• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

I reckon Wales will struggle against them

Happy to eat humble pie but I think we'll be fine. Scotlands finishing let them down, especially the McGinn header. I think Ward can pull off a few of those Gordon saves we'll need on the counter too!

Given we rested our first team against Poland, I'm sure the fresher legs will tell in the second half.

I'd finally say we have a good kix of youth, experience and blend of composure with pace. Our 2016 team had team spirit but we have built a team since with better technical ability. I'm hoping Sorba Thomas and Brennan Johnson get on the pitch as we need to start moving past Bale/Ramsey/Allen after this year.

Nobody ready to discuss England's performance yet 😜?

And Wales end 64 years of hurt...you are off to the World Cup. Feel bad for Ukraine though, feel like the whole world was willing them on and now Wales will have to play the pantomime villains for the World Cup. Will be nice to see another Home Nation at a WC though that isn't just England.

It seems mental to think we'll finally be at the World Cup. Every 4 years I've had to pick a different team to follow (usually the ones I've bet on) but finally I can follow my own. Ukraine were amazing and probably the better team but once again we proved we can defend when needed. They definitely should have had a penalty but I'll take it.

November 29 will be a great day and I hope we can finally put our England hoodoo to bed by summoning the spirit of the Wales 1984 team.

I've often joked that we should host a WC as it was out inky chance of qualifying. Thankfully I've been proven wrong and Rob Page needs to be given the job full time now.

International friendlies at the end of a long season are completely and utterly pointless. England play Germany this week and I couldn't care less.

Great result for Wales last night!
These aren't international friendlies though? It's the Nation's League.

Its a joke of a tournament when you consider that last summer was the delayed Euros, then the world cup later this year and the season starts earlier. Give the players a break before another long season.

This is just another money maker for Uefa etc

What a result for England last night, and not in a good way. Can't say I was too disappointed to be honest, I know Southgate has done a pretty good job but I'm fed up with his lousy decision making.

Yesterday he played Conor Gallagher in the position that James Maddison thrives in. Maddison's stats last season were all better than Gallagher's, and he ended the season as one of the form players in the league. No idea what Southgate's problem with him is, simply refuses to include him in squads.

Southgate is a boring yes man who is scared of having anyone who isn't one of his goody goody favourites in the starting 11 too often in-case they start to question him, which they should be doing. I've been against his appointment pretty much from the start. He's got some weird love-in with Mount and Sterling which is very strange.

What Barcelona are doing is morally wrong

Already in 1.3 billion debt, mortgage future income to the hilt and spending obscene money on signings

Should be banned.

An La Liga have the cheek to call out PSG and Man City

I hope they fail miserably and are forced to go through the anguish of clubs like Bury and Macclesfield.....clubs Barca could have saved easily by donating one games gate receipts

None of these new players can be registered unless they start selling, if I were other clubs I would just sit back and watch. Players not getting wages, players not being able to be registered, if teams hold their nerve there could be a few cut prices at the end of the transfer window, if not a lot of free agents when they finally go under.

Supposedly Bayern demanded the money up front for Lewendowski because they don't believe Barca will be around to pay the whole thing in instalments

It's complicated and I won't pretend that I understand all of the details, but in essence I think Barca recently consolidated a load of their massive debt into one payment over a longer period of time, which has given them a little more room for manoevre than they had a year ago (for example). However, they still have big problems because they need to qualify and do well in the Champions League to afford to service their debt, but that means having to spend large amounts on players/contracts to ensure that they can do so. If they try to survive on a shoestring budget then they may not qualify for the Champions League money and therefore wouldn't be able to service that debt. That's the general situation to my understanding.
In a perfect world they'll fail to make the Champions League and will continue to not be able to service their debt, which will force them to suffer long term consequences. They deserve nothing better as how they've been operating has been financially immoral and way beyond their means. I used to like them but I now view them as scum. No wonder they were so desperate for the Euro Superleague with its guaranteed income every year.

None of these players they are singing are world class talents, with the exception of Lewendowski, who has turned 33... You put them against a City, Real, PSG team, they aren't going to win. It's a dangerous strategy and one which I think will be their demise.

I personally would have said to the fans, look we are in this situation, we need to rebuild and pay off our debts but we wont be competitive for a few years, but once we have done this we can be challenging for more titles. Instead its a very all of the eggs in one basket situation

I personally would have said to the fans, look we are in this situation, we need to rebuild and pay off our debts but we wont be competitive for a few years, but once we have done this we can be challenging for more titles. Instead its a very all of the eggs in one basket situation
That's exactly what I said on another forum a few days ago.