• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

I adore the group photo with Delaney in the front <3

Amazing atmosphere with the whole Palace end bouncing at times, nervy at the same time, leading to a very quiet journey home for many (myself included)...

Too early to make calls on next season as well, such is the way of football, Palace were faves to go down this season and looked what happened... The massive amount of changes between clubs in the PL and the potential for signings that could have an amazing first season and other team players having second season syndrome or being sold off (Benteke is the best example of what could happen, since he essentially kept Villa up)... Indeed, until the signings of Delaney, Moritz and Bolasie, Palace were definitely staring at relegation... Can never tell how much of a difference one or two new signings (or young players hitting a certain level of maturity) will make to a team's season... 31st August will be the time to judge how good a squad Palace have...

With the amount of money the club will get even if relegation happens, there is no real problem, as the majority can be put into infrastructure and help the club push forward in the future...

Holloway's tactical nous really came into play these last 3 games, if Murray had been playing or Almunia not being a decent keeper might not have even gone to extra time...

Zaha got the media attention, but each player out there yesterday gave everything, even O'Keefe showed a high level of potential for someone who played 6 odd games this season...

But until August 17th, I'll enjoy the moment that 2 Palace loanees combined to end Udinese C's bid for global dominance... Via beating Brighton as well...

Blaze said:
Doesn't all this mean Rodgers is now like the 5th longest serving manager in the league?

Football's gone mad.

Yep, incredible:

article-0-19EC41C7000005DC-736_634x333.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/34872/de-laurentiis-targets-palace

De Laurentiis targets Palace

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed he’d like to “buy an English club” and the favourite is Crystal Palace.

The club was promoted into the Premier League last week after beating Watford – owned by Udinese patrons the Pozzo family – in the play-offs.

According to the latest rumours emerging in Italy, Palace are top of De Laurentiis’ wish-list.

The Hollywood mogul today announced on Radio Marte that he intends to “expand my football empire.

“I want to buy three clubs, including one in England, so I asked Edy Reja if he would be willing to be the Coach and he said he’s available.”

Crystal Palace was founded in September 1905 and their current co-chairmen are Jeremy Hosking, Martin Long, Steve Parish and Stephen Browett.

The club was in administration twice since 2000 and in January 2010 owed approximately £30m.

Another Italian President, Cagliari owner Massimo Cellino, had been in talks for a take-over of Crystal Palace in 2010.

untitle.JPG

Don't want him, CPFC2010 have done a brilliant job since they took over.

Hope that isn't true Ed. English football has been ruined by enough foreign owners already, we definitely don't need anymore. :p

Well, it looks like Mourinho's confirmed as being back for a second bite of the cherry at Chelsea...

So the new Watford Kits been released, I quite like it, it shows a bit of creativity to differentate it from the almost identical kits that we have had for the past three years.
WXHdyKS.jpg

But what have they done to our badge! Bring back the Red! Apart from that over the dissapointment of the Final, congratulations to Palace as they deserved it on the day and role onto next season.

That Watford kit isn't bad, but why ditch the red? It looks so unusual as I'm use to seeing them with at least a bit of red on their kits. The colours on the badge look really strange...

In regards to Play Off final, unlucky you lost, but the better team did win ;) It's great to see your lot were so great with the defeat, there were a couple of Watford fans on the Palace forum congratulating us. I don't mind Watford, Zola is a true football gentleman and he's a alright manager =) Best of luck next season mate, and please beat Brighton for us! =P

Yeah, you where by far the better team at the final, having had a bit of time to get used to it, and finding out that the badge chane is for this shirt only, I really like it, a new shirt for a new era for the club, and lets hope the red returns on the away kit. :)

That Watford kit looks just like a Dortmund one to me, the same design but with a bit of red trim would be lovely, but it just looks like Watford are pretending to be Dortmund now instead of Udinese. ;)

Although it's nowhere near as bad as Liverpool's away kit, so you can't complain. :p

Oh god...Scotland actually won a game! :eek: Croatia, 4h best team in the rankings, beaten on their home patch...too bad Scotland can't qualify now for the world cup! :p

Don't suppose there are any other Preston North End fans on here? There aren't a lot of us around! ;)

Gus Poyet's been sacked as manager of Brighton. Say what you like about the club, but frankly, it's been handled in an appalling way. He was handed a statement from the club by the BBC in a studio telling him that he'd been sacked. He had no communication from the club whatsoever. No text, no email, no phone call, nothing.

Brighton: The gift that keeps on giving. (If you're a Palace fan that is)

It's disgraceful how it's been handled, and I feel a bit sorry for him.