• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

Out of interest, where is this evidence? Genuine question.

Apologies, I’ve worded that slightly wrong.

I should have said that it’s more the state of the general ride and ride area, theming left in a poor state, audio not working around the queue last time I visited, queue line screens not working, station house lighting on and it all sort of looking a bit of a mess.

Same sort of position we were in this time last year with Duel, no?

If there is any kind of retheme I’d imagine it’d be to bring it more in line with Forbidden Valley (Rita in Dark Forest kind of thing) as some are speculating, but I do wish we could see a better execution of the original concept. Forbidden Valley being a yin and yang/hero and villain area is such a novel idea

Last edited:
There's no money to be made in putting in back to Air, it wouldn't be very marketable and it wouldn't really achieve anything. So I think it's highly unlikely. Oh and that tunnel is never going to the themed.

Would not really achieve anything?!?! What, so making your rides look presentable to the general public is now not achieving anything? Since when?

Would not really achieve anything?!?! What, so making your rides look presentable to the general public is now not achieving anything? Since when?
Well they could make Galactica look presentable, or is that impossible? There's no money to be gained in them converting in back to air, just extra expense so they won't.

Well they could make Galactica look presentable, or is that impossible? There's no money to be gained in them converting in back to air, just extra expense so they won't.

Merlin of today is a very different argument from the Merlin of old. "They won't spend the cash as it brings in no return" is an argument that is getting proven wrong more and more frequently within Merlin these days.

"They still neglect the cleanliness of their existing rides" remains a very fair point though doesn't it.
Smiler pit and the grubby general standards of maintenance are still completely evident.
Do the gutters on the small shops still pour rain on the poor punters, or have they actually been fixed yet?
Any hot water in the bogs?

@rob666 whilst I normally tend to agree with you i get the feeling these things are now being addresses; just to slow in my opinion. We've seen a lot of improvements, but some maybe can't be done during open season or haven't got to the top of a very long list yet.

Here's hoping anyway

Ive been pleasantly surprised by the improvements they are trying to make across all the parks. It will take time to bring them all upto scratch as they were starting from a fairly neglected place.

In FV i would love a slight retheme of galactica. Turn it into a phalanx observation point with all that branding on the station building and queue line and if not repainting it just give the track a clean.
There has to be a permanent flat of some description added to the area and i really think they will. Id love 2 additional flata but i think we will only get 1.

I don’t know if this will mean anything, but I visited over bank holiday weekend and my friend pointed out that all of the ‘GALACTICA’ merch was cheaper than the other rides..
That's interesting! It doesn't confirm anything, but it suggests that a re-theme could be on the cards.

That's interesting! It doesn't confirm anything, but it suggests that a re-theme could be on the cards.
The same thing happened with Duel last year didn’t it. Cheaper merch and a ride that was hanging. Galactica is a mess right now…maintenance lights on in the station instead of the cool blue lighting, stickers peeling off in the station, a lack of theming maintenance in general etc. I’ve said before that the Galactica portal very closely resembles the “rebel” logo all around forbidden valley.

I’m pretty confident a retheme is coming for next year, but it’ll be interesting to see how it’s marketed alongside Nemesis. Two major coasters being marketed at the same time will be interesting!

The same thing happened with Air I remember prior to the retheme in which they lowered the price for all Air products so it seems the same is happening here.

If this is true of a retheme then good riddance to bad rubbish.

I don’t know if this will mean anything, but I visited over bank holiday weekend and my friend pointed out that all of the ‘GALACTICA’ merch was cheaper than the other rides..
mmmm selling off remaining stock? better get some whilst its there

I understand that people seem to like Phalanx, but as mentioned earlier, they already have a ride on its own. We don't need another one. Let this ride be its own thing, it's doesn't have to be related to Nemesis or Phalanx whatsoever. Less dark and grim themes, more lighter themes please. Alton towers are severely lacking them as of lately.

I mean, come on, who would want an average military retheme when they could have this?
Screenshot_20230831-104543_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230831-104615_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230831-104551_YouTube.jpg

If in the unlikely scenario that Air returned with a full retheme back to its original concept, I'd actually go as far as to split FV in two in which that area around Galactica/Air could become its own themed oasis land which would certainly be a welcomed changed to all the grim themes as before though you'd need to put a wall up to split the two lands but it has potential.

Maybe have the area be what FV was before in a time in which before Nemesis corrupted the land in which Air is like a spirt that protects the land from Nemesis and if you really pushed the boat out, that car park area around Galactica could end up being part of this themed land.

Ofc, it's a good idea and one that'll never happen in which I lament that the Galactica overlay was a wasted opportunity that could had something more satisfying to see.