• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Tuggerz said:
I couldn't care less about the wage, What I could care about is the fact that it's a job.

I couldn't work into work, bite someone and get away with a 3 shift ban.
You can't punch people at work but you can in boxing. The comparison is irrelevant.

10 match ban is ridiculous. The normal ban is 3 games. Did Suarez bite three times as hard? What they've said there, is a bite that left no mark, that he apologised for is a worse offence than racial abuse.

Breaking someone leg (red card)= 3 match's
Racial abuse= 8 match's
Biting=10 match's
Next pulling hair= 12 match's
I don't get football anymore

Doesn't the fact that it isn't the first time come into play somewhere? If he didn't learn the first time then his punishment should be more severe than the first time he did it. It's not acceptable anywhere and saying sorry for doing something wrong can't immediately let you off the hook. Especially if he has already bitten a player once before as it gets a little meaningless. He should grow up really (the same can be said for many other players though).

Yes, but more than three times the standard ban?

More games than he and Terry got for racial abuse?

It's mental.

The first ban he got was 7 games for biting someone. He's done it again. The ban therefore has to be more than 7 games, regardless of other incidents.

7 games in Holland. The rule here is three. Even taking into account he's done it before two years ago, there's no way they can justify a ban two games longer than what he got for racism.

Suarez would have got less of a ban if he broke his leg and ended his career like Roy Keane.

Blaze said:
You can't punch people at work but you can in boxing. The comparison is irrelevant.

Thing is in boxing, You're meant to be throwing punches.

In football, you're meant to be kicking a ball around a pitch, not biting someone's arm.

The comparison is very much valid. So long as I'm correct in my understanding that Football is about what I think it is and not acting like a rabid animal.

Blaze said:
Suarez would have got less of a ban if he broke his leg and ended his career like Roy Keane.

Roy Keane, a man so hard he can hit a guy in one knee and force him to retire years later due to an injury in the other one.

I'm still getting over Liverpool fans claiming Evra pretending to bite a plastic arm was disrespectful to the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing, the reaction to this isn't even the cherry but another layer of chocolate icing on the delusion cake.

Considering he never managed to play a full match again, I'd say his tackle was responsible for the end of his career.

I'm sorry, but how is thinking a 10 game ban for a bite up there with thinking the arm thing was disrespectful to Boston (which I've not even seen anyone do. Well, once but ironically)?

Blaze said:
Considering he never managed to play a full match again, I'd say his tackle was responsible for the end of his career.

He played 113 minutes of football for country/club in the week after (according to you) having his leg broken and his career ended.

He lasted 45 minutes and 68 minutes.

Don't know about you, but if my car worked perfectly until someone crashed into it on purpose, then spent the next year only able to make it half way to work before giving out entirely, I'd blame the crash.

So, was Alf-Inge Haaland's incredible instant-healing bones the inspiration for the cheerleader in Heroes or were you just talking out of your backside when saying he had his leg broken?

At the end of the day, the FA have sent out a clear message that Biting is wrong. Kids will see him been banned for 10 matches and know it is wrong to do.

Lessons have been learned, and the punishment dealt quickly.

Ian

Hahahaha, so kids only know biting is wrong because a footballer got a ban for it? Why do we need parents these days, we can just have our kids learn right from wrong from FA disciplinary hearings.

Oh dear, talk about missing the point and taking things out of context. I did not realise we were talking about how parents should bring up their children.

Young kids see football players as role models, and will copy them. Yes, good parenting will stop their children from biting other children, but it does not make parents life any easier when there children see a player they idolise biting other people, and getting away with it.

In the context of football, the FA have done the right thing, they have sent out a clear message it is not acceptable, and anyone who tries to argue otherwise is trying to defend biting other people.

Ian

If kids are biting each other because they saw Suarez do it then I'm expecting kids to start scoring 30 goals a season. Jesus.

Kids bite each other all the time. Suarez will have no impact on kids biting each other. Any kid old enough to take in what happened will have already been taut in school and by parents that it's bad. Or you'd hope.

Sorry Blaze, but I think you're digging a bit of a hole for yourself here.

10 game ban is sufficient enough tbh, anything less than 7 for a repeated offense like this would have been wrong.