• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Hahaha Festa, spend all that money and it gets you nowhere.
I hope those rich Saudi's pull their ill gotten gains out of the club and you go bust AGAIN.

Up the Rams.

Feel so dirty backing United right now... but they're the only one out of the 4 teams on my bet slip I still want a stupid goal from. Ugh.

So, the same Manchester united fans that laugh at Chelsea for having plastic flags celebrated winning the league with plastic flags. How I hate modern football "fans" in this country. ::)

Adam said:
So, the same Manchester united fans that laugh at Chelsea for having plastic flags celebrated winning the league with plastic flags. How I hate modern football "fans" in this country. ::)

My exact thoughts when I saw the buildup. As I've said before, hypocrites.

ChocolateStarfish said:
I hope those rich Saudi's pull their ill gotten gains out of the club and you go bust AGAIN.

Up the Rams.

Do your homework will you mate. We are owned by Thais, who genuinely seem to care for the club. We spent a lot of money when Sven was here but that's because it was Sven, he just loves to spend money. We didn't actually spend that much before this season, and we have been cutting our wage bill. Also I'd never wish for any club to go bust. Just sounds like you are a sore loser.

Orlando parks said:
For all people who moan about us, we like to be known as Udinese B. The Horns are going to Wembely. :)

Well done, you were the better side today. Must admit, we got a great chant going today:

"Number 1, he's on loan, number 2, he's on loan;
Number 3, he's on loan, number 4, he's on loan...."

And so on.

I'm absolutely devastated though, to have a penalty to get to Wembley and then 20 seconds later find ourselves down and out is gutting. The worst way to lose by a country mile.

Our fans were brilliant today though. Out sung the Watford fans (who couldn't even sell out a small capacity stadium) for the full 90 minutes. Also the announcer at Watford is an embarrassment to football.

:)

Feel sorry for Leicester... I like the city and I like the club and it would have been nice to beat you in the Prem next year ;)

As for Norwich, we're staying up in style! I can finally relax and enjoy the summer transfer speculation (oh, and all the rumours about van Wolfswinkle not coming can be put to bed :p)

Rob said:
ChocolateStarfish said:

Up the Rams.

Do your homework will you mate. We are owned by Thais, who genuinely seem to care for the club. We spent a lot of money when Sven was here but that's because it was Sven, he just loves to spend money. We didn't actually spend that much before this season, and we have been cutting our wage bill. Also I'd never wish for any club to go bust. Just sounds like you are a sore loser.

Orlando parks said:
For all people who moan about us, we like to be known as Udinese B. The Horns are going to Wembely. :)

Well done, you were the better side today. Must admit, we got a great chant going today:

And so on.

I'm absolutely devastated though, to have a penalty to get to Wembley and then 20 seconds later find ourselves down and out is gutting. The worst way to lose by a country mile.

Our fans were brilliant today though. Out sung the Watford fans (who couldn't even sell out a small capacity stadium) for the full 90 minutes. Also the announcer at Watford is an embarrassment to football.

Got to say though, when you started shouting He's on Loan to Forestieri he's not. He signed in January. Whatever people think about Watford as a club and the policy that they have used, the team that have played this season deserve promotion. And in regards to the small crowds, we are a relatively small club, and it proves that the majority of our fans are true fans. We are a small club punching above our weight in that regard, which isn't a surprise considering we are within an hours journey of the majority of the London clubs.
You have to admit though from the replays that the penalty was very soft. I've got to admit I feel sorry for Leicester in some regards having victory snatched away so late, as we had a taste of that when the penalty was given. I've got to admit if you hadn't been playing us I would have preferred you to get into the final than the idiot manager Holloway so while I'm overjoyed at the victory I've got to feel sorry for you lot as well.

Rob said:
Also the announcer at Watford is an embarrassment to football.

