• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Adam said:
Dobba said:
Adam said:
So, the same Manchester united fans that laugh at Chelsea for having plastic flags celebrated winning the league with plastic flags. How I hate modern football "fans" in this country. ::)

They were used at Old Trafford to make a mosaic. The Chelsea fans were given them at Champions League games to generate atmosphere.

Slight difference there.

This is a mosaic:

tifo-dortmund-manchester-city.jpg

This is plastic flags:

ManchesterUnited2Swansea1matchreport3ALateFerdinandgoalsee27sFergusontriumphinfinalgameatOldTrafford.jpg

Slight difference there.

Yeah, one is a picture of the mosaic, the other is a zoomed in shot of a group of people. The flags were given to fill the background of this https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKFVMiZCMAEgnut.jpg:large

As being the biggest club ground in Britain, mosaics at Old Trafford tend to just stop when the design is finished.

But yeah, exactly the same as giving a team flags at a Champions League game.

Though if you wanna talk about giveaways... The last three Norwich home games have featured clap banners which make a helluva noise when shook about, but look a bit naff ;)

1995745481.jpg

To be fair to United, the cheap plastic flags had a purpose, unlike Chelsea, who need to be told to make an atmosphere by having flags, even in Champions League games and cup finals.

I'd rather have vuvuellas than those clap banner things.

Fair enough, that "display" wasn't bad, but that tifo only happened because the club itself organised it. So why do these displays only happen when the club itself makes them? Why couldn't the fans of the biggest club in the UK find their own way to commemorate Fergie's last home game? After all, clearly it's only chelsea fans who get told when to make an atmosphere.

If you want to see proper displays look at fans like BVB, Boca, PAOK etc. The display at OT was plastic, organised by the club not the fans and a reflection of the lack of atmosphere at big English clubs compared to the continent. Even Liverpool fans today had a few smoke bombs, and that wasn't even an important game. :p

Adam said:
Fair enough, that "display" wasn't bad, but that tifo only happened because the club itself organised it. So why do these displays only happen when the club itself makes them? Why couldn't the fans of the biggest club in the UK find their own way to commemorate Fergie's last home game? After all, clearly it's only chelsea fans who get told when to make an atmosphere.

Oh you're not even trying now. If only there was a group that worked with the club on this and the previous mosaics they've had at Old Trafford as well as almost all the banners in the ground and the surfer flags, they could even name themselves after the main stand at the ground.

Oh hang on http://www.stretfordendflags.com/

Rob said:
Nice bit of casual racism there, but hey why not! ::)

I'm glad you seem to know more about my football club that I do. The owners bought the stadium this season, we now have 100% ownership. I'm glad you dislike Leicester so much, makes a change from the Forest Derby love hate love affair. I love how both clubs fans claim that they don't care about Leicester, until of course they beat us or we fail at something. It's quite hilarious!

As I said, you come across as a very very sore loser (loser in terms of Derby have done nothing at all for the past few seasons). I must admit I actually admire what Derby are doing, sticking with Clough and giving him a chance, makes a refreshing change. And I think it will pay off in the long run.

We will indeed spend as we wish though thanks! Maybe next season you might bring more than 883 away fans to King Power Stadium, then again, it is a long long trek across the country!

:)

Racism you say? Don't think so, truth more like, I'm not abusing them because of their colour or race just their dodgy ethics.
I don't care if they are black / brown or pink with blue spots so don't start with that game.

Now then, they may own the ground now but go back to when it was built and you couldn't afford to pay for it, a lot of small companies went under and children lost the roofs over their heads.
But good old festa kept spending and racking up huge debts knowing that they were going to go into administration and could wipe them out.
The football league were so discusted by this they tried to throw the book at them but couldn't because the rules were not in place to do so.
This is why they brought in the new rules and now deduct 10 points minimum, all because of selfish festa.
But hay doesn't matter does it?

I'm not a sore loser and am quite happy with the team performance this year, Derby are playing some nice football under our Nigel, and when were you last in the premier league and we last in division one?
It's just if you think you can buy the league and keep outbidding everyone else because you have a sugar daddy then it ruffles a few feathers and other fans think its very funny when it doesn't work.
We will think its even funnier when your sugar daddy decides he's bored and leaves with his money and the football league finally get to have their revenge on you.

