• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

I think Balotelli will be playing purely in an attempt to get Rooney sent off. I don't think the Italian manager will want to play him after he was supposedly questioning his choice of not starting him after he scored his goal against Ireland.

I don't think ballotelli will play. I hope he does so carrol can wind him up & get sent off. It all depends who scores first. Italy will go for the jugular I they score first I think, possibly leaving them exposed then England need to capitalise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smudge said:
I don't think ballotelli will play. I hope he does so carrol can wind him up & get sent off. It all depends who scores first. Italy will go for the jugular I they score first I think, possibly leaving them exposed then England need to capitalise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I don't think he'll start as many of the players now him too well and how they can get at him.

Will post my prediction once we get the team line-ups.

England 0-0 Italy (Italy win 5-4 on Penalties, Young to miss and sky it Italia 90 style and the ball to be kept by a kid and sold online).

Stelios said:
England 0-0 Italy (Italy win 5-4 on Penalties, Young to miss and sky it Italia 90 style and the ball to be kept by a kid and sold online).

Close enough!

Spare a thought for the "hardcore" England fans who have to try and find a politically correct away to create a Ashley Young effigy to burn.

What a load of crap. Rooney was poor throughout the game, if it wasn't for Italy being so wasteful in front of goal we'd been well and truly spanked tonight.

:(

F... sake.

Really did think this was our year, and we had it go to waste thanks to certain players :(.

Just want August to come now, see what next season has for us!

Wayne-Rooney-website.jpg

roy-hodgson-oops.jpg

Face it England fans. We were poor. We looked lucky to get out of the group stages. I wouldn't blame Roy as he's done a good job of putting them together and Hart and the defense did well and we held Italy. But our midfield couldn't even close down "1-tackle Pirlo". We went out with our heads held low. Well at least we didn't save ourself another German humiliation again.

We were poor but I was truly starting to believe that this could be the time... It would have been great for our worst team in years to have won something! Italy were the better team though, but I still think we're cursed!

mrbrightside said:
We were poor but I was truly starting to believe that this could be the time... It would have been great for our worst team in years to have won something! Italy were the better team though, but I still think we're cursed!

Let's face it, even if we had got through on penalties, on the basis of that performance could you really envisage us beating Germany? Hodgson was too negative, I think we could have taken the game to the Italians a bit more with different tactics.

The Psychoaster said:
mrbrightside said:

Let's face it, even if we had got through on penalties, on the basis of that performance could you really envisage us beating Germany? Hodgson was too negative, I think we could have taken the game to the Italians a bit more with different tactics.
Nope, but then I equally could t have envisaged us winning the group, or holding Italy like that. We had a lot of luck in this tournament, and ground out results when even playing badly.

Had that shoot out gone our way - I would have honestly believed that somehow we may have gone all the way. Regardless of our lack of quality in comparison to Germany or Spain.

England leaving already? I would of made them practise penalties in front of their disgruntled fans when they get back to rub it in.

As the English media ask where their Pirlo is, the decision to force Paul Scholes wide to accommodate the ever-failing Gerrard and Lampard partnership somehow gets funnier with every tournament.

Moley said:
As the English media ask where their Pirlo is, the decision to force Paul Scholes wide to accommodate the ever-failing Gerrard and Lampard partnership somehow gets funnier with every tournament.

He wasn't "forced wide" - he retired from international football and has made it clear on numerous occasions that he has no desire to ever play it again, even despite being asked several times. It was his own choice, he could have replaced Lampard in the squad when he got injured, apparently Hodgson made it clear that the opportunity was there.