• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

(Football Shirt) Mini Meet - Sunday 28th April

IanB

TS Member
Morning All

Just wondered if anyone fancied coming along to Alton Towers for the day, to celebrate the end of the Football League season and prepare for the final weekend in the Championship by wearing there teams football top for the day :) If its to cold, scarfs will be fine :)

Non-Football fans are more than welcome to come, its just an idea to do something a little different :)

Ian

IanB said:
Morning All

Just wondered if anyone fancied coming along to Alton Towers for the day, to celebrate the end of the Football League season and prepare for the final weekend in the Championship by wearing there teams football top for the day :) If its to cold, scarfs will be fine :)

Non-Football fans are more than welcome to come, its just an idea to do something a little different :)

Ian

Wearing the red and blue, Ian? =)

Yep, its always fun walking round park, and cheering when you see someone in the same colours. Me and Rob did this a few summers ago, and it was quite funny, and always good when they cheered back :)

Just something a little different to mark the end of the season, and I think I will try and organise another (Football Shirt) Mini Meet for the start of next season when it will be a bit warmer :)

Ian

I got attacked by the water canons on the rapids by some guys in united shirts...me n the mrs were wearing Bolton shirts...

I'll be there in my finest Stone Island and Millwall top. #NoSurrender #Casuals #WeekendOffender. ;)

I'm now coming to this thanks to the kindness of IanB!

No football shirt though!

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

No worries, everyone is more than welcome to come, whether you have a footy shirt or not :)

Hopefully it wont be to cold, but who knows, there could be some testing taking place of The Smiler if we are lucky :)

Ian

I might be there, depends on how revision is going! Will try my best to be!

:)

It wont be the same without the Foxes being represented, but I understand how important revision is, and that it has to come before Theme Parks.

Plenty of time to enjoy Alton Towers once you have finished all your exams :)

Ian

I really would like to come to this, however trains are awful from my end on a Sunday. Is anyone driving from the Newark/Lincoln way and fancies a buddy tagging along? :)

Buses are one of the main reasons Im finding it hard to go on Sundays this year. They are rubbish at the best of time, but now they are overcrowded with staff, its even worse.

If The Smiler ends up testing tomorrow, then I'm up for this. However I'm a bit poor right now and wondering if anybody my way would be willing to pick me up and drop me off?

I'll try to pop along in the afternoon. Alot to do this weekend, but it would be nice to get some freash air. :/