• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

Thanks @Craig, yeah as soon as I saw tickets for the Portsmouth game sell out just four days after going on sale to season ticket holders (and four days before general sale) I knew the chance of me getting tickets to the Barnsley game is basically nil. It's a shame, as I've never been to an away match (or sat behind the goal for that matter) and a local one would be a good start as it's easy to get to. I'll keep an eye on it though, just in case.

Ive got a ticket to the game, going with 3 others, Ive just booked train tickets from sheff to Barnsley and they are £2.40 each :tearsofjoy:

Cheapest train ticket ive ever brought

Ive got a ticket to the game, going with 3 others, Ive just booked train tickets from sheff to Barnsley and they are £2.40 each :tearsofjoy:

Cheapest train ticket ive ever brought
Well it's not that far from Sheffield to Barnsley by train. And it's Northern Rail too. Tickets don't appear to have sold out yet, so I'm holding out hope.

Hopefully pal. Probably be 0-0 though now
Ipswich are catching up now so we really need to keep our winning streak going for as long as we can. The gap between us and and third is 5 points now because we weren't playing yesterday. Just 13 games left now for us!

As expected, away tickets for the Barnsley game have sold out before us poor sods got a look in. I've requested to join the reserve list but they'll probably prioritise those with a high number of ticket priority points again.

And this, boys and girls, is how you respond to humiliation.
Yet you still managed to let the rather useless Ayoze Perez score against you! 🤣
Its the same for others, totally unfair way of distributing tickets.
All clubs (that I know of) use a priority scheme when it comes to away tickets. It does make it very difficult for fans who would like to start going to away games to get tickets to the games they want. I'm lucky at Leicester as I've been going to away games since we were in League 1 over the course of that and following seasons in the Championship were able to built up enough points to be in the top priority band. I can see why it may seem unfair, but I think it would be more unfair not to reward fans loyalty. Leicester do offer a members ballot for away games which is a certain percentage of the away allocation.

What is rather unfair at Leicester for example though is that our away tickets never go on general sale, even if the game has not sold out. You have to pay to be a member to get access to any away tickets. All in the name of money making.

Yet you still managed to let the rather useless Ayoze Perez score against you! 🤣

All clubs (that I know of) use a priority scheme when it comes to away tickets. It does make it very difficult for fans who would like to start going to away games to get tickets to the games they want. I'm lucky at Leicester as I've been going to away games since we were in League 1 over the course of that and following seasons in the Championship were able to built up enough points to be in the top priority band. I can see why it may seem unfair, but I think it would be more unfair not to reward fans loyalty. Leicester do offer a members ballot for away games which is a certain percentage of the away allocation.

What is rather unfair at Leicester for example though is that our away tickets never go on general sale, even if the game has not sold out. You have to pay to be a member to get access to any away tickets. All in the name of money making.
At Wednesday home tickets are also released in phases according to how many TPP you have, although unlike away tickets it's not just limited to season ticket holders. And Ows and Owls Foundation members also miss out on away tickets too as they're the last group to get access before general sale.

This has been the case at Forest for a number of years (the paid membership) but it was always capped at 2,500 members until this season, and some games did go to general sale.

However, upon promotion, they decided to then increase the membership to 5,000 and do it in a two-tiered system. Those who went to 18+ away games last season are in the upper tier (around 400) and are guaranteed access to a ticket regardless of whether they want it or not. That leaves the remaining 4,600 members to fight it out after that. The away allocation in the prem is 3,000 or 10% of capacity, depending on the size of the stadium, so 4,600 people have to fight it out over the remaining 2,600 (or less, depending on the ground (Bournemouth, Fulham, Palace, Brentford)). I hate the system so much, it's just pure greed. I did 11 away games last season, which was a fair effort, due to other commitments. Now it's just luck of the draw for the most part.

I agree that it's fair to reward loyalty, but to move the criteria so much, and by such drastic terms, was a terrible move and it was done for pure greed.