• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

RIP Bert Trautmann, a true footballing legend imo. I'm not the type to really care about the deaths of people I've never met, but this guy was such an inspiration and legend of the game that I couldn't just not mention it. :p

bt_2362902b.jpg

Played the 1956 FA Cup final with a broken neck. What a legend, may he rest in peace.

First Donny sell out by signing that guy from 1D, now Hull have been rebranded to "Hull City Tigers" (Cringe). Our local rivals really are lacking in class now. (Grimsby & Lincoln haven't had much class for a long time anyway :p )

Being a Scunthorpe fan just keeps getting better! New chairman (Who is local, cares about the clubs fans, and isn't going to give us a tacky rebrand or sign a boyband member for free publicity.), new stadium improvements, and this season we'll probably be in the title race. The dark days of Alan Knill seem a world away! :D

No respect for the club's history or fans these owners.

Looking forward to the Arsenal Gunners, Manchester Devils and Tottenham...Cocks.

They can't be Hull City Tigers locally and Hull Tigers nationally and internationally. They need to either stay as they are or just become Hull Tigers. The latter would increase the interest level in them worldwide. It would be highly marketable in Asia and could make them sincerely quite massive.

I'm a bit late to this, but the best thing about the Hull re-brand was this:

Hull Owner said:
"Hull City is irrelevant. My dislike for the word 'City' is because it is common. City is also associated with Leicester, Bristol, Manchester and many other clubs."

And Tigers isn't associated with Leicester? Bad example! :p

:)

Palace might have lost today, but the boys did us proud, and the crowd was brilliant.

The penalty is always a penalty if its your team, and not a penalty if its your opponents, and I would have preferred to have lost to some sort of wonder goal, than a penalty, but for that to be the only thing splitting the teams at the end of the day, means I am proud of the result.

Now lets go and get the first points of the season at Stoke next weekend (Which I can't watch as I am in Scotland :( )

Ian

Agree about the Palace game, Ian. We lost but I thought the eagles played very well and we should grab 3 points at Stoke on Saturday.

The fans were amazing,This picture:

BR83H0kCYAA9dTc.jpg:large

<3

Palace fans were sound today, not on par with most Bundesliga fans like, but easily the best fans the prem has ever seen. :p

TedTheHuman said:
Agree about the Palace game, Ian. We lost but I thought the eagles played very well and we should grab 3 points at Stoke on Saturday.

The fans were amazing,This picture:

BR83H0kCYAA9dTc.jpg:large

<3

That's amazing! I remember when our Preston fans were like that. There's a lot of hope for a good season this season so I have my fingers crossed. I remember when the entire ground dressed up in ginger wigs and tarten caps and masks in honour of David Moyes!