• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

Is it me, or does the track in the top half of those pictures look like that they might have seen a jet wash? Hard to tell given the the distance but yeah, the track in the bottom half of the picture is disgraceful...I can't help but shake my head at how the park have been allowed to get away with not doing basic cleaning tasks.

All the same if some think that they might be doing Forbidden Valley in a two stage restoration as in the following year being Galactica retheme of Ripsaw return, then I'd honestly rather just split FV in two to have Galactica have its own themed area. Said that idea many times already but honesty given how much it has stuck out from the rest of the area even from the very day Air was built, it might be as well to bite the bullet and do that, though that is highly unlikely.

Is it me, or does the track in the top half of those pictures look like that they might have seen a jet wash? Hard to tell given the the distance but yeah, the track in the bottom half of the picture is disgraceful...I can't help but shake my head at how the park have been allowed to get away with not doing basic cleaning tasks.
Still pretty grubby when you view the bigger versions. It's just a more exposed area

If the ride was jetwashed now, it would be turning green again by opening due to the mass of vegetation around the ride.
Trees make other stuff green.
Agreed.

I think the park are in a bit of a predicament with Galactica. It’s been left rotting for one season too long, and for it to open in its current state next to Nemesis Reborn would not be a good look. But then the bare minimum is to give the track a jet wash and get the station looking decent again. Would the park do this if the ride is rumoured to be getting rethemed next year?

I'm not sure why Galactica has been left to get in this state. It costs very little to jetwash and add a lick of paint to the station. I definitely think Galactica will be the first secret weapon to go, it's never fit in with that area. I give it another 5-10 years tops

I'm not sure why Galactica has been left to get in this state. It costs very little to jetwash and add a lick of paint to the station. I definitely think Galactica will be the first secret weapon to go, it's never fit in with that area. I give it another 5-10 years tops
I agree about it being the first SW to go, but I imagine jet washing a coaster is a pretty serious project which goes beyond a bloke standing on a ladder with a jet washer from B&Q. You’d need to build scaffold towers for access for starters, which don’t come cheap, and would need to fit in and around the coaster track itself and be moved on for each section. Add in the topography of FV and erecting scaffold towers on sloped ground, I reckon it’s actually quite a nightmare of a job!

Desperately needs doing though. But it’s a far more serious job than is made out.

It'd be a shame to see Air/Galactica go but, with how neglected it's been by AT, wouldn't surprise me if you were right. I wonder if they did replace it, what would replace it? Another flying coaster? A new secret weapon entirely? Another worlds first?
I agree about it being the first SW to go, but I imagine jet washing a coaster is a pretty serious project which goes beyond a bloke standing on a ladder with a jet washer from B&Q. You’d need to build scaffold towers for access for starters, which don’t come cheap, and would need to fit in and around the coaster track itself and be moved on for each section. Add in the topography of FV and erecting scaffold towers on sloped ground, I reckon it’s actually quite a nightmare of a job!

Desperately needs doing though. But it’s a far more serious job than is made out.
True, I mean, with how the last season went for the ride, it looks like it was almost forgotten about because of Nemmy. Plus, as you said with how much time it'd take to jet wash the ride... It would take longer than we thought.

About forty quid an hour for man and picker, and sixty for the two man team you would need.
Couple of weeks work, grandsworth of chemical treatment for the season...a good six grand minimum.
Not cheap if you are cutting corners and can leave it to slime up for a season or two...it isn't doing any harm, just looks bad.
Scaffolding would double the cost, and the ride isn't high, so there is no need.
Easily cherry pickerable.