• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Devastated after Watford today. But then again we finished 3rd and who would ever have thought that both are 1st and 2nd choice goalkeeper would be injured by half time. 3rd's a brilliant result for a side heavily tipped for relegation during the preseason. Watford to go to wembley (sorry Rob). WellI hope anyway.

I saw some of the Watford game after our game at Selhurst finished and they showed it on the screens. Needless to say that late Leeds goal must have been gutting for Watford fans like yourself Orlando Parks.

Still, very entertaining day today! Dougie Freedman deserves the Karma he got today. He said he wanted to manage in the premier league and for some reason chose Bolton. Hahaha, he must look stupid now!

I like Martinez, but I hate Wigan as a football club. They dont deserve to be in the PL, and every year they stay up, a good club ends up going down.

If they win the rest of their games, the other place *could* be decided by goal difference between Newcastle and Norwich. Neither deserve to go down though (well, Norwich has been shite since christmas)

Lordy said:
I like Martinez, but I hate Wigan as a football club. They dont deserve to be in the PL, and every year they stay up, a good club ends up going down.

If they win the rest of their games, the other place *could* be decided by goal difference between Newcastle and Norwich. Neither deserve to go down though (well, Norwich has been <censored> since christmas)

I dislike Martinez, he's too complacent and cocky. Not sure if anyone saw but last week he described Paul Scharner as "one of the best centrebacks in Europe." If he was such a great manager then Wigan wouldn't be so utterly crap for the entire season up until the last 2 months.

To anyone who thinks that Wigan should stay up/win the Cup. They played a first team mixed with youth side vs Macc in the cup. One shot on target, Macc had 6, 16 fouls. Like with Macc vs Bolton last season, the Premier League side were dire. And if they struggle yet celebrate dramatically over Macclesfield. Then there is something wrong.

And I'm a Bolton fan so I'd love to see em' go down.

What an incredible day in the championship...I was having food in my local watching it all unfold in my Bolton top, I've never been so nervous about anything before so when we pulled it back to 2-2 on half time I went absolutely wild haha! Biting my nails in the last 10 mins until Leicester scored in the 91st minute!! Forest hit the post a minute later which was the pickle on my crap sandwich...to top things off, some guy walks in the pub 10 mins later wearing a Leicester shirt, quite possibly one of the tense moments I've experienced haha..

Valiant effort by the lads, although it begs the question, what would've happened if we had influential (super) Kevin Davies in the squad?!

I've never noticed how much Distin looks like a younger, slimmer Purple Aki before this picture.

BJgkx3nCMAELmr4.jpg

Managed to blag a ticket for the derby today, Liverpool's famous derby atmosphere was terrible (Everton fans outsung the home crowd for the majority, plus the smoke bombs gave me hope that one day English crowds might come close to some of the fans you get on the continent), but that ref today was the worst display I've seen in any top division for a long time. I still don't know how or why Distin's goal wasn't given, but that should've been a goal, 100%.

Although knowing Moyes we could've been 4-0 up at half time and he'd still have found the tactics to throw it away, so I'm happy with a draw. :)

Purple smoke bombs ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, boss that. Honest.

It should have counted, but think of it as payback for our goal being disallowed at Goodison.

Blaze said:
Purple smoke bombs ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, boss that. Honest.

It wasn't boss, but it was something. The stupid ground regulations in this country mean that we won't be seeing proper pyrotechnics at english games for a while yet, but it was a start. Maybe if fans start doing this more often the jobsworths at the FA might realise they don't harm anyone and make the atmosphere more enjoyable, but then again the FA are a bunch of idiots anyway so I'm not expecting it anytime soon. ::)

I hate Sunderland. I hate Wigan. I hate football.

EDIT: I like it a bit more again now.

Palace had their award ceremony tonight, included stuff like POTY, YPOTY, fan of the year ETC. Thought it was a fun night following it on Twitter!

But the highlights are our new badge and kits for the 2013/14 season:

BJsN8clCMAENvL0.jpg

Looks alright I think!

And now for the kits:

Home:

BJsRAu9CYAAilNL.jpg
Looks Pretty good, like it better than our last one

Away:

BJsSZUOCMAE5Fgx.jpg

I...I...I think I'm in love <3 It looks bloody Gorgeous!

NOTE: Will edit this later when there's some clearer pictures available =)

Well done Swansea, a fully deserved victory tonight.

Also, I'm hoping Arsenal are in 3rd after the weekend.

I love that palace home kit Ed, reminds me of my all time favourite Scunny kit. Not keen on the away kit thought tbh. :p

On the subject of new kits, I love our home one, but can't stand our away kit. Whoever decided to give us an orange & black kit (which is the colours of a certain rival club across the river humber) needs sacking.

Can't wait to see us tearing apart League 2 teams in that stripey kit though. :p

You've robbed Barca's old kit for the home strip, and I'm sure Lyon or PSG or someone had a kit just like that away kit not too long ago. ;)

Please don't mention our new kits, I beg you.

Blaze said:
You've robbed Barca's old kit for the home strip, and I'm sure Lyon or PSG or someone had a kit just like that away kit not too long ago. ;)

Alright, I'll confess! We did nick it from Barcelona, although you could say that for most of our home kits :p

Adam said:
I love that palace home kit Ed, reminds me of my all time favourite Scunny kit.

Thank you Adam! I love you for saying that! :D

Adam said:
Not keen on the away kit thought tbh. :p

And I hate you for saying that...

Needless to say, I like your home kit, it looks quite nice. Similar to one we had years and years back. =)