• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

Not an expert but Galacticair probably doesn't get anywhere near the strain on the track that Nemesis has had. I'd be quite sad if it was removed. It occupies a good 'Not too extreme but still a distinct sensation' niche. I don't think there's any other flyers in the UK are there?
I like Galactica. It's nice and relaxing, just a bit too short. They should do a CHOO CHOO and give people a double run-through when it's quiet. In fact, they should do this with all the coasters.

A coaster that's 20-25 years old today is very different to one that reached that age a generation or two before.

Something like an old Arrow or Vekoma, by the time they hit 20 or 30, as well as maybe not being as structurally solid, would also be hugely outdated in terms of safety, comfort and design/build quality.

But a bespoke B&M flyer like Air doesn't really feel dated at all, except for how it's been left to look recently.

Spinball and Rita are definitely ahead of Galactica in the queue for the chopping block.

Even The Smiler could be included as a consideration for removal before Galactica.

I don't think Galacticair will be going for a while yet. Out of all the coasters at Towers, The Smiler will likely be the problem one next (could say its been a problem one since 2013), or Oblivion (due to the pit?). Rita would go for something else in Dark Forest. Spinball would go as a part of a bargaining chip for a large investment elsewhere. Saying all this, there is plenty of available land around the park to add new coasters, so it's not like Alton Towers is at the point of having to remove a ride to add a new one.

Galactica's biggest issue now is the state of the ride/area. It needs a refurb and a retheme.

Last edited:
Even The Smiler could be included as a consideration for removal before Galactica.

I don't think Galacticair will be going for a while yet. Out of all the coasters at Towers, The Smiler will likely be the problem one next (could say its been a problem once since 2013), or Oblivion (due to the pit?). Rita would go for something else in Dark Forest. Spinball would go as a part of a bargaining chip for a large investment elsewhere. Saying all this, there is plenty of available land around the park to add new coasters, so it's not like Alton Towers is at the point of having to remove a ride to add a new one.

Galactica's biggest issue now is the state of the ride/area. It needs a refurb and a retheme.
The Smiler will get retracked/reworked long before they consider binning it, especially whilst it still holds the inversion record.

I think you mean that Oblivion is older than Galactica. Oblivion opened in 1998, Galactica opened as Air in 2002.
That was partially my reasoning, but also oblivion is more forcefull compaired to galactica, although wear on the track would probably depend on the weight of the train and the guage of the track etc.

I like Galactica. It's nice and relaxing, just a bit too short. They should do a CHOO CHOO and give people a double run-through when it's quiet. In fact, they should do this with all the coasters.
Imagine the delay between run-throughs on Oblivion… by the time you’re off the break run, being sent straight back round might feel like more hassle than it’s worth 🤣🤣

“I want to get off Oblivion 1”

Surely a retrack is only needed if the stresses of running have taken their toll on the steel? Otherwise the track will just require standard maintenance? Assuming coasters need a re-track after 30 years is crazy.

Air wont be removed unless they have issues with parts, a re theme is likely however (again)

In TPWW's latest Nemesis construction update video there's some drone footage of FV.
  • Markings either side of the path from Gloomy Wood into the area have been put down, presumably to create some sort of entrance portal
  • The basic metal framework structure for the rebuilt/extended Nemesis shop is in place.
  • The Nemesis sign framework has started to be painted and there appears to be tentacles wrapping around the sides of it.
  • The area where the drill/gun was is undergoing a fair amount of work, looks like foundations for something are being dug in there at the moment (see below)
Opera Snapshot_2024-02-02_170020_www.youtube.com.png

There still appears to be a lot of work before opening season. I think it’s very unlikely a new flat will be here for this season, same with any updates with Galactica.

I hope they give all those big stones a good jet wash before the area opens so it looks more fresh! Sub-terror, nemesis station and the bus could also do with a lick of black to complement.

We might well be seeing some big banners covering construction areas come open day, however I don’t mind as long as it’s not rushed and bodged!

There still appears to be a lot of work before opening season. I think it’s very unlikely a new flat will be here for this season, same with any updates with Galactica.

I hope they give all those big stones a good jet wash before the area opens so it looks more fresh! Sub-terror, nemesis station and the bus could also do with a lick of black to complement.

We might well be seeing some big banners covering construction areas come open day, however I don’t mind as long as it’s not rushed and bodged!
Well, with the season coming soon, I hope they can get everything they can be done and dusted. Especially Skyride for the disabled/less abled guests. Although I am interested in the changed happening to Forbidden Valley...