• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

It really depends what you mean by 'more'.

We already know about three separate construction projects occurring in Forbidden Valley - Nemesis, the new shop and the replacement arcade. So that's quite a lot going on already.

There is potential for some additional work however. There is potential for either a food and beverage refresh, or a new flat on Ripsaw's site. Neither of those would require planning permission, so could appear without prior notice.

I think at this point we can rule out any significant changes at the Galactica end of the site though. The Galactica upgrade did require planning permission, so I think we would have seen something by now if they had anything major planned down there.

I'm thinking two things. An additional flat and preparation for future expansions. We know they've look at the area for another coaster before, so why not after Horizon?

It makes sense to upgrade infrastructure now as opposed to having to do it again in 5 years....

Just my opinion.

I can think of two things happening:

A) The signs are being replaced for new ones due to more money being flung at FV, so they might be making Galactica more presentable for the increased foot traffic they're expecting that end of the park.

B) Whilst I doubt it, they might be re-theming Galactica again, maybe back to Air, or maybe something else to fit in with the new Nemesis takeover of FV.

Although, it is interesting to see what AT/MMM are doing, if this was intentional... Which IMO it doesn't seem to be, seems to be storm damage.

I don't see a Galactica retheming personally, but I hope they take the opportunity to clean up the track and station, and fix the audio in the queue lines and surrounding areas. The whole thing is just shabby and feels completely unloved

Its been unloved since the novelty of Air wore off. VR was a disaster now it's just a ride they don't know what to do with.

If all the signs are coming down then It’s certainly more curious (though not a guarantee of a retheme.

Though really to return it to Air is not exactly a big job, the only thing that changed was the portal and the music. The station was enclosed but you could keep that with a return to Air anyway.

The plywood being used to encase the bridge needs to be removed, it was falling apart anyway and doesn't really serve a purpose. Just opening up the station back to how it was for Air and removing other redundant infrastructure would significantly improve the presentation of the ride.

I mean, whilst I don't think they could do this without a planning application. Imagine if they tried to re-theme Galactica back to the concept art version of Air, maybe changing a few things about it like keeping the station as it is but... Just imagine!

From memory the bits missing from the concept is the waterfall and ponds. Fairly sure implementing those wouldn’t require planning permission as it’s minor landscaping but I might be wrong.