• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Roy Hodgson will announce the 23-man England squad today. Delph is already out due to an injury so I think the remaining two will be between Drinkwater, Townsend and Barkley. Due to Sturridge's injury concerns I think he and Rashford are both in.

I am concerned about the centre-back situation. Cahill is nursing an ongoing problem and Dier's own goal on Friday didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Good old Woy!
  • Wilshire spends the entire season injured and starts one game for Arsenal - gos to Euros.
  • Sturridge spends a large majority of the season injured - gos to Euros.
  • Henderson has an injury hit season in an under performing Liverpool team - gos to Euros.
  • Rashford makes a great impact at United, gets a call up (would never have happened if he made the same impact for say Swansea or West Brom), scores within a few minutes of debut and immediately goes to the Euros.
  • Drinkwater plays almost every minute of a Premier League title winning season putting in brilliant performances - left at home.
Where is the logic in that selection? The FA and Hodgson are clueless, the bias towards the so called big teams is laughable. We'll make it out of the group but I can't see us doing much more than that.

:)

As usual I'll be spending this international tournament hoping all the Liverpool players get mild injuries in the first game and come home in time for preseason, and wondering why other club's fans don't think the same.

Sturridge and wilshire are terrible picks imo
We have enough attacking options in Rooney,Vardy,Kane and Rashford to leave a half fit player at home where have history of taking unfit players and it backfiring.
Drinkwater should have been included and I bet he's livid

Don't know how anyone can't agree with Sturridge being taken, he's been consistently fit for about 3-4 months now and is miles better than Rashford and Rooney. If he's been fit all season he's of scored 20+. Wilshire over Drinkwater is an awful decision though.

I'm not surprised at Roy leaving out Drinkwater. Not saying I agree with it but back in March I think it was he basically said Wilshere is going to the Euros if fit. I personally feel that leaving out Townsend is more of an issue as we are very thin on the wings. Townsend would have at least brought something different.

I would have left Wilshere and Barkley. Roy is so predictable.

Think Antonio from West Ham should of gone ahead of Wilshire, certainly a better option on the wing than Townsend.

Townsend will not have been picked because Newcastle were relegated, even if he scored goals and was effective for the last few months.

He also has a fair bit of England experience, unlike a lot of them.

Euro 2016 begins tomorrow and I have created a predictor league on the BBC website. You just need to register and join the league using the following link:

http://bbc.in/1WHax2c
PIN: wu8aut

I just quickly did a predictor for the whole tournament and have France lifting the cup after beating Portugal in the final. England go out in the quarters, Wales eliminated in the RO16, and Ireland and Northern Ireland go out at group stage.

Euro 2016 begins tomorrow and I have created a predictor league on the BBC website. You just need to register and join the league using the following link:

http://bbc.in/1WHax2c
PIN: wu8aut

I just quickly did a predictor for the whole tournament and have France lifting the cup after beating Portugal in the final. England go out in the quarters, Wales eliminated in the RO16, and Ireland and Northern Ireland go out at group stage.
joined (my username is "draytonmanorfan")!

Anyone else watch the first game? Really enjoyed it! Payet is an incredible footballer though :O