As for attendance lets have a quick look at the link below:-

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html

Oh, it seams to show Derby above festa and forest on the average gate this season, and lets have look at the biggest attendance in the whole of the championship last season and who it was, oh it's Derby again.
Looks like we're not to badly supported so I think we will be ok.

We tried to buy the league in 2011/12, not this season just finished. Nigel Pearson has spent sensibly and we have had a very small squad this season. There are indeed some 'big' names in the squad and some high earners, but not to the extent of the season before.

I never said Derby were badly supported. Just made out that only bringing 883 fans away to Leicester is a poor effort. Though I am probably too used to Leicester's brilliant away support, unfortunately the stats for this season's away attendances are not out yet though.

When were we last in the Premier League? That was 2003/04, no shame in saying that. I wouldn't bring up the topic of last in the Prem if I were you, did someone mention lowest ever points total? And I by Division 1 you mean League 1, we were there in 2008/09 (the only time in our history), we won the league and it was a really great season of watching football for me.

I must admit, football fans who wish 'revenge' or other such nasty things on other football clubs cannot be seen as true football fans. If you don't want a team to do well on the pitch then that is fine. Wishing a club to do badly off the pitch and go bust is the behaviour of scum. So yeah, go back to shagging some sheep why don't you?

Well, just over 4 hours to go now, and are last away win was 1-0 against Derby, so I would settle for that score line again tonight.

I think the injuries from Friday might shake the team up, and catch Brighton out.

That been said, I am worried we could lose just as easily 3-0. Going to be a stressful 90 minutes, especially if there is only a goal in it with 10 minutes to go.

Ian

Rob said:
We tried to buy the league in 2011/12, not this season just finished. Nigel Pearson has spent sensibly and we have had a very small squad this season. There are indeed some 'big' names in the squad and some high earners, but not to the extent of the season before.

I never said Derby were badly supported. Just made out that only bringing 883 fans away to Leicester is a poor effort. Though I am probably too used to Leicester's brilliant away support, unfortunately the stats for this season's away attendances are not out yet though.

When were we last in the Premier League? That was 2003/04, no shame in saying that. I wouldn't bring up the topic of last in the Prem if I were you, did someone mention lowest ever points total? And I by Division 1 you mean League 1, we were there in 2008/09 (the only time in our history), we won the league and it was a really great season of watching football for me.

I must admit, football fans who wish 'revenge' or other such nasty things on other football clubs cannot be seen as true football fans. If you don't want a team to do well on the pitch then that is fine. Wishing a club to do badly off the pitch and go bust is the behaviour of scum. So yeah, go back to shagging some sheep why don't you?

It's called banter Rob, I think its a little unfair to label me scum, its not like I called your support or anything is it!
Just except that festa are the most hated team in the league after Leeds and we will get on fine.
Anyway must dash I have a sheep to catch. ;D

Scum? If United went bust every football fan in the country who doesn't support them will piss themselves laughing.

So nervous about tonight...

Especially since I don't really want Watford to go up because of the whole loan an entire team system...

Sigh...

I think it's ridiculous. Yes the Champions League was terrible and some of Mancini's excuses have been very lame, but he does not deserve the sack. Who's going to want this job? Only person I can see who would take it is Mourinho.

Ancelotti and Benitez outside shouts...

Pellegrini is apparently in line to take over. I suspect a large part of the reasoning behind sacking Mancini was his attitude. All he seemed to do in interviews was complain about his players/the board and not being given enough money to spend. A manager that doesn't back his squad and consistently criticises players in the media won't last long in any league, let alone the Premier League.

Alastair said:
All he seemed to do in interviews was complain about his players/the board and not being given enough money to spend.

Wiz+Khalifa+Confused+Face.jpg

I'm amazed anyone is surprised tbh. Do I think he should've been sacked? No. But it's pretty obvious that in modern football when you manage a team with a greedy foreign owner that's only in it for the money & success, not living up to the stupidly high standards is always going to lead to the same thing. Look at Chelsea & Blackburn for example...

484763_482744035132243_1282547782_n.jpg

New Norwich kit... Not sure what I think of it really, but Snodgrass is clearly very 'excited' to be wearing it ;)