• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Did you happen to see the fail during Palace's game on Saturday when the Burnley player (forgot who he was) grab hold of Ward before they scored their second? and the referee did nothing? That was disgraceful.

Grabbing is the sphere of "subjective" based decision making.

Though it's getting ridiculous, they take the physical side of the game out with strong tackles, but allow rugby tackles in the box. It's crazy, it's ruining the game.

However, it's not as objective as offside.

Grabbing is the sphere of "subjective" based decision making.

Though it's getting ridiculous, they take the physical side of the game out with strong tackles, but allow rugby tackles in the box. It's crazy, it's ruining the game.

However, it's not as objective as offside.

Here's the grab I'm talking about:

https://vine.co/v/Ojn0Img9Bqt

Now whatever you say, that is appalling.

I remember them talking about it on MOTD. From what I remember, there was an issue as to whether it happened inside the touchlines or not - if a foul had been given, and it was deemed to have happened outside the touchlines, then a dropped ball would've been the most likely result. I'm pretty confident it was a foul, and am astounded that it wasn't given as such.

Here's the grab I'm talking about:

https://vine.co/v/Ojn0Img9Bqt

Now whatever you say, that is appalling.

Oh that!

Foul for me, or even a drop ball, but excuse me I'm just throwing/pushing you into the hoardings is becoming too frequent as well and is damn dangerous!

You can barely breath in a tackle, but can throw people into hoardings, rugby tackle them in the penalty area or in some cases almost full on "clothes line" them, grapple etc - think they're doing it wrong!

Reactions: Ted
The Tottenham third goal was probably the worst I can remember, certainly for a long time. I was watching this game for work and saw several angles of it and if I remember correctly now, the lino raised his flag a good second or two after Vertonghen was played in. It was just bizarre. It's not like he had a player blocking his view either. I just cannot understand how he got that wrong considering a lino never goes further than the halfway line and when the ball was played, the Sunderland defender was only just entering his half. Lucky for him it didn't affect the result...

In addition, I'm glad Martinez is getting found out now. Last season was always going to be a fluke. But why on earth did Mirallas take that penalty?!

B8IeUJwCQAAHw5A.jpg

Sanogo and Chamakh > Van Persie and Falcao

The FA Cup never fails to throw up a surprise. Makes United's result at Cambridge look good! And also, I find it interesting that Manchester United are now the highest-ranked team left in the FA Cup!

Some great FA Cup shocks, not least Aston Villa beating Bournemouth! :p

What Bradord did is quite incredible, they deserve huge amounts of credit. Pretty chuffed that we made it into the fifth round also!

:)

We're ball number 1 in the draw tonight. Buzzed for it now! :D

I hope Arsenal draw either Liverpool or Man United (providing they win their replays of course), the sooner the big teams go out the better.

Some great FA Cup shocks, not least Aston Villa beating Bournemouth! :p

When we put 6 past Sund'lnd a little while ago, fans were elated and singing "We're taking the piss, we're taking the piss, we're Aston Villa, we're taking the piss".

In the meantime, we've had Seaford United, rock bottom of the Sussex County League Division Two, challenge us to a game - to find the most boring team in the top 10 divisions.

It's worth saying, Seaford have apparently lost 20 straight games conceding 61 goals and conceding 10.

Somehow Seaford, I don't think the games at your place are boring... I'll take boring 1-0 or nil nil over conceding 61 goals in 20 games thanks. :D

In another new, Dennis Wise has decided to do his very best Lego hair style impression:

B8Q14RqCcAAtcZy.jpg

Although some think it's perhaps a little more sinister than that!

BzL99KACYAAPQnp.jpg:large

Also for those watching the West Ham match, did anyone notice the diabolically staged High Vis guy doing things with the football, like when he went to put it through the little window but the camera panned to him as he was actually moving into position (I think)?

It really is not like the BBC to be that amateurish! It's a football game!

Well we've got either Liverpool or Bolton at home in the FA Cup. Would prefer Bolton but not that intimidated by Liverpool.

Away to Preston North End or Sheffield United. I'm happy with that. Just so long as we can get past Cambridge in the replay.

Reactions: Amy
Villa away for us, winnable for both sides. As long as we are not deemed "high risk" like at Norwich three years back we should be taking at least 6000 fans. Let round 3 of this battle commence!

Villa away for us, winnable for both sides. As long as we are not deemed "high risk" like at Norwich three years back we should be taking at least 6000 fans. Let round 3 of this battle commence!

We'll be lucky if they don't make this tie a behind closed doors fixture.

Reactions: Rob
We'll be lucky if they don't make this tie a behind closed doors fixture.

They may also not allow the players to play! Could just be a referee, a ball and a mascot! Oooh a game between Filbert the Fox and whoever Villa's mascot is! :p