• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

After all the cheating that went on Friday, Boro don't deserve to go up.
You can't possibly blame cheating for the loss. We were poor. And Wes got booked for diving - we were hardly innocent lol!

I only watched the first half of that game and understood that many of the boos at half time were for the referee. However I also heard afterwards some boos at the end of the game. It is beyond belief that a set of fans whos team are near the top of the league and doing well boo their team for losing to another very good team! It's one of the things that really bugs me in football.

Not everyone can walk the Championship like we did last year! ;)

:)

I only watched the first half of that game and understood that many of the boos at half time were for the referee. However I also heard afterwards some boos at the end of the game. It is beyond belief that a set of fans whos team are near the top of the league and doing well boo their team for losing to another very good team! It's one of the things that really bugs me in football.

Not everyone can walk the Championship like we did last year! ;)

I'm fairly sure the boos were directed towards the ref and Boro rather than the team. I'm pretty sure the boos at full time were followed with a chorus of 'Yellows' chants which showed the support

If only we had Alex Neil all year though... Maybe we would have walked it!

Reactions: Rob
I'm fairly sure the boos were directed towards the ref and Boro rather than the team. I'm pretty sure the boos at full time were followed with a chorus of 'Yellows' chants which showed the support

If only we had Alex Neil all year though... Maybe we would have walked it!
Ah fair enough, I only heard it briefly at the end!

Looks like it has been a cracking Championship season, I really do hope that Bournemouth can get over the line as it really would be a fantastic achievement for the club.

I would love for Bournemouth to go up. After finishing near the bottom of League Two in 2009 (admittedly due to a 17 point deduction for financial problems), they've done pretty well for themselves, and it'd be great to see another team from the south coast in the top flight.

Their stadium, Dean Court, can only hold 12,000 supporters, which isn't much bigger then Boundary Park in Oldham - the current record holder for smallest capacity stadium used in the Premier League. I've had a feeling for a while that they might need to move their home games in order to attract bigger crowds should they be promoted to the Premier League. The closest, and probably most obvious solution, is St Mary's Stadium in Southampton. This may only be needed for a couple of seasons, as I'm aware that there are plans to expand Dean Court, so something similar to what happened to Fulham for a couple of years might end up happening. This is all speculation, of course. It may be that they stay at Dean Court while any potential redevelopment works are happening.

But anyway - Bournemouth going up to the Premier League would be fantastic for them. I just hope that they manage it!

I'd love to see Bournemouth go up - they rely deserve it based on consistency and quality throughout the season. Though if them being in the playoffs meant Norwich clinch an automatic spot I won't be disappointed ;)

I'd love to see Bournemouth go up as well. Eddie Howe is a fantastic manager and has done a superb job with them this season. If they do go up, then I would kill our game against them at Dean Court to be a hot day in August! :p

For the other two teams, I'd love to see Boro come up as well for the other automatic place. Don't want Watford but at least it's a close game for me if they do come up. For the play offs, I want Derby as I still feel they were hard done by last season.

At the rate we're going, The Norwich vs Ipswich playoff final that was being discussed among Ipswich supporters on the train home after the Norwich game looks even more likely...

The internet seems to have exploded tonight with the news that Ilkay Gundogan is allegedly set to join United in the summer for about £21m from Borussia Dortmund. Not exactly the signing I was expecting, but if it's true, then he could be a good signing for us. Also, there have been rumours growing stronger about Memphis Depay joining United this summer for a sizeable sum from PSV Eindhoven, which I'd like to see, but I'm not sure as to how he could fit in at United.

Our worst run in 38 years.
No manager.
Half the team suspended/injured.
Attendance dropped.
No major trophy in 60 years.

Unbelievable how sour life is as a Newcastle fan.

For now yes.

But I don't think 'at least you're in the prem' really rubs off.

We're turning a profit, have constantly 50000+ attendance (last 2 games aside) and were in Europe pretty much solidly for many seasons through late 90's to mid 00's.

It is this ambition which has vanished.

Confirmation that we'll be in the playoffs. The East Anglian Derby at Wembley is looking more and more likely...

Confirmation that we'll be in the playoffs. The East Anglian Derby at Wembley is looking more and more likely...
If the table stays the same it'll be Norwich v Ipswich in the semis. Of course it could all swap round on Saturday... Ipswich could even still finish 7th!

If the table stays the same it'll be Norwich v Ipswich in the semis. Of course it could all swap round on Saturday... Ipswich could even still finish 7th!

Indeed... But what a match if it was Ipswich vs Norwich...