Mate, If he's the same one that was there when I went when Scunny was away there a few years ago, I know what you mean. :p (We won that game 0-2 btw ;) )

That said, you need to see the one at Chesterfield. He had the worst voice in the world for an announcer, and pronounced half of our players names wrong. If those players had been foreigners with fairly hard to say names I'd have let him off, but when you can't say names like Reckord or Togwell right, maybe you need a new job. :p (One of my favourite ever away games.We won that game 1-4 and had brought 1000 away fans. They had won the JPT the week before but got booed off at full time. :p )

Watford might be playing great football but they why they have abused the Loan system is not right, and I am glad its going to be banned next season.

Some pretty nasty comments on here about other teams, and while I am sure they are in jest, they don't appear to come across that way.

I hope Palace can get some sort of result tomorrow. Anything but penalties I guess.

Ian

Any team that relies on loans will have their downfall. Usually it happens to them by the end of a season rather than actually working out for them. If Watford do go up I see them struggling to plug the gaps filled by key loan players.

Though I wish loanees had worked for Norwich back in our more recent darker days under managers like Glenn Roeder who loaned in half a team with no work ethic and set the club up for our relegation to League One.

The thing is, rather than signing the players on loan, next season they can just be free transfers. I've heard the only reason they loaned this year was to speed the process up.

Sent from Tapatalk, excuse any mistakes.

Rob said:
ChocolateStarfish said:

Up the Rams.

Orlando parks said:

And so on.

Thai or Saudi its still the same thing, dodgy foreign business types buying up football clubs to use as a toy whilst proberbly laundering money though them at the same time.
Care about the club don't make me laugh, tell me what happened to all the money owed to the people who built that stadium? Did they pay them?
Alot of people were out of pocket over that and you were still allowed to move in without paying for it.
It was a direct response to that the football league brought in the 10 point deduction rule, yet good old festa got off scot free.
I could carry on and on why I dislike festa but I don't want to come across as bitter.

Keep on spending the money so we can all laugh at you again next season when you fail to get promoted again. ;D

Adam said:

They were used at Old Trafford to make a mosaic. The Chelsea fans were given them at Champions League games to generate atmosphere.

Slight difference there.

Dobba said:
They were used at Old Trafford to make a mosaic. The Chelsea fans were given them at Champions League games to generate atmosphere.

Slight difference there.

No they were cards, not plastic flags.

Regardless of what you think about flags, it was a nice touch of United to provide all the Swansea fans with their own flags too which had 'Capital One Cup Winners' on them - didn't leave them out and allowed them to be part of the occasion.

Dobba said:
Adam said:

Slight difference there.

This is a mosaic:

tifo-dortmund-manchester-city.jpg

This is plastic flags:

ManchesterUnited2Swansea1matchreport3ALateFerdinandgoalsee27sFergusontriumphinfinalgameatOldTrafford.jpg

Slight difference there.

Which created this:

Champions-2013.jpg

I don't even like United but I thought it was pretty awesome :)

ChocolateStarfish said:
Rob said:
ChocolateStarfish said:

Up the Rams.

Orlando parks said:

And so on.

Thai or Saudi its still the same thing, dodgy foreign business types buying up football clubs to use as a toy whilst proberbly laundering money though them at the same time.
Care about the club don't make me laugh, tell me what happened to all the money owed to the people who built that stadium? Did they pay them?
Alot of people were out of pocket over that and you were still allowed to move in without paying for it.
It was a direct response to that the football league brought in the 10 point deduction rule, yet good old festa got off scot free.
I could carry on and on why I dislike festa but I don't want to come across as bitter.

Keep on spending the money so we can all laugh at you again next season when you fail to get promoted again. ;D

Nice bit of casual racism there, but hey why not! ::)

I'm glad you seem to know more about my football club that I do. The owners bought the stadium this season, we now have 100% ownership. I'm glad you dislike Leicester so much, makes a change from the Forest Derby love hate love affair. I love how both clubs fans claim that they don't care about Leicester, until of course they beat us or we fail at something. It's quite hilarious!

As I said, you come across as a very very sore loser (loser in terms of Derby have done nothing at all for the past few seasons). I must admit I actually admire what Derby are doing, sticking with Clough and giving him a chance, makes a refreshing change. And I think it will pay off in the long run.

We will indeed spend as we wish though thanks! Maybe next season you might bring more than 883 away fans to King Power Stadium, then again, it is a long long trek across the country!