• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Our group was never going to be easy despite people saying it was on paper, this isn't the same United as a few years ago. Our own fault though, the draw against PSV really did us in. There are not enough risk takers in the side, which I think is down to LVG as it's against his 'philosophy'. Something must change, I don't think we were this boring under Moyes.

League position is good but only helped by teams around us dropping lots of points too.

Our group was never going to be easy despite people saying it was on paper, this isn't the same United as a few years ago. Our own fault though, the draw against PSV really did us in. There are not enough risk takers in the side, which I think is down to LVG as it's against his 'philosophy'. Something must change, I don't think we were this boring under Moyes.

League position is good but only helped by teams around us dropping lots of points too.

We need a player to fill in roles we once had such as Giggs and Scholes. Schniederlin ,from what I can see, is Scholes long term replacement. Yea he's a good player but he isn't the same. Herrera I can see being Giggs replacement, but he needs to play more. LVG has obviously taken a liking to Schwienstiger, who has not been up to standards of I'm honest, but we need to play Herrera who is mid-twenties over Schwienstiger,31. Don't get me started on the fact we need someone who can actually score.

Rafa Benitez finally in a job befitting a man who made Djimi Traore a champions League winner. The club he supports too Shame the fascists will sack him after 12 months but I'm made up for him.

Turns out he lasted six :p

We were pretty dire, yet got through at the last minute. I'm happy we're through, but not happy with how we won. Sheffield United deserved a replay against us.

Ha you won't see the 5th round then

CWmtnh0WoAUv_kw.jpg

Norwich finally get some decent signings!

Norwich have signed forward Steven Naismith from Everton and Defender Timm Klose from VFL Wolfsburg

Don't quite understand how MUFC have become so bad, I just don't get it.

Hoping Leicester go on to win the league but think it'll come down to Arsenal/Man City in April/May time. Spurs could challenge but think with EL and FA Cup they'll have too many games too quickly to keep up.

I cannot quite believe that we are 3 points clear at the top of the league going into February! Although I would still snap your hand off for a top 4 finish.

These last few seasons for us have been the most remarkable drama you could ask for in football! Play-off heartbreak, dominating the Championship, the great Premier League escape and now this. Wow!

:D

Don't quite understand how MUFC have become so bad, I just don't get it.
You and me both. Dare I say it, but I think we were playing much better last season. I don't know why things have just changed like this. The start to the season was promising, but now it's just fallen by the wayside. Something's gotta give, and I have a feeling it could be Derby on Friday night.

And Rob - you'd better win the league. I've got money on it. :p

Apologies for double-posting. :p

Well, I'm very happy with tonight's result. Borthwick-Jackson and Varela were particularly impressive. Best we've played for some time, but we made some major mistakes, particularly in the run-up to Derby's equaliser. Still - the most important thing is that we're in the draw for the 5th round.