• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

I hope Greenwood rots in jail if what's come out is true.

Apparently at United he was extremely selfish and thought he was the biggest player there

If he's charged and later found guilty of sexual assault or rape then they'll likely have no choice but to send him down. Could probably get away with no prison for just an assault charge but if the alleged sexual assault/rape is found to be true then he's not gonna be having a good time.

I can't speak for all United fans, but I'd like to think that the vast majority of us want MG nowhere near the club in any capacity at any point in the future. This kind of behaviour is completely appalling and unacceptable, and if anybody thinks it can be justified, then they need to take a very serious look at themselves.

I can't speak for all United fans, but I'd like to think that the vast majority of us want MG nowhere near the club in any capacity at any point in the future. This kind of behaviour is completely appalling and unacceptable, and if anybody thinks it can be justified, then they need to take a very serious look at themselves.

I wonder if most United fans take the same stance on Cirstiano Ronaldo? He was not charged, as the claims could not "be proven beyond reasonable doubt" (source) but the allegations are extemely serious and it is strange that he paid $375,000 to stop them going public in 2010.

I wonder if most United fans take the same stance on Cirstiano Ronaldo? He was not charged, as the claims could not "be proven beyond reasonable doubt" (source) but the allegations are extemely serious and it is strange that he paid $375,000 to stop them going public in 2010.
I have to admit that's rather iffy in my view. The frustrating thing is that generally, United fans either don't know about this allegation regarding Ronaldo, or they just don't care. I'm not sure which is worse.

I've always felt a bit iffy about the Ronaldo case. It's a hell of a messy case and we can only judge on what we know and the truth is not really a lot. Honestly, I don't know what I believe about it.

Greenwood's case is different in that there's evidence shared widely online. Yes, there IS the possibility he's been framed/set up, but so far this case seems a lot more clear cut if that makes sense? Personally, I want Greenwood out of the club.

I don't know anyone will care, but my club Raith Rovers have utterly disgraced themselves and I feel horrible that a club that means much to my indenty and one of the few things that has/was gave me some pride in my hometown.

I feel gutted, shamed and lost over what has happened becoming a pariah by many here. I'm honestly in tears as I write this, sorry. :cry:

I don't know anyone will care, but my club Raith Rovers have utterly disgraced themselves and I feel horrible that a club that means much to my indenty and one of the few things that has/was gave me some pride in my hometown.

I feel gutted, shamed and lost over what has happened becoming a pariah by many here. I'm honestly in tears as I write this, sorry. :cry:
You've no need to apologise, my friend. I think any sane person is with you on this.

But hey, they want to focus on his football skills...
and the fact that he was really cheap for some reason.
Cut his balls off, play football with them.

Good news. Your club have done a U-turn and decided that he will not be selected and they will enter into discussions about his contract. Could cost you a bit of money now though...

Good news. Your club have done a U-turn and decided that he will not be selected and they will enter into discussions about his contract. Could cost you a bit of money now though...
For the best, but God a lot of healing will have to be done now.

The BoD members who pushed this through should resign for this debacle and in fact is only the latest of a list of blunders they've made over the years, this is hopefully the last straw.

Just looking at it on BBC, the player in question is not actually a convicted rapist. He just lost a civil case which has a much lower burden of proof. The judge ruled that the woman was too drunk to give meaningful consent.

Not really sure how you can make judgements in these type of cases which is probably why it was only a civil case.

I am not trying to defend the footballer in question, its just an observation.

Well it's FA Cup day again.

Kidderminster are beating West Ham! This will take the pressure off Man Untied.

At least Chelsea are managing to draw with Plymouth...

That's the way Matty!
Ten out of ten mate.
Did watch the Kidderminster match on a recording, but it ran out in extra time!
Hiding now till match of the day.

Just looking at it on BBC, the player in question is not actually a convicted rapist. He just lost a civil case which has a much lower burden of proof. The judge ruled that the woman was too drunk to give meaningful consent.

Not really sure how you can make judgements in these type of cases which is probably why it was only a civil case.

I am not trying to defend the footballer in question, its just an observation.

my thought entirely on this. There was no criminal prosecution. Whilst he’s clearly not whiter than white, surely it’s wrong for him to be treated as a criminal?

What Mr Greenwood is accused of however….