• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

They may also not allow the players to play! Could just be a referee, a ball and a mascot! Oooh a game between Filbert the Fox and whoever Villa's mascot is! :p
Then we really could knock the stuffing out of each other...

Also for those watching the West Ham match, did anyone notice the diabolically staged High Vis guy doing things with the football, like when he went to put it through the little window but the camera panned to him as he was actually moving into position (I think)?

It really is not like the BBC to be that amateurish! It's a football game!

The BBC camera work recently has been very poor actually, glad I'm not the only one to notice this...

Borussia Dortmund. Second in the Bundesliga last season. Currently lying bottom. Could Jürgen Klopp be for the chop soon? (Yeah, I know it's a bad joke. :p) I suspect we'll be seeing an exodus of players if they go down to the 2. Bundesliga in the summer transfer window, and anyone who follows me on Twitter will know one transfer I would love to see happen - Mats Hummels to Manchester United. Not that I go on about that or anything. :p

They're still bottom? Wonder what on earth has happened there. They're a decent team with a decent manager, should be nowhere near the bottom of that league.

:)

Yup. Only won four games this season, and their last win was a 1-0 victory over Hoffenheim in December.

Yeah I have seen, Sky don't report this unless it's true. Load of rubbish, Nige is the only decent manager we have had in the last 10 years or so. God knows who we are going to get now but we are all but doomed to go down.

Yeah I have seen, Sky don't report this unless it's true. Load of rubbish, Nige is the only decent manager we have had in the last 10 years or so. God knows who we are going to get now but we are all but doomed to go down.

He had almost the Jose style siege mentality, but I have to say, I find his character strange.

Yesterdays actions on the touchline were really odd.

Its an odd time to sack a manager, not sure who could replace him that will be able to do a better job :(

Sometimes it works though, and fingers crossed it does for you, there is 4 or 5 teams who could go down, and I hope your team is not one.

Ian

Martin O'Neill backed into favourite!

You have more chance of staying up with him in charge.

As an outsider, I've never understood why managers get sacked when players aren't playing well enough

As an outsider, I've never understood why managers get sacked when players aren't playing well enough

There are times when the players aren't playing well enough because they have lost faith in the manager. In those cases, it's easier to sack one manager than 20 players. As a matter of fact, it's always easier to sack one manager than 20 players - so the manager takes the hit for poor results no matter what is causing them.

Good old Nige has not been sacked. Turn outs Sky are just a bunch of balloon heads as he would say! :D

Probably the weirdest situation in football really, im

Sometimes, the same group of players can play completely differently under a new manager, Palace fans will attest to that last season, where Pulis coming in made a massive difference... Similarly to Pardew this season...

It's the manager's tactics and ability to react to a game that affect it all in my opinion... Hence why when Warnock was sacked after the Southampton debacle I was unsurprised, since the tactics in that match were so bad everyone in the stands realised it was wrong, but he did nothing to change it...

Reactions: Ted
Probably the weirdest situation in football really

Takes a lot for a Palace to say that, with the way our manager situation has gone over the last few years, nothing feels weird to me.

Glad he has not got the sack, like I said, not sure who would do a better job.

Ian

Urgh, the way this forum saves drafts like that sometimes... That was in regards to Dortmund's sudden fall down the table this season after their last few seasons...

Both Brighton and Millwall seemingly fighting for that last relegation spot as well...

I shall be supporting Millwall in staying up, purely because of the hysteria that'll happen to our friends on the South Coast should they go down...

Reactions: Ted