anyway due to large payouts.

I would be surprised to see Moyes for Spurs but I'm sure if he brings in Fellani, Jelavic and Jagielka then he'll do just fine. I'm a bit worried for Everton to get lower than 7th this season though, if it happens and whoever they appoint. I can't see them doing well settling in the first season at Everton, with many players wanting to leave due to Moyes going. I wouldn't be surprised to see Neville finally go to Spurs/Retire.

SLC said:
Is there any news of where Redknapp is intending to go? Do you think we'll see him at another EPL club in the future?

Pfft, If you think Redknapp's going anywhere but China or the Middle East where he'll get paid loads of money, you don't know Harry Redknapp.

Stelios said:
with many players wanting to leave due to Moyes going

Pretty sure they'd be glad to see the back of him, and I don't blame them. They want to win things and play European football and that just won't happen with Moyes.

RyanYoxall said:
And honestly I can't think of another manager who would do so well under the circumstances at Everon.

How about someone that, unlike Moyes, has ambition. Like Nigel Adkins.

How about someone that, unlike Moyes, has the balls to ask that tight git Kenwright for some money. Like Nigel Adkins.

How about someone that, unlike Moyes, won't at half time (when his team are winning 1-0 and have clearly been the better team for the first half in the FA Cup semi final against our biggest rivals) decide to tell his players to just sit back and hold on to a 1-0 lead. Like Nigel Adkins.

Have I made my point?

Moyes out. Adkins in. Plus Adkins is a Scouser.

:)

Predictions

Italy 2-1 Croatia (A cracking end to end tie with Croatia being robbed by a late Italy strike).

Spain 3-0 Ireland (Ireland to defend well in the first half but to fall apart when strikers come on, Navas and Fabregas to score.)

Spain 3 - 1 Ireland

Spain are a world class team and will dominate, but I think Ireland might score.

Italy 2 - 0 Croatia

Italy will dominate the first half but I think the second half will be boring.

Well I'm just about to settle down and watch the Ireland game. I'd love Ireland to win and for St Ledger to play well (he is a Leicester player after all! :p) but I fear for them. In theory it should be an easy win for Spain. Still, should be good entertainment whatever the result.

:)

Ireland showed promise in the first half but the early goal seems to diminish then to only make a surge later on. If they keep trying they may crack at the Spain defense as they become more attacking. 4/10 chance that they'll get a point at least, a win is very unlikely now.

Yea we were completely out classed by the world champs. Their quality really showed last night. As a nation we get caught up in the fairytale of these competitions and forget that we're a nation of only 4million. We don't have the players to choose from like many of the other countries, we need to accept we'll never be at a standard high enough to compete at these levels.

Football has evolved in mainland Europe so much in the last 10 years yet there's been very little progression in football here at home, especially at youth levels.

The best thing that could be said about last night were the fans, it was reminiscent of the scene from Titanic when the band kept playing to the bitter end. Damn proud of the fans!

Ireland have always have had good fans and always will do. At least Ireland have achieved the goal of qualifying, they can go out knowing that they tried but they got the (bad) luck of the draw.

Will post predictions later when I get rough team line-ups.

Not expecting much for Ukraine tonight, or against England as I can't see them coping against an inevitably fired up Wayne Rooney.

Likely 2 games left for Sheva to get his 49th and 50th goals for Ukraine in what will probably be his last at international level.

France 3 - Ukraine 1 = Can see this being a lively open game, with the French proving too strong for Ukraine

Sweden 0 - England 2 = Can't see anything other than an England win here even tho they don't like playing against Sweden. It could really be 3 or 4 if England click on the night.

I agree Adz, I think it's a bit premature for him to tackle the Premier League. Seems more Championship Quality to me.

France 3-1 Ukraine (After Ukraine impress the first half, France's strong bench begin just before half time and after to dominate the game with 3 spaced out goals. Ribery, Benzema and Ben Arfa to score ).

Game to re-kickoff at 6. So I think that this will tamper the football so a boring game with a early Ukraine goal where French counter to steal victory late on. 2-1 France.

Also, I've just found out via Twitter that the Sweden-England match will now apparently be kicking off at 8pm, thanks to the delay in Donetsk - which is back on.

Cabaye is such a class act.

£4.3m FTW.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk