• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

I'm surprised they think there is actually enough demand for merchandise.

Personally I would have rather this switched back to a cafe and the current cafe switched back to fish and chips.

TCAAM's merchandise seems to have sold fairly well and that doesn't have the 30 years of brand recognition, nostalgia and the fact it's arguably the best coaster in the country behind it that Nemesis will by the time this opens.

With it not being immediately at the ride exit it'll almost certainly carry Sub-Terra and Galactica merch as well, plus at least a third will be generic sweets and treats anyway.

How much life it has as a merch shop is certainly up for debate, but I imagine it'll be fine for a good few years. If 'new' Merlin has some sort of focus on refreshing the merch line-up I can see it sticking around for a while in shop form. If not, the proposed new building would certainly be big enough to be converted into a dining option sometime down the line.

Last edited:
As much as I don’t want Nemesis to open opposite a fair ground ride with 80s music, equally I don’t want it to open opposite a blank space.

Any chance there could be a permanent flat in the space for 2024?

I'd imagine the budget has probably been used up for the moment on Nemesis and Curse, hopefully other badly needed TLC

I appreciate it’s probably wishful thinking, but it does seem odd to put a new gift shop away from all the rides, next to an empty area. Maybe a hint that there may be one new flat on the park on the old ripsaw plot (can hope!)

How have they managed to mispell a word on a planning document?

Typo.png

Anyway - gift shop, cafe, whatever - always good to see a site be redeveloped.
Isn’t the doughnut place called Nemices? Still a misspelling but a misspelling of a pun I guess

Yeah, the place is a pun, Nemices, but as that's how it's branded, one can say entirely intentional - but what is a Nemises?

I'll not tell a lie, following the announcement regarding the Retro Squad and given that they are reopening and expanding that unit without any sort of expansion onto the Ripsaw site... I'm allowing myself a moment of optimism that maybe they do have plans to put something permanent onto the Ripsaw site next season.

So everything in Forbidden Valley is essentially going to be black or grey with the exception of Galactica's track?

Great.
Don’t know if this is just wishful thinking on my part but I’m not so sure? The way I see it Forbidden Valley is an area that the Phalanx surveil but don’t fully control. Black/grey would denote Phalanx structures in the wider wasteland of Forbidden Valley. It would be a shame to lose the more Post Apocalyptic Mad Max-esque stuff from the theme and I’d hope the team at Merlin see that.

If it turns out everything is being painted black and we’re getting X Sector 2: With Added Tanks - fair play to the haters on here, you guys were prescient!

Last edited:
I'm surprised they think there is actually enough demand for merchandise.

Personally I would have rather this switched back to a cafe and the current cafe switched back to fish and chips.

I feel it would have been better for the existing cafe to be converted to a retail unit and the Ripsaw cafe building to become a the 'new' cafe.

I'm not sure if having a Nemesis shop not being next to Nemesis will help beyond 2024 and it will become an SBNO retail unit after a few seasons, primarily due to its location. Having a shop near/as you exit the ride would have flowed a little better.

I do miss the fish and chip restaurant though, maybe the the arcade building could be converted into a restaurant/chippy.

Surely X-Sector's primary 'colour' is the creamy grey of the concrete that almost everything in it is built from.