• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

Got to laugh, one minute all is loving the work and one comment later that says its not good then everyone hates it.
There’s praise for the Nemesis site/area and criticism/concern for Forbidden Valley as a whole. Both different things. I think the majority of views in here have been quite consistent.

Hopefully there’s some dressing up of buildings and additional theming around the area rather than everything being covered with black paint.

It‘s very easy to get into a bit of a negativity spiral over closed season when the truth is none of us have any idea what the finished products going to look like. I certainly have a couple reservations right now but there’s still a long ways to go until the project is actually complete. If it gets to a week before opening and all the buildings still look bland I’ll gladly say it’s crap, but I’m pretty happy to let them cook in the meantime.

Got to laugh, one minute all is loving the work and one comment later that says its not good then everyone hates it.
Not me, just a cursory look back shows that I've been consistent throughout. I've always disliked the thematic direction of this project, as you'll know well, and I still do. It's black, it's tacky, it's samey, and it's naff.

Last edited:
For the story’s sake I get it….
However in my own view from the beginning is that updates should have complemented the existing theming.

There was a world where they could have added additional theming, changed the colour of the station and kept everything else as was with complimentary upgrades/TLC/new theming. Rather than trying to transform the area to something completely different.

It confuses me more as I get they are trying to get their moneys worth but the general day visitor will still see this nemesis as the same old nemesis. It’s not tricking anybody..

However I applaud the way they have done it, they’ve managed to completely change nemesis in all but ride experience without any uproar/upset. It’s been drip fed to hide the amount of change done to the area.

A lot of the shiny retheme may have come about in response to a lot of the general public complaining that the area seemed dirty, without getting that it was intentional.

I think it's to early to judge it given we've seen little more than the paint job so far.

A lot of the shiny retheme may have come about in response to a lot of the general public complaining that the area seemed dirty, without getting that it was intentional.

I think it's to early to judge it given we've seen little more than the paint job so far.
Agreed, it's best that we wait and see what we'll see of FV when it reopens with the rest of AT this coming season.

Huh, I personally really have no clue what to expect although I do hope they add more details to the theme rather than just black buildings. Actually I'm suprised Sub Terra hasn't had black paint added to it yet.

Goodness people have complex opinions on a large scale retheme and opinions may fluctuate…. Shocking!

I was iffy when it was first known the track was black and the retheme was more extensive, once the track was on site I quite liked the new look, the station changes seem positive but the black building as they stand look a bit naff, but who knows more might be added and my opinion will change.

Time will tell but this is a discussion forum so people will discuss what’s posted….

Huh, I personally really have no clue what to expect although I do hope they add more details to the theme rather than just black buildings. Actually I'm suprised Sub Terra hasn't had black paint added to it yet.

I think the work on the Nemesis creature itself is good and I am looking forward to seeing it completed.

The new track paint job has grown on me.

I think what we have seen of the updates to FV (so far) are really disappointing as its literally just slapping black paint on 20-30 year old buildings/features that were made specifically for the previous iteration of the theme.

I am disappointed that it seems as though they are leaning into one of the typical Merlinisms of raiding scrapyards for old vehicles/shipping containers and shoving them in as ‘theming’ instead of actually putting in, well, theming.

We are only being occasionally drip fed updates, so of course people are going to comment on those individual updates, and opinions may be different each time. Thats ok, its a discussion forum not an echo chamber :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like a less claustrophobic Dark Forest to me. I'm worried those black tin cans will stay the same and they will just have red vines draped over them to pass as Nemesis tentacles.

We're still months away but I do feel a little worried, Gloomy Wood was done well as there wasn't all that much to be overhauled. Forbidden Valley however is much larger and they're seemingly abandoning the "Rustcore" aesthetic by removing existing structures and purging survivors with black.

If that rumour of an additional helicopter is true, it needs to be much more extravagant than the one plonked within the Nemesis layout.

As soon as the new track started going in, I remarked on how jarring and out of place I found it looked at the time. My concerns and intrigue at the time evolved around how they were going to blend it in with the wider area, as new gloss black track in an overgrown pit within a rusty, post apocalyptic themed area just looked downright silly.

Of course we are yet to see what will happen with the pit, as that is visually the most jarring thing against the new gloss black. But I'm now more concerned that so much effort was put in to designing how the coaster and monster itself was going to look, in which granted a lot of effort has been made, that the blending in of the rest of the area has potentially become an afterthought both in terms of aesthetics and budget.

The now former version of Forbidden Valley, especially when it was new, got away with having quite cheap buildings and structures covered in rusty metal, amid rocks and abandoned vehicles because it was supposed to be a disaster zone, complimented by the theming structure behind Ripsaw, and the flat rides themselves. The inclusion of Air, then compounded by the tacky retheme to Galactica made it worse, as did the clean looking inclusion of the current cafe, rubbish paint job on Blade, and the removal of Ripsaw.

Just chucking black paint over everything, regardless of how it was originally designed to try and blend it in with the new Nemesis seems very Walliams World/Dark Forest to me. I'll always look at that refill station as a repainted Air building the same way I'll look at the empty 4d theatre building painted purple, the prehistoric themed buildings painted grey in Dark Forest, or the Victorian styled façade on CCL Burger Kitchen painted in vomit colours to mask the fact that a family boat ride situated right in the middle of a family themed area was inexplicably turned into a horror dungeon.

Last edited:
Ive laughed hard with all these negative comments. Whatever they do people will moan. Its to black its not black enougj its to rusty looking not enough rust. Its not the same as the original take me back to the 90s etc....

Im really happy with everything thats been done so far and cannot wait to step into the area again.

Ive laughed hard with all these negative comments. Whatever they do people will moan. Its to black its not black enougj its to rusty looking not enough rust. Its not the same as the original take me back to the 90s etc....

Im really happy with everything thats been done so far and cannot wait to step into the area again.
Well then, case closed!

I was about to suggest that we just shut down the forum and any further discussion, but I also note in your first sentence that it seems to make you laugh. Not just any old laugh, but a hard laugh at that! So I guess there is still a purpose for further discussion if it still brings such immense joy.

Personally, I can't wait to see how they finish the area myself before blindly deciding it's just going to be awesome regardless of what happens. Since we're not even half way through closed season, and this is a theme park discussion forum, prepare yourself for plenty more hilarity in numerous threads over the coming weeks if this one tickles you so much. You're in for a treat.

I would like to think that further detailing and/or theming will be added to these new/newly painted black buildings. If they do just all remain as black corrugated metal buildings then I would of course be bitterly disappointed, but if we use Alton Manor as a benchmark for theming levels going forward then you have to imagine that there is more to be added.

Still plenty of time to go before opening day!

Think the sarcasm has been missed.

In part truth though, how can judgement be made before a product has been finished?
Well said, it's best we wait and see what awaits us in Forbidden Valley when it does reopen.
Who knows? Maybe they might even add some new theming to the skyride station at FV? (Although I doubt it)

Right bunch of moaning bitches on here aren't we
Oh thank god...I was worried it was just me.
This closed season seems very...closed.
Towers are famous for the very last minute flourishes in background effects, we have no idea of what the end result will be until it opens.
Looking forward to seeing it myself when (if) the skyride reopens.