• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Well ive joined the league. Love a bit of FF each season to make some games more interesting

Liverpool need to find goals again this season else they will struggle, top 3 will be City Chelsea and Utd. Everyone else fight it out, Arsenal need a new manager lol

Got my Wrexham season ticket and we'll see you all in the prem in 5 years (Arsenal fans we'll see you in 2 years:p)

To be fair it's been chaos already :D
  • Getting a season ticket is pretty much the only way you can guarantee you'll get to the big games. I'm used to just rolling up last minute, not anymore!
  • We're down to 2 stands for the first few games, season tickets haven't been sent out and won't be ready for the first game.
  • We have a free friendly today for ST only, only half the tickets have been sent out, for those who have them it looks like they have been made with macaroni and glitter.
  • Our first game has been cancelled due to COVID (or possibly due to Yeovil having 13 players and the Chairman has gone AWOL.
  • First game re-arranged to an away game against tough opposition and we haven't completed our midfield. I've gone from reasonably confident of a win to 50-50.
  • No official guidance on mask wearing, I'll be wearing mine as often as possible but I imagine most won't. (In fairness I only deem club shop, toilets, concourse and turnstiles as necessity. In the stand, not soo much.)
Still its going to be great to see a game after 18 months :)

I keep joining the FF leagues, setup a team and then never touch it ever again :D

Good weekend to be a Chelsea fan, Lukaku signing, beating CP 3-0, having a friendly and beating them 13-0 and then some players look like they are on their way out too

I saw some Weymouth fans whining at the Chelsea "development" squad containing Kepa, Thiago Silva, Amapdu, Barkley, Hudson-odoi & Chilwell amongst others :D

well-done-hes13.gif

I don't think I have ever been as downbeat about football as I am at the moment - and that is saying something after the least decade. The gulf in spending between the majority and the top few seems bigger than ever, and you're quite literally trying to stay afloat before even kicking a ball.

The arbitration nonsense regarding Newcastle United continues to punish only the club's fans, the money that isn't being spent by a club which has far greater capacity than what appears, and the general picture of the league. The market value of my club is now in the lowest third in the league, as the entire operation has been very much (and consciously) downsized in the last 15 years.

If the Premier League trophy doesn't go back to Manchester it will be some sort of miracle, whilst the rest of us just itch around for scraps down the back of the sofa.

Level playing field? I mean, it's never going to be but at the moment it's more of a cliff.

Saying all of this, you could be a Arsenal fan.

I really dont think Ronaldo will be ripping up the prem as he did in the 2000s - Hes 36 now and yes he is still as fit as a fiddle, but the legs will be slowing down no matter what, he has matured as a player and whilst he is still world quality he's been in 2 slower leagues. I hope im wrong, Id love to see him do well even though im not a united fan, but I think a lot of Utd fans are expecting the same Ronaldo that was taking on Half a team and scoring

As a United fan myself I know we won't see Ronaldo bombing down the wing and leaving defenders on their arses like he used to. I watched him a lot in Serie A and of course he has adapted his game and is clearly a different type of player now. I think the mentality he brings will give the side a big boost. He is obsessed with winning and that type of mentality is infectious. Of course he'll also bring goals (a guarantee, really) and his presence will probably grant other players more space as defenders will be aware of just how dangerous he is in and around the box.

United are still in desperate need of a CDM and tempo-setter, but at least there is more depth in that attack and defence now.

As a United fan myself I know we won't see Ronaldo bombing down the wing and leaving defenders on their arses like he used to. I watched him a lot in Serie A and of course he has adapted his game and is clearly a different type of player now. I think the mentality he brings will give the side a big boost. He is obsessed with winning and that type of mentality is infectious. Of course he'll also bring goals (a guarantee, really) and his presence will probably grant other players more space as defenders will be aware of just how dangerous he is in and around the box.

United are still in desperate need of a CDM and tempo-setter, but at least there is more depth in that attack and defence now.

Declan Rice was the one signing they should have made this year

Mo salah has turned up yet again tonight against Athletico. A very tough away game and he gets 2 vital goals including the winner. With the brilliant form he's in is there really anyone better in the world right now? I personally think he's the best player at the moment and it's great to see him in the form of his life