• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned in here yet. Suarez bits a fellow professional, apologies and accepts FA charge of violent conduct, then says what he did is not worth more than a 3 game ban. I'm still laughing!! I expect he will get a ban that will run over into the start of next season, such a ban is what he deserves for being such a vile person!

:)

He deserves the three game ban such incidents get. He was stupid and made himself and the club look stupid.

But it was proper hilarious.

Biting someone is worth more than a 3 game ban! Poor tackles get 3 game bans but tackling is a part of the game. Biting has no place in football!

It was hilarious though, I couldn't quite believe it when I first heard!

The only job in the world where you can bite someone, and not get sacked.

Its what is wrong with football today. I would not be surprised if Liverpool sold him soon, how many chances can one player have?

Anything less than a 7 match ban, and the FA are going to come out of this looking poorly.

The fact he scored a goal in the last minute, and cost Chelsea 2 points adds insult to injury. The sad thing is, the other Liverpool players look bad, for supporting him at the end, the Manager looks bad for not bringing him off after it happened, the club looks bad. The press conferences afterwards were equally as damaging as the manager did not know what to say, and came out looking like a bit of an idiot.

Ian

The most concerning part is that he's done it before, that is the sign of somehow who has a serious anger management problem.

I personally can't stand the sight of Suarez anymore, how many chances can he have? Liverpool representatives can't afford to keep defending him whenever he does something wrong, in fact they just look stupid when they do. Personally, I think the t-shirts that they wore against Wigan after the Evra racism case didn't do the club any favours as Suarez probably thought, 'Oh, no matter what I do, LFC will defend me.'

Balotelli had chance after chance and eventually his time was up and this was minor stuff compared to Suarez so I wonder if this may be the same for Suarez, let him be someone else's problem. However bare in mind, the latter is imperative to LFC, the former was not to City.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, even more so because I heard (though not sure if this is true) that the votes for player of the year were cast before this incident, so it would be highly embarrassing for everyone if he was announced the winner.

Theoretically as he served 7 games for the first bite, for a second bite, it has to be significantly more, we shall see what the FA do.

What I wonder though, if I racially abused and/or bit another colleague at work, would I still be in a job? No.

-----

On the other hand, number 20 felt absolutely beautiful last night! Whilst I admit this squad is not as strong as 2008 nor 1999, it's still a fantastic squad! Whilst is doesn't quite have the flair, it's efficient. Lots of people saying that it's 'the best of a bad bunch' in terms of the Prem. You can only beat what's infront of you and we weren't exactly struggling against Madrid before, we were in control before that farce of a red for Nani.

Looking forward to next season though. Kagawa looks settled now so should come back much stronger next season as he is a delight to watch. Hoping that Jones cements his place in the side and Powell gets more opportunities.

Right, as anyone who reads this topic often will know, I don't like Suarez. But i honestly don't think he deserves a ban. Hear me out before you judge. :p

Firstly, he apologised, Ivanovic ackowledged that, and Liverpool fined him.

Secondly, it's not like Ivanovic had to retire because of it, or that there was blood streaming down his arm. It was a little bite, not a reckless challenge a la Aguero on Luiz in the semi final or that Shawcross shocker on Ramsey a few years ago.

Thirdly, Defoe bit Mascherano a while back, didn't get banned at all.

Finally, Suarez being banned for the remainder of the season will punished the club and it's fans more than it will Suarez himself. Any large chance of LFC fans seeing their team finish in 6th place, above their city rivals, has pretty much gone because of one player's brief moment of madness. By all means fine him, but don't punish the fans for what Suarez did.

PS

Massive respect to him for requesting the money from his fine went to the Hillsborough FSG.

I disagree completely. There is no place for biting a fellow professional in football. I think the reason Defoe didn't get banned was because the referee saw the incident and deemed a yellow card as sufficient. Therefore the FA had no reason to intervene. However in the Suarez case the referee did not see the incident meaning that the FA were able to review it. I think that's how the rules work, although I don't think it's the best way to do things.

