• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

We'll likely split these off today or tomorrow to save further confusion, but Steve74 was referring to the games arcade development not today's planning application.

There's clearly something going on with the GDO in that area, as the new Forbidden Valley shop also shouldn't have required planning permission according to the previously published guidance. I wonder if the GDO boundary has been altered in the area around the Ripsaw site, possibly to better protect the treeline in that area.

Hang on, "Underpass to Galactica"? Does this mean that the way of dealing with the long running theme clash between the rest of Forbidden Valley and Air/Galactica is that the area will be split in two?

Without the Galactica and RCR plaza, FV would still be quite a sizeable area and it leaves the Air car park free to create a brand new area in the future, which includes Galactica in it.

Far fetched I know but what the hell.
I have also said that honestly it would be best that they should place Galactica into its own area and split it from the rest of FV. If this is the case here then it might be a mid to long term plan to have a new area there as when you think about it if you don't include Galactica, FV would be when you have Nemesis back, dark ride with Sub Terra, a existing flat ride and now possibly another one, FV in terms of attractions and capacity might be considered a 'complete' area of the park back to full strength.

As much as what has been said of what might had been had the original planned Air theme not been scrapped, this actually is a blessing in disguise as with the rest of the ride area there that is large and ripe for development, you could make a whole new area of the park and this new underpass entrance might be the first step in having this new area of the park in which come the time this new flat ride opens, Ripsaw 2.0 or not, then we might be greeted by a wall splitting Galactica from the rest of FV.

WARNING: The following images may be considered offensive and disturbing to creative leads and drone cancel culture police. Viewer discretion is advised. Images were taken in accordance with CAA guidelines and are not to be distributed beyond TS without prior consultation. Images from today, 17/02/24.

DJI_0952.jpg

DJI_0953.jpg

Oh yes, I think the chances of the gun returning in anything like its original form is practically none. Maybe some parts of it might be reused, but the gun itself can still be seen in the pic when it was revealed it was being removed.

At this point the gun is still on the island, it's just in about 10 bits:
1703933579940-png.8421

I just spotted that The Edge signage is still on site - could the name be sticking around for the new arcade?

I would be very surprised! I noticed last season the one remaining original was all rotten and its Leek Signs counterpart on the other side of the building was already looking worse for wear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just taking another look at this photo, and unless I'm very much mistaken, right down in the bottom right-hand corner it looks like the Gloomy Wood Kiosk has been replaced. That roof is rectangular, but the Gloomy Wood Kiosk was one of the 1980s hexagonal units.

This was it, last season:
52756581893_dd3d31e614_w.jpg

It's a completely new building for Freestyle machines. :)

Last edited:
Looks like there's a new fence outside Sub-Terra:

1708859807263.png
Interesting… that would definitely support the theory I heard recently that Nemesis Reborn will see Forbidden Valley be rethemed into some sort of Phalanx research facility. That big steel fence definitely hints at some sort of top-secret research facility theme, in my view.

Interesting… that would definitely support the theory I heard recently that Nemesis Reborn will see Forbidden Valley be rethemed into some sort of Phalanx research facility. That big steel fence definitely hints at some sort of top-secret research facility theme, in my view.
And isn't that the point where spray markers were seen on the ground end of last season? If so, it implies that is a boundary fence to Forbidden Valley with some archway over the path being the entrance.