• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

"Man Untied"...good one Matty, and entirely appropriate!
On the matter of the rapist, I have sadly been personally involved in a number of civil cases, the "more likely than not" standard is still a very significant hurdle, believe me.
The judge has to be pretty much convinced that the incident happened as stated to give an award in such a significant case
Rape cases in the criminal courts have long been extremely tricky to prosecute.
Many many rapists get away with it.
Very few get convicted.
Edit...just googled.
The level of prosecutions and convictions for rape is at the lowest level on record, despite increased reports to the police of rape.
Guardian 2020

In a lighter note the draw for the next round has been made.

Sadly Norwich are away to either Liverpool or Cardiff

Depending on who you believe, the yellow is to honour the local Mustard company Colemans...or the colours are to celebrate the large numbers of canaries traditionally bred in the area.
Take you pick.
My best mate is all east angular, and I find the teams yoyoing the leagues most entertaining.
They have gone up and down more often than Rooneys underpants.

I watched the cup of nations final last night here are my thoughts from it
  • Salah got caught in possession a lot, he is good with a good team around him, but with an average team he looks lost
  • Mane and a few of the Senegal players were diving so much, Mane could have been sent off for diving multiple times
  • Toward the end of the game, Mandy looked shaky - I wonder if Chelsea will stick him straight back in or keep Kepa for the CWC

Depending on who you believe, the yellow is to honour the local Mustard company Colemans...or the colours are to celebrate the large numbers of canaries traditionally bred in the area.
Take you pick.
My best mate is all east angular, and I find the teams yoyoing the leagues most entertaining.
They have gone up and down more often than Rooneys underpants.

Always wondered where the nickname came from

So Kurt Zouma is a massive scumbag.

Genuinely surprised as he seemed a rare likeable footballer when he was at Chelsea. Hope the PETA nutters get hold of his address and he never plays football again in this country tbh.

I said to my mates earlier that im glad he isn't a Chelsea player anymore. Liked him when he was there but now he can rot in Ligue 2

While Zouma is a massive **** and deserves to be severely punished, I'm just as disappointed with West Ham and David Moyes' response. Premeditated animal abuse which probably wasn't the first case of it? Sure, you're in the starting 11 tonight.

Pretty sure if a video emerged of me abusing animals I'd be handed my P45.

France have strict rules about nationals breaking laws whilst in other countries - he could face unto 4 years in prison

Ironic that people claim to care so much about animal cruelty, yet couldn't care less that the meat they eat comes from animals that have been slaughtered for it

Reactions: D4n
Ironic that people claim to care so much about animal cruelty, yet couldn't care less that the meat they eat comes from animals that have been slaughtered for it

This has nothing to do with football, but there is a difference between cruelty to a domestic pet and eating an animal that has been farmed for that purpose.

But let's not go down that route, as this is a thread about the wonderful game!

In the current circumstances, should we put Boris in as Chelsea owner and manager, and the lovely Jacob Rees-Mogg in goal?
That'll teach 'em.

Typically Wales will (hopefully) qualify for Qatar and play England in a Sham WC. The prospect of Wales vs USA is also interesting with the new Wrexham owners.

Speaking of which we're going to Wemberlleeeeee. 🎵 Que Sera Sera 🎵

Hopefully we do better than our last visit of losing to North Ferriby and then sacking our manager the next day. I was on the Smiler steps when we find out, always an odd memory when running up there.

Seems our new leader is happy to be in the town again...

FB_IMG_1648967181616.jpg

Surreal!