• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

Will personally be sad to see the Galactica music go :(... the rest of the "theming" I have no problem with leaving behind, mind.
The past few times I’ve been I’ve hardly heard any music playing in the area anyway 🤣 I think this is a really good opportunity to do something new with Galacticair - they could sell the whole Forbidden Valley area rather than just Nemesis 2: Electric Boogaloo!

I understand that people seem to like Phalanx, but as mentioned earlier, they already have a ride on its own. We don't need another one. Let this ride be its own thing, it's doesn't have to be related to Nemesis or Phalanx whatsoever. Less dark and grim themes, more lighter themes please. Alton towers are severely lacking them as of lately.

I mean, come on, who would want an average military retheme when they could have this?
Screenshot_20230831-104543_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230831-104615_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230831-104551_YouTube.jpg
whenever I see this concept art I think it looks like something that belongs in E.P.C.O.T

I wouldn't mind a Phalanx/Nemesis/FV-esque theme on the lift hill and then changing into the Oasis theme as you go though the portal back to the station.

What do we reckon will happen with Funk n Fly next season?

I’d be very surprised if it stays in FV next year. Surely Merlin creatives won’t want it in the area blasting out Bon Jovi after the huge amount of creative effort they have ploughed into Nemesis’ refurbishment.

Which begs the question, is a permanent flat coming in, will Funk N Fly remain there next season, or will it be relocated?

Whilst I’d love to see a permanent flat, I think it’s pushing it to expect one, especially with the very strong rumours of a retheme happening to Galactica.

Personally, I could see Funk n Fly being relocated to Dark Forest (if it fits?) and a permanent flat being added at a later date.

What do we reckon will happen with Funk n Fly next season?

I’d be very surprised if it stays in FV next year. Surely Merlin creatives won’t want it in the area blasting out Bon Jovi after the huge amount of creative effort they have ploughed into Nemesis’ refurbishment.

Which begs the question, is a permanent flat coming in, will Funk N Fly remain there next season, or will it be relocated?

Whilst I’d love to see a permanent flat, I think it’s pushing it to expect one, especially with the very strong rumours of a retheme happening to Galactica.

Personally, I could see Funk n Fly being relocated to Dark Forest (if it fits?) and a permanent flat being added at a later date.

Stick it where the waltzers were just by the queue line to 13? It probably couldn’t really fit anywhere else unless they bin off Twiststron and it went there to soak up some of the Smiler queue. It would balance out the 13/Rita queues having something else there so it’s not quite as much of a dead end though.

I literally checked the website this morning to see if anything had been changed in the Horizon application as well. Damn it, they haven't included the postcode so it didn't show up!

I'm assuming the whole rusty wasteland look is going to be replaced with glossy phalanx black and new sinister biohazard facility buildings, though they'll have to be careful not to essentially turn it into another X-Sector.
Hope Nemesis will get a full shop this time. There was a surprising lack of merch for such an iconic coaster

Meanwhile, at the Galactica shop literally next door.

stare what GIF

Good to see they have at least some plans to improve FV over the closed season.

Don't know much about planning applications but would they need to submit a doccument similar to this if they were going to refresh Galactica or as it is an already existing ride (and they are not retracking it) is a planning application not needed?

My understanding, from the very helpful Towers St planning guide is that the old Ripsaw Cafe location is in a GDO site, meaning that unless they intend to increase the height of an existing building they don’t actually need planning permission.

Therefore that suggests this building will be higher than today, hence the application?

All will become clear when the documents are listed on the council website I guess.

It seems quite late to be submitting applications for these? If aiming for a March 2024 opening, although I suppose both will be quick to demolish and rebuild.

The Galactica shop needs sorting out while they are at it.

We have documents in regard to the retail unit application. The demolition/extension will make it a multipurpose building with one side being a walk-in (presumably the Phalanx didn't like the feedback they received from their 'stand and point' Squadron Supplies pop-up) Nemesis/FV/Phalanx merch shop and the remaining existing part being split into back of house and a Refill and Refresh station (presumably the Freestyle machines).

The extension will be finished in what the application describes as 'Anthracite grey / Black' Kingspan KS1000RW metal cladding, with the remaining bit of the current building being repainted/rethemed to match.

342632.jpg

342627.jpg

Last edited: