• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

The application for the replacement building for the Edge Arcade is still crawling along. This week a construction method document was uploaded dated 22nd Jan. This document advises of a 16 week construction period for the project.

Given the season is fast approaching and the fact working on this area would be tricky when the park is open, could this project be delayed until the next closed season?

The current status of the application is ‘consultations re-issued’ which runs until 6th Feb, meaning a decision isn’t likely until mid Feb at the earliest.

The application for the replacement building for the Edge Arcade is still crawling along. This week a construction method document was uploaded dated 22nd Jan. This document advises of a 16 week construction period for the project.

Given the season is fast approaching and the fact working on this area would be tricky when the park is open, could this project be delayed until the next closed season?

The current status of the application is ‘consultations re-issued’ which runs until 6th Feb, meaning a decision isn’t likely until mid Feb at the earliest.

I think you're probably on the money there. The park won't want the area with their shiny new coaster to be dominated by further construction work. It would make it seem as though they're behind and that the area is unfinished. I suppose they could theme the construction a bit, but leaving it for next year (which then also gives the area something new) would make the most sense.

A chance though they could get the old edge games “de constructed” pre season.

Must be much easier than waiting until the seasons starts, then you only have to worry about construction. As I imagine access will be a pain (assuming via nemesis gate)

A two season project with Edge, Rip2 and Air retheme.

I wish they allocate a bigger budget like other parks do, not in stages just complete an area in one go. Otherwise it’s going to take a long time to get the park up to scratch.

Last edited:
I wish they allocate a bigger budget like other parks do, not in stages just complete an area in one go. Otherwise it’s going to take a long time to get the park up to scratch.

Whilst i concur I’d rather them not rush it.

I can see a ten year investment cycle bringing each area up to scratch with Horizon thrown in. Also hotel refurb.

Activity around the location of the Galactica sign according to TT. What quality of sign goes up may give us an indication of the future plans (assuming it's not seeing a retheme this year).