• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

My reaction to the posts since my last :D

I mean, huh, does it REALLY mean so little to play for England if you're a Liverpool player? Do all Liverpool fans have a sense of entitlement that their poor babies should never show desire to play for their own country? Everything Blaze has said is absolutely flummoxing to me, even as someone who thinks England are bloody naff (but because of a lack of focus on the future, playing the same old players again is not testament to a decent future)...

Doesn't like flags yet approves of the Kop ones? Are the Kop the only 'true' football fans in existance? Jesus this topic makes my head hurt... Least there's not a sense of "the owners are rubbish and if Kenny was in charge we'd be top" (as I've seen on another board, which is hysterical)...

It should be the goal of all players to play for your country, cos you get to prove yourself to the world how good (or decidely average) you are... Evidently only supporting Palace must be the reason I was so proud to see a youth product who'd been at the club since 11 get a cap, whether it was for the right reasons or because of injuries... It was still a moment for the player, his club and it's fans to get behind... And it proved that football still has a soul there sometimes...

Not to say that there isn't a problem with football, cos there is, but fortunately, I couldn't care less if Liverpool and their fans buggered off to be self-entitled elsewhere... I'll stick with Palace and England/Ireland/Malta please...

Benzin said:
Not to say that there isn't a problem with football, cos there is, but fortunately, I couldn't care less if Liverpool and their fans buggered off to be self-entitled elsewhere... I'll stick with Palace and England/Ireland/North Korea please...

Fixed it for you.

hobohippie95 said:
Benzin said:
Not to say that there isn't a problem with football, cos there is, but fortunately, I couldn't care less if Liverpool and their fans buggered off to be self-entitled elsewhere... I'll stick with Palace and England/Ireland/North Korea please...

Fixed it for you.

I must ask was that really necessary?

Eddie said:
hobohippie95 said:
Benzin said:

Fixed it for you.

yes, North Korea are unbeatable when everyone plays by the rules.

hobohippie95 said:
Eddie said:

You do realise Benzin probably put Malta because he's probably got some Maltese in Him, he's not saying it as a joke ::)

Eddie said:
hobohippie95 said:
Eddie said:

You do realise Benzin probably put Malta because he's probably got some Maltese in Him, he's not saying it as a joke ::)

Malta, the sleeping giant of European Internationals 8)

Blaze said:
How do you define a good atmosphere? Is there a stat for that now as well? My idea of an atmosphere is one that's loud and passionate that intimidates the opposition and messes with their heads. The sort of atmosphere that made Real Madrid flap at Anfield and get beat 4-1. It can't be 'defined'. Original songs. Not prefab songs where you insert your team's nickname "Oh when the xx go marching in...", not songs about teams you aren't playing "feed the Scousers" or whatever United fans sing these days, not another song to the tune of the terrible "he scores when he wants/you know what you are".

I definitely heard some chanting of "oh when the reds go marching in" during the West Ham vs Liverpool match today, just thought I'd point that one out...

:)

What's your point? I didn't say we didn't do it. You expect me to defend embarrassing behaviour because it was done by Liverpool fans? It's even worse when our 'fans' sing crap like "You're not singing any more" like they did today. Modern football is unbearably cringey and it makes me sick.

Just that you were implying that Liverpool create the best atmosphere and so on, so just thought I'd point that one out as it was going against what you were implying. I still laugh that you call it embarrassing behaviour though!

I wasn't implying anything. We've got some of the worst 'fans' in the world. How is it not embarrassing to sing "you're not singing any more", use stock chants or have crap flags?

Blaze said:
I wasn't implying anything. We've got some of the worst 'fans' in the world. How is it not embarrassing to sing "you're not singing any more", use stock chants or have crap flags?

Ah, I see. Supporter's passion is now decided by flag quality. :-\

The Psychoaster said:
Blaze said:

Ah, I see. Supporter's passion is now decided by flag quality. :-\
Yes. If you need to be given mass produced plastic flags, you're not a fan. If you simply write your club's initials on an England flag, you're not a fan. You're lazy. People who actually think up and make unique, proper flags and banners are doing it right.

So to be a football fan you've got to make unique eye catching flags and compose lyrics for original songs to sing that have never been done before in the footballing world. My god, in that case there aren't many football fans in the world are there. ::)

Believe it or not Blaze, there are many different types of football fans. There are those that you describe, and that's great. But not everyone is or can be like that. I am a massive football fan and have been a Leicester season ticket holder for 9 years now, and I go to countless away games each season. I rarely join in with the singing though unless the adrenaline is really pumping, as I'm not that type of person. Does that mean I'm not a fan? Heck no. I'm as passionate as any fan, I just show it in a different way.

Talking as a collective, yes. Obviously not every fan is going to come up with something, but if the best a crowd can do is "Oh when the reds/blues/saints..." or "BOOOOOOOOOO" then they're pretty poor.

Great game today, the comeback made sweeter by the fact we should've had two penalties. Seriously, are refs conspiring against Everton this season? This is about the 10th time a ref's tried to con us. :p

Blaze said:
It's cancelled out by linesmen 'conspiring' in your favour.

That's only happened once this season, compared to the numerous times we've been cheated by officials.

What makes 'oh when the...' or 'you're not singing' or 'your grounds too big for you' unoriginal anyway? Thats similar to me saying something like 'You've been singing 'you'll never walk alone' for decades now, how boring and bland to do that every week...'

I believe that any song sung by a large group of fans creates atmosphere. Would you rather grounds were silent? Or that clubs could only have one song sung for 90 minutes? In fact, why don't we go back to the days of black and white television where every fan waves hats and those wooden clacker board things...

I do not understand your problem at all Blaze if I'm honest.

---------------------

Anyway, on a more positive note: Norwich now have the longest unbeaten run in the Premier League :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.