If Liverpool suffer as a result of what Suarez did then tough. He's their player and he represents Liverpool Football Club. If you take the stance that he shouldn't get banned as it effects the club and then fans then you could say the same thing every time a player gets sent off. It's never fair on the fans, but it is football. What Suarez did was vile and totally wrong. If you bit someone in the street you could be done for assault. If you did it at work you'd get sacked. A big ban is in order I'm afraid.

I'm not a 'huge' football fan, I casually support Swindon Town (Home Team).

But this Saurez Story caught my attention.

First and foremost, If somebody in ANY other workplace bit another colleague or 'customer/guest/whateveryoucallthem they would be immediately sacked for misconduct. It's damn horrifying to see it happen or even hear about it. It sends shivers down your spine.

Secondly it's likely categorised under GBH in some circumstances, I'm unsure of how much damage he did to Ivanovic, but no matter the damage, he should be facing the same charges any other person would, in any other job.

To me it makes no difference whether he's a good striker or not. I bring you back to my original point, In any other workplace, even if you were a good worker, you would get the sack, Despite an apology.

That's my understanding and reasoning. I personally see no reason to why he shouldn't be banned.
All's fair in love and war though I suppose.

He requires a six month ban at the very least. Pathetic excuse for a professional. Get him out of England.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Rob said:
If you did it at work you'd get sacked.

Well there you go then. If you did this at a normal job, it would be up to your employers as to what would happen. His employer has taken action on him in the form of a fine. That's my honest views on the matter. At first I was in the 'How awful! The FA should ban him for ages' camp, but I've thought about it, and decided it should be up to his club, not the FA, as to what punishment he receives. :)

I don't understand how anyone can play down the incident by saying 'It's just a little bite', I just can't understand that logic. There is absolutely no place for it! I played football a lot at Uni and occasionally at home and I get quite into it and yes very frustrated at times, but never have I had the urge to bite anyone and I think I speak for 99% of people out there.

And his ban impacting LFC is a poor reason for him not to receive a ban. I's a team game, if he was injured it would have the same effect on LFC, that's why you have a strength in depth.

"If you did it at a normal job..."

Oh here we go, just go compare footballer's wages with soldier's wages while you're at it.

It's a physical, contact sport, not an office.

It's weird, some people are acting more offended by this than they did during the racism thing.

He deserves a three game ban. Simple as that. But it was still hilarious.

Adam said:
Rob said:
If you did it at work you'd get sacked.

Well there you go then. If you did this at a normal job, it would be up to your employers as to what would happen. His employer has taken action on him in the form of a fine. That's my honest views on the matter. At first I was in the 'How awful! The FA should ban him for ages' camp, but I've thought about it, and decided it should be up to his club, not the FA, as to what punishment he receives. :)

If you argue that, then you must also think that discipline in football should be decided completely by the club a player represents. It's a ridiculous argument I'm afraid. If he'd bitten a team mate in training then I would agree, the club should decide what action to take. But he did in in a football match. Football in this country is governed by the FA. He decided to bite an opposition player. The FA therefore have had to act. And a big ban is required.

I think the worst thing about it all is that he clearly hasn't learnt from his previous mistakes. He's a great player but time and time again he lets the game of football down. You do start to wonder whether more than fines or bans are needed.

Blaze said:
Oh here we go, just go compare footballer's wages with soldier's wages while you're at it.

I couldn't care less about the wage, What I could care about is the fact that it's a job.

I couldn't work into work, bite someone and get away with a 3 shift ban.

Blaze said:
"If you did it at a normal job..."

It's a physical, contact sport, not an office.

It's weird, some people are acting more offended by this than they did during the racism thing.

He deserves a three game ban. Simple as that. But it was still hilarious.

It's a contact sport? Oh, so that justifies feasting upon the flesh of another human on the field? He is subhuman scum at best, and as such should either be banned from English football for good, or at the very least 12 months.

Excellent, This is what I like to see, the FA taking quick and decisive action.

Its shows that it was not acceptable, and he is not going to play for 10 matches now. Hopefully this will help Liverpool in showing him the door out.

Ian

Not enough. But at least the vermin will be off the pitch until at the very least October next year.