• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Football Discussion

John Terry. The gift that keeps on giving.

Worst thing though is that all the cringewrothy photoshops from last year will be making a return.

Yeah but

BKVdeN9CcAAUocs.jpg

Why is it only Terry that people mention. What about the other players who went up for the trophy that weren't on the bench but were in full kit? Jamal Blackman, Hilario... What about Rooney when United celebrated the title win on Saturday...in full kit yet not on the bench?

Somehow I doubt though, being a double European champion, that he cares about fans of Liverpool mocking him celebrating in kit as captain of the club.

Alastair said:
Why is it only Terry that people mention. What about the other players who went up for the trophy that weren't on the bench but were in full kit? Jamal Blackman, Hilario... What about Rooney when United celebrated the title win on Saturday...in full kit yet not on the bench?

Somehow I doubt though, being a double European champion, that he cares about fans of Liverpool mocking him celebrating in kit as captain of the club.

WHAT???????

I take offence. :p

Alastair said:
What about Rooney when United celebrated the title win on Saturday...in full kit yet not on the bench?

Actually I have seen people mocking him for that

Adam said:
Alastair said:

WHAT???????

I take offence. :p

Your comments were reserved. But if it makes you any happier:

*and Everton

:)

TedTheHuman said:
Alastair said:
What about Rooney when United celebrated the title win on Saturday...in full kit yet not on the bench?

Actually I have seen people mocking him for that

I haven't. And that's telling considering I've seen about a hundred comments about Terry already.

The whole country is laughing at him.

And it's not like it was a one off, this is the second time. And the media doesn't finger itself over Rooney the way do with Captain bloody Lionheart.

Blaze said:
The whole country is laughing at him.

And it's not like it was a one off, this is the second time. And the media doesn't finger itself over Rooney the way do with Captain bloody Lionheart.

They can laugh all they like, it's completely moot. He's a multi-millionaire who's won everything possible with his club at the top level of football, and earns more in a week than those that are laughing will earn in 5 years.

You can ignore the fact that every other Chelsea player was in their full kit bar Hazard (every squad player even those that were on the bench), it only makes you look more bitter and delusional.

Alastair said:
He's a multi-millionaire who's won everything possible with his club at the top level of football, and earns more in a week than those that are laughing will earn in 5 years.
Oh, in that case, all hail King Terry! He earns more than me, so he must be a great person, and the only reason I don't earn as much is because I'm a feckless commoner who doesn't try. VIVA CAPITALISM!

It's the fact he's done it a SECOND time as well, and with shin pads haha! He's a terrible human (affairs, racism, 9/11 incident etc) and ultimately selfish. Could have won the CL in 2008 had he let an established penalty taker have it but he wanted all the glory.

It's classless.

And on top of that, Chelsea fans now going on about how they're the Kings of Europe?! It's embarrassing, especially given the CL campaign (statistically the worst defence of the CL in history). 2 more days and their stupid chant will stop.

I'm not bitter, as a United fan I'd much rather have the League than the Mickey Mouse Cup of Europe.

Have to give Rafa Benitez credit. He and the players deserve credit, the fans are a disgrace however, STILL not satisfied. Di Matteo led them to 6th last season, Benitez got them into CL, won a cup and got to a semi.

EDIT: 9 more days of their stupid chant, thought the final was this weekend, gutted!

Alastair said:

Surely over the course of the season Rooney had played a major role in their winning of the title (one example would be that pass to Van Persie the night they actually won the title)... Not like he didn't play all season...

Only dropped because Ferguson never took crap from anyone and he's being a petulant child again...

Terry is scum, hence he suits the majority of Chelsea's fanbase these days... Got to feel for Benetiz considering the immense amount of crap he got over the year from people, but he fulfilled the specs of his stay at the minimum... Could he have done better? Probably, but considering that club is a circus anyway...

Play-off finals start this weekend... Much more interesting...

Benzin said:
Alastair said:

Surely over the course of the season Rooney had played a major role in their winning of the title (one example would be that pass to Van Persie the night they actually won the title)... Not like he didn't play all season...

Only dropped because Ferguson never took crap from anyone and he's being a petulant child again...

Terry is scum, hence he suits the majority of Chelsea's fanbase these days... Got to feel for Benetiz considering the immense amount of crap he got over the year from people, but he fulfilled the specs of his stay at the minimum... Could he have done better? Probably, but considering that club is a circus anyway...

Play-off finals start this weekend... Much more interesting...

Terry played in every Europa League game through to the final bar one I think.

He did indeed...

I think the main issue is looking at this relegation from the 'Champions' League to the Europa League... Way too much reward for failure in football these days, but that's because of the ridiculous amount of money involved... Shame cos one thing I like about the Europa tournament is that you can get the 'smaller' clubs (in terms of their countries in some cases, they cannot be termed as small, but in comparison to the overall table, they are) get forward through an interesting and varied tournament... Then the failures from the Champs come in and get a further chance for silverware...

That aside, what doesn't help Terry is his overall demeanour, which was certainly extended after the Ferdinand situation... He's basically Suarez as in everyone bar his own club's fans seem to hate him because he's a pillock at the best of times... Unfortunately most footballers these days are pillocks...

On the plus side, play-off final tickets came today... Don't care for the result since the real match happened on Monday, but the £120 odd million that could come as a result of one season (resulting in relegation) would be a potential goldmine for Palace to use in building a new infrastructure which could take the club slightly further...

A difference 3 years makes in football...

My play-off tickets arrived too! Only im a Bradford fan unbelievably returning to Wembley again, and this time I do care about the result and im very nervous. When Bradford played Swansea it was just a day out, celebrating a crazy achievement... but this time we are in with a chance.

Interesting that the 'Terry is a millionaire footballer so is better than you' defence was also used yesterday by Joey Barton when he claimed to be a better person with better genes than all of us who have never assaulted anyone or got a brother in prison for a racist murder with an